World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old June 4th, 2011, 06:37 PM

Private

Sprocket62 is on a distinguished road
Default Question about Win7 install and Aero

Hi guys, I have 2 questions:

1) Do I have to install right off of the root of c:? Or can it be anywhere other than the Windows defaults of c:\Programs or c:\programs(86)?

2) I read in the instructions that Aero will be automatically disabled when launching the game and then turn it back on when the game is closed. Aero is the first thing I disabled when I installed Win7 Is the game going to turn Aero back on even though I want it(and other) features disabled?

Thanks, Sprocket62
Old June 4th, 2011, 10:09 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question about Win7 install and Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket62 View Post
Hi guys, I have 2 questions:

1) Do I have to install right off of the root of c:? Or can it be anywhere other than the Windows defaults of c:\Programs or c:\programs(86)?

2) I read in the instructions that Aero will be automatically disabled when launching the game and then turn it back on when the game is closed. Aero is the first thing I disabled when I installed Win7 Is the game going to turn Aero back on even though I want it(and other) features disabled?

Thanks, Sprocket62
See the windows vista and seven installation instructions, which are posted in a sticky thread at the top of this forum. We do give you a suggested path in there.

I use c:\aaa\ and c:\xxx\ since the AAA folder appears at the top of the Windows explorer list, and XXX at the bottom, thus either is easily found. And both are short (easier to type into dialogues ). You may prefer something else.

Aero will not be turned on if it's off. The full-screen batch file (CMD file) will simply return the desktop to what it was before the full-screen game session.

Andy
Old June 5th, 2011, 07:22 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question about Win7 install and Aero

Quote:
I use c:\aaa\ and c:\xxx\ since the AAA folder appears at the top of the Windows explorer list, and XXX at the bottom, thus either is easily found. And both are short (easier to type into dialogues ). You may prefer something else.
If you spend any sort of time using explorer buying something decent like Powerdesk will save you hours about £25 I think. Set to operate how you want open with as many panes as you like & on the folders you normaly play with plus save other common ones as favorites. Way more powerful than explorer could replace task & start menu with if realy wanted integrates everything so just a click or 2 away. Best program I ever bought & think do a trial version so you can try it.
For those of you that do PBEM set one pane to open on PBEM games or add it as a favorite, your now 2 clicks away from mailing it in other words did quicker than you read this sentence. If want add a note to PBEM registery so hovering over reminds you which player each game save belongs to.