.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old December 31st, 2006, 05:40 PM

Brigadier General

Shovah32 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Seizing artifacts, accessing national summons

Massing a couple of gorgons might be fun
Old December 31st, 2006, 07:31 PM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

I used my very first wish to summom up an Ancient Kraken. I'm thinking that would be a good use of Wish for a land-based nation, providing you were able to gift of reason him and then empower earth, water, nature, and astral. An etherial, invulnerable, regenerating, lucky, poison resistant, magic resistant, quickened Ancient Kraken is pretty heavy. Costs a ton of gems to set up, ofcourse, but hopefully by end-game you've got lots of gems lying around. Gorgons might have the edge on an Ancient Kraken in a fight, but I'm pretty sure, unmodified, they'd kill each other the first round. I was thinking a Void Lord is pretty decent too, if you equip him up. Full slots with an additional lifedrain for free doesn't suck.
Old December 31st, 2006, 07:40 PM

Sergeant

Epaminondas is on a distinguished road

How do you get Gorgons? I don't think I've ever seen them. Stats?
Old December 31st, 2006, 07:57 PM

General

Gorgons are potential Pretenders. They've got stats somewhere in the intermediate range between a human and a titan. In addition to petrification, they've also got fear, flying, and rejuvenation. A wish for Power for one of these gals is a good choice.
Old December 31st, 2006, 08:00 PM

Sergeant

Ah, thanks. I am going to look for nations that can use her.

I think my problem is that I don't experiment with enough nations: I get locked onto my favorite nations early in strategy games and don't bother to try others. In Dom III, I've almost exclusively played early Arco and Niefelheim.
Old December 31st, 2006, 09:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

mivayan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Epaminondas said:
Ah, thanks. I am going to look for nations that can use her.

Gorgon is fun. Easy to get her killed if you're careless, but fun nontheless. Low-mr chaff just vaporize in melee.

She's limited to EA sauromania and any era pangea I think.
Old December 31st, 2006, 10:34 PM

General

Yeah, definitely put some armor on her, and a horned helmet and a tower shield are good low-level equipment for her. You absolutely want to get either a lead shield or an amulet of magic resistance on her before you send her , because she's the biggest target for Curse in the world. It doesn't matter so much what weapon she has at first, but make sure she has one. If you can swing it, send her out with maybe a rune smasher or an elf-bane, but it really doesn't matter-you just want her to be able to kill the occasional SOB that resists petrification.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 03:55 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

In case anyone wants to try out the rest of the wish related strings, they're in the attached .txt file.

The ones between "whatever" and "nothing" are probably what you can actually wish for, but there are some suspicious strings after that which indicate that you can wish for "many" / "a lot of" / "lots of" some things.

Since the "hunter of heroes" is in there as its own entry, which isn't needed for other individual units, I suspect that something happens *other* than it showing up to work for you if you wish for it....

Anyhoo - the Earth Mother and the various titans probably have the best baseline requisites of anything with full slots. I'm not sure if any of the Demon Lords or Amesha Spenta or other science fiction late game stuff is bigger - entirely possible that they are. Someone should try wishing for "many earth mother" and see what happens . Since you can get titans with Conj 9 for far fewer gems, wishing for earth mothers does not excite me if you only get one.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 483770-wish_strings.txt (962 Bytes, 836 views)
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old January 2nd, 2007, 04:06 AM

General

hmmmm...I think I'd rather have "many gorgon". I'm sure the hunter of heroes shows up and "works for you" as far as working up a sweat killing you in the most memorable way possible ("they found his head...where?...oh so it wasn't his whole head?...they found more than one head?") so as to add to your ultimate er glory.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 04:45 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
DrPraetorious said:
In case anyone wants to try out the rest of the wish related strings, they're in the attached .txt file.

The ones between "whatever" and "nothing" are probably what you can actually wish for, but there are some suspicious strings after that which indicate that you can wish for "many" / "a lot of" / "lots of" some things.

Since the "hunter of heroes" is in there as its own entry, which isn't needed for other individual units, I suspect that something happens *other* than it showing up to work for you if you wish for it....

Anyhoo - the Earth Mother and the various titans probably have the best baseline requisites of anything with full slots. I'm not sure if any of the Demon Lords or Amesha Spenta or other science fiction late game stuff is bigger - entirely possible that they are. Someone should try wishing for "many earth mother" and see what happens . Since you can get titans with Conj 9 for far fewer gems, wishing for earth mothers does not excite me if you only get one.
I wouldn't mind challenging him with some of my Wish-powered-up commanders