Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old July 27th, 2005, 12:14 AM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road
Default FRES, Terrier and CR2.

I promise this is the last UK OOB post I'll make.
The attached Text file is the stuff I've talked about else where, just for convenient.

Right, New stuff:

Challenger 2
I've recently seen speculation of down gunning the CR2 Fleet to an American 120mm Smoothbore. Like the Warrior with the 45mm auto cannon I don't belive it has been decided on for definite yet, however we might want to include it in the OOB.

FRES.
It's planned as a Light air deployable armoured vehicle for the UK's Rapid Reaction Forces. so it has to be a set weight (Loadable in to a Herc), and needed a new type of armour. As the companies involved have built a test bed vehicle which meets the FRES requirements and have published some information on that vehicle we can work out what FRES' stats will be, and therefore model it in the game, or at least something very close to it.

Versions will be APC, Tank destroyer and CVR(T). The tank destroyer is meant to have a AT-gun, but I'm not so sure that the hull could take it, so It will probably have an ATGW, such as Javelin mounted on it.

There seems also to be a plan to use extensive bolt on Chobham panels for when the FRES will be deployed for an extended time, and have to for fill a medium/heavy role. These would be flown in separately to each FRES and then fitted in theater.

here's a link:
http://www.qinetiq.com/home/case_stu...stic_pank.html

From that we can work out a rough armour profile, speed, weight and survivability. The other stuff can be guessed at with an educated guess. The only Big question is Fire control, Stabilizer and Range finder scores.

Terrier:
Terrier is to be the AVRE based upon similar technology and requirements as FRES.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 369787-UK OOB.txt (2.9 KB, 168 views)