Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:10 AM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road
Default As requested by Mobhack..

in my other post you asked for a normal text explination for why we should include the extra units.

Well here it is, apart from the obvious one of "historical" accracy. The Unit numbers are incase you are intrested in includeing it, tey're in the UN and UK OOB's I posted alittle while ago:

UK OOB:

Warrior:
After reports from Iraq and speaking to serving soldiers, Warrior should be able to shrug off RPG hits from the front and sides, so maybe increase the anti-heat armour to around the 40-50 mark.
Also the survivability should be increased to maybe 5 or 6. for an example, Look at Pvte Beharry's warrior, in one incident it took 26 RPG hits. The result was lots of damage but the Vehicle was still drivable.
Thermal imaging should only be avavlible from 2005.
Some Recent Versions in Iraq are equipped with SLAT armour.
these increased points force the UK player away from lots of heavy armour (Which we don't currently have) and towards the lighter forces, which the army is being made up of.

Trojan AVRE (Unit 960):
Entering service next year (Currently at ATDU) is a replacement to the Centurion AVRE and the CET. Both are very, very old, and neither are able to survive on a current battlefeild to do their job. As Trojan is bassed on the CR2 it has a better chance of survival.

Viking (Units 694 -966):
The Royal marines new Bovo Vehicle. This is Mine resistant, and lightly armoured. This removes the error of haveing Bren guns avlaible in 2020, on the current BV206.

WAH-64 Apache (Unit 968):
Just changeing the weapon load out, to the normal weapon load, As pictured on the LBM used for the Apache.

Future Lynx (Unit 969):
The UK's new transport helicopter. Slightly heavier carry capacity and better EW rateings (Maybe I placed the EW rateing a bit to high).

Tornado (Unit 971):
Eqquiped with the Hunting JP233, just to show what the MBT engine is capble of. Also useful for senario desgin. Imagine hte senario where one of these smashes up an Iraqi airfeild, then a bunch of SAS bods have to do in the airfeild facilities..

CRARRV and CHARRV (Units 973 and 974):
Armoured recovery vehicles, useful for senario's and campaigns. In a campagin I had a Veteran CR2 imoblised and in danger of getting destroyed, in comes the CRARRV, and drags the CR2 to saftey.

Crowd Control infantry (Units 976-978)
A 4 man fireteam equipped with a Rubber Bullet gun. Useful for senario desginers. Used in Places like Iraq and Northen Ireland.

Snatch Rover's (Units 980-983)
Lightly Armoured Land Rover's with a space for two Squadies to provide top cover with their personal weapons. Used for years in lots of places such as NI, Kosovo and Iraq. An intregral part of the UK's Postwar fighting phase and COIN opperations.

Sheilder (Unit 987):
a Spartan chassis with a mine laying system on the rear.
Why Did I do this, this is the first Unit I modeled. It adds a new dimention to fighting the UK, you can't be sure you will find a minefeild in the way of your attack, even in meeting engaments. This forces people to think about mine clearing items like they would have to in a real opperation. It also shows the versatility of the MBT engine.
The final point: You lot included the LBM in the game!

River Class (Unit 989):
Just an Idea to add some Light Gunboats to the UK OOB. I've also added in COMACCHIO sections to ride in the River Class.

odds and ends:

OOB ERROR: Unit 517, Hercules, has an end date of 1/120, meaning the UK has no troop transports for the last year of the game.

Units 370-373, LSV's have to wider a range of dates. I belive they where trialed by UK special forces during the 1991 gulf war and found to have to short a range, and where, I belive, dropped from then on.

CVR(T): Sabre was withcrawn from service last year. The whole scimitar fleet now has Esquire Thermal Imaging systems fitted.

Scarab (Unit 60), has been sold to Belgium, and is not going to be used by the British (As far as I can tell).

Add in the error's I discovered with the infantry (Posted else where).

UN OOB:

Large Warship (Units 149, 150 and 151)
A large 150m long warship useful for FF and DD in senario Desgin.

TOW team (unit 153):
A crew served ATGM team, the Crew act like Arty peices, and so can be Decrewed for senario's.

MK19 40mm GL team (unit 154):
A crew served AGL team, the Crew act like Arty peices, and so can be Decrewed for senario's.

Starstreak LML team (unit 155):
A crew served SAM LML team, the Crew act like Arty peices, and so can be Decrewed for senario's.

TEL (Unit 158)
A Russian Scud/Frog TEL, useful for Senario's such as hunting scuds in the 1991 Gulf war.

Demolitions (Unit 228)
A crew 0 Ordance section with no Icon. this results in a huge explosion at the start of the Game.
NOTE: to achive this I've had to fiddle with the Ordance explsion, so Be carfeul as ammo carries will explode more violently.

Suicide Bomb (Units 384 and 385 )
An Ammo Carrier with the stats and icon of a Civilian Car.
NOTE: to achive this I've had to fiddle with the Ordance explsion, so Be carfeul as ammo carries will explode more violently.

Credits: Lots of thanks to PlasmaKrab for his help on the UN stuff and Icons.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 12:58 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: As requested by Mobhack..

Most of the stuff there is "specials for scenarios" - scenario designers can build these or similar stuff in the scenario editor if so needed. Ditto "crowd control infantry", JP233 runway attack sytems etc. Same with suicide bombers, de-crewable support weapons and whatever. Not much use for the game, which is aimed at normal warfare between 2 figthing forces in stand-up battles. Not "counter insurgency" operations, though scenarios can be crafted for these, thety are not in the game mainstream, so not worth clogging up OOB space with such stuff. (Feel free to release your own OOB with such stuff, naturally! )

The on-map mine vehicle is something i have tried to avoid end users having access to, as it totally unbalances the game. I will probably need to have check code in the game to nuke these things in a future version, or for mobhack to do it at the OOB level. The ONLY remote mine delivery options that should be available are mine arty and mine rocket classes. It is a definate no-no.

Armoured recovery vehicles - not part of the OOB design method. There is not sufficient time in the game (an hour or so +) to recover a ditched AFV. Tank transporters are provided as a "sop" to those that need/want them.

Scarab seems still to be a possibility - so available as a choice.

Future Lynx seems to be "Lynx Mk10" now.

I'll look into the other points.

Cheers
Andy
Old July 22nd, 2005, 02:29 PM

Sergeant

For what help I can give.

Stuff on Trojan:
http://www.mod.uk/dpa/projects/troja...ugust_2003.htm

Viking:
http://www.royal-marines.mod.uk/stat...html?page=3453

River class:
http://royalnavy.mod.uk/static/pages/3741.html
Although it is a bit of an off-shore unit, not a River gun boat.

The thread where I asked about Sabre:
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/...c/t=17680.html

Note on Scarab: it has the same unit class as the SAS PV's.

Personally I think the crewed Icons are worth keeping, it only covers three unit slots, and it's not like your running out of space in the UN OOB. Same for the Large ship, I can give an example, in DosMBT I did a senario of Spain invadeing Gibraltar, one of the fun supprises I wanted to have was a large warship.

There's also a few formation error's I belive as well.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 02:59 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

I noticed Scarab was same class as SAS PV - was going to change it, but then decided it was a nice "what if" for SAS units to have the option. And for the Scarab formations, it allows the SAS PV as a mine proof version of the panther.

(Mine-proof ability would probably have been better implemented as a unit variable, instead of as a unit class, in retrospect)

Cheers
Andy
Old July 23rd, 2005, 01:16 AM

Sergeant

I've found that if you put survivability 6 on a normal vehicle it becomes as good as a MRV. that's the doge I used on the Panther's, to keep them as their class but include the MRV ability.

Panther IS an MRV. Scarab is jsut a more heavily armoured version to my understanding.