.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old July 16th, 2007, 11:24 PM

Private

Zelgadis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ogre Kingdoms - Warhammer Nation

Doesn't bother me really I just posted it cause he never played warhammer.
Old July 17th, 2007, 12:24 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Who never played warhammer? Me?
Old July 17th, 2007, 02:06 AM

Private

Zelgadis is on a distinguished road

Theonlystd and few others who posted on the thread not you. I would hope you have played the tabletop games if you are making mods for them and figured you had. I just posted for few ideas from my gaming experiences and to give others ideas what Ogres really are.

I hope project turns out great. and didn't mean anything bad by anything I said, sorry if you took that way.

As for everything I also take my experiences from my job working on a similar title. that they will be in. but on a different scope then dom 3 and a much bigger game.
Old July 17th, 2007, 03:12 AM

Major

Morkilus is on a distinguished road

Well, they certainly look Gluttonous. If this mod ends up anything like the Skaven, I'll like it quite a bit.
Old July 17th, 2007, 03:57 AM

BANNED USER

Zelgadis: Of course I don't take what you said as bad; I appreciate you posting. I actually haven't played the tabletop game much, although I had a group of friends who were very into it, so I'm quite familiar with it. I also played some of the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay back in the day and have always liked the Warhammer World. Oh and I painted miniatures - that part of it I always liked.

My ogre graphics are quite different from the GW models, but that's because I've domified them. GW models tend to have a sort of stylish deformed look to them and are limited by what makes a good and relatively inexpensive plastic or metal model. I want to stay true to the spirit of the ogres, while not exactly copying the models (I prefer to copy the illustrations if anything).

Morkilus - they will hopefully be of the same quality, but they will get less stuff overall. Still, they will have plenty of variety and fun units.
Old July 25th, 2007, 09:19 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Hey Sombre, how's this coming along?
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old July 25th, 2007, 12:26 PM

BANNED USER

It's not, unfortunately, at the moment. I'm bogged down with a (somewhat) unexpected load of teaching work for the next couple of weeks.

I'll try to get a bit done every day (just one graphic or a unit entry or something), but basically I think it's on hold until 2 weeks time, when I should hammer it out quicksmart.

The same goes for changes to other mods of mine - in a couple of weeks it'll be all go.

Do you need a hand with any graphics for the tomb kings llama? If you have anything you're struggling with send it over to me or post it up and I'll see if I can't give you a fresh pair of eyes :]

I like your anbuite, but he seems a bit thin. I'd need to check the army book to see if that's just what they're supposed to look like, though.
Old July 25th, 2007, 12:50 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Cool, I'll look forward to it (although make sure not to treat it as a job - I caught myself beginning to do that and had to make myself stop for a bit).

Thanks for the graphics offer. A fresh pair of eyes can definitely be useful at times. I'm about to start on the Ushabti, which I expect to be the most difficult of all, but I'm going to give it a good stab and maybe iterate a bit, then I'll post it and see what people think.

Thanks for the comments on the anubite. I also thought he maybe looked a bit gangly, so perhaps I'll try fattening him up a bit. I gave him a skeletal torso deliberately, inspired by the Warhammer Ushabtis (which are also black and a bit animalish), but maybe that's not quite consistent since they're not actually undead or anything. I'll have a think about it. They're not actually in the Warhammer army you see, just straight from my head, so there's no source material to compare to unfortunately.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old August 10th, 2007, 10:31 AM

BANNED USER

Right, I'm getting back to work on this one starting now.

Tonight I will code them a bunch of low research low cost blood school battle spells. Ogres aren't going to do a whole lot of researching, see? They'll need indies for that.

I need to get some kind of gnoblar graphic ready as well.
Old August 14th, 2007, 02:06 PM

BANNED USER

Here's a rough gnoblar preview. I can't decide which head shape I prefer - one really emphasises the size of their head, nose and ears and is a bit cartoony, like the GW miniatures themselves,.... the other is more in line with dom3 graphical style/scale.

My plan is to allow you to buy a size 3 unit of 4 gnoblars which has 3 attacks. When this takes a hit it's down to size 3- 3 gnoblars, 3 attacks, then size 2- 2 gnoblars, 2 attacks and finally a size 1 single gnoblar with his one crappy attack. Like the Skaven Slave recruits, this is so you can use the gnoblars as chaff and not worry too much about your total number of casualties causing all your big hard Ogre Bulls to run away.

I was messing around with the Ogre Hunter today and he has one scary ranged attack! He was picking off enemy cavalry quite nicely.

Attached Images
File Type: png 543257-Gnoblar work.png (1.4 KB, 147 views)