Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old July 18th, 2005, 07:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

WBWilder is on a distinguished road
Default ACCESSING WEAPONS AND THEIR NUMBERS

I had added to a post with a question but I can't find it now. I don't know if it was deleted or I'm senile (probably the latter).

I want to know how to access the complete list of weapons with their corresponding numbers so the numbers can be typed in when editing a unit.

In many cases I either wanted to change the weapon or reduce ammo but when I clicked on the weapon slot, the list that came up did not include the weapon that was already in slot #1, so even if I did wish to put it back, I can't, without rebuying the unit.

If I have done other editing to the unit such as changing the name, etc, this is a pain.

THe other thing is that to reduce ammo unless there is another way to do it, I have to access the slot and then type in the weapon number first. If that weapon is not in the list, I can't do that. When I rebuy a unit, I'm faced with the same dilemma. I still can't reduce the ammo..a vicious circle.

So my question is again, where and how can I get and access these number for the total weapon list for all countries?

Anyone here know how to do that?

WB

Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Scenario Designer
Old July 18th, 2005, 08:17 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ACCESSING WEAPONS AND THEIR NUMBERS

If you go into MObHack you can see ALL the available weapons and their correspong ID # for a particular nation. Once you have that, you can just type in the # when the "Enter Weapon ID" prompt comes up.
Old July 18th, 2005, 08:35 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Bill, the thread you are looking for where you asked that question ( and the answer ) is in the " "D" key question " thread of WinSPMBT Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 19th, 2005, 02:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

Many thanks, Don. I read it and I am off to take a look at it. Out of the corner of my eye...did your tank just fire a round...I'm watching.

Yep! Very nice!

WB

Wild Bill Wilder
Scenario Designer
Old July 19th, 2005, 12:23 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
WBWilder said:
I had added to a post with a question but I can't find it now. I don't know if it was deleted or I'm senile (probably the latter).

I want to know how to access the complete list of weapons with their corresponding numbers so the numbers can be typed in when editing a unit.

In many cases I either wanted to change the weapon or reduce ammo but when I clicked on the weapon slot, the list that came up did not include the weapon that was already in slot #1, so even if I did wish to put it back, I can't, without rebuying the unit.

If I have done other editing to the unit such as changing the name, etc, this is a pain.

THe other thing is that to reduce ammo unless there is another way to do it, I have to access the slot and then type in the weapon number first. If that weapon is not in the list, I can't do that. When I rebuy a unit, I'm faced with the same dilemma. I still can't reduce the ammo..a vicious circle.

So my question is again, where and how can I get and access these number for the total weapon list for all countries?

Anyone here know how to do that?

WB
The verion of the game you have will only show a partial list of weapons - not enough room. Original coding.

When the patch is available, you wil have access to all the weapon numbers, as I have changed the weapon display page to a multi-page format.

entering -1 will list weapons from 1 up (to the max 120 or so available per page)
-2 fron 120 or so - to max
-3 from 200 or so to end.

-4 or less will remove the weapon as before.

Basically - 3 "pages" of 120 or so weapons (I forget he exact max per page)

(The problems were that not all 250 weapon slots are used, so there can be gaps in the listing. Thus - on the 3 pages you may well see the same weapons appear on 2 of them due to gaps in the weapon list).

For now, as others have suggested - have mobhack's weapons page for that OOB open and refer to that for the ID number.

Cheers
Andy
Old July 20th, 2005, 01:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

Good news. When editing now, I just keep a copy of MOBHACK editor open and minimized for easy access.

This added benefit will help. Thanks...WB

Wild Bill Wilder
Scenario Designer