.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old June 2nd, 2004, 08:56 AM

Private

Tumba is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MP Game - Yet another MP newbie game!

Quote:
I think your a little confused about whats going on. If you click on one of the races now you will immediately go to that races first turn and start playing, the game has begun.
Ah, I see. A newbie is a newbie.
Well, if everything has gone as wrong as possible, there's an Atlantis pretender that is not human and a Ermor pretender that is not human and a Jotun pretender that I should not play. Great!

So If I can access these, please tell me what to do with each of them. Turn Atlantis and Ermor to AI and try to contact the one who wanted Jotun?

[ June 02, 2004, 07:57: Message edited by: Tumba ]

To do is to be.
Sartre

Do be do be do.
Sinatra
Old June 2nd, 2004, 10:03 AM

Private

Tumba is on a distinguished road

Ok. I checked.
I'm not sure what did happen, but it seems that all is in order. Ermor and Jotun are controlled by somebody else not me (I don't know how it happened) and Atlantis is controlled by me.

And the most interesting part is that atlantis has a human pretender, even if I remembered that my Last Atlantis god wasn't one. I must have created one just for testing.

So suprisingly it seems that everything is ok...
Unless I hijacked somebody elses Atlantis, like I thought I did to Ermor and jotun?

To do is to be.
Sartre

Do be do be do.
Sinatra
Old June 2nd, 2004, 04:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

ioticus is on a distinguished road

SO what should I do? I'm in control of Jotun with a non human pretender. Do you want me to post my stats and never leave my castle, or what?
Old June 2nd, 2004, 04:51 PM

First Lieutenant

Huzurdaddi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
SO what should I do? I'm in control of Jotun with a non human pretender. Do you want me to post my stats and never leave my castle, or what?
Correct. Look you went against the rules. What do you want me to say: "it's ok"??

If you think that this is too harsh then set your nation to computer controlled.

Quote:
I hope it's not to late to confess that my R'Lyeh pretender isn't a human with 10 Points/Path because there aren't any. But I tried to take the next best thing.
The arch mage is 10 points per path. And it looks like he is human. He has no real advanatge over the freaklord, which is allowed.

Anything else would be bad.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 05:13 PM

Sergeant

Cheezeninja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The arch mage is 10 points per path. And it looks like he is human. He has no real advanatge over the freaklord, which is allowed.
He has both advantages and disadvantages. Unlike the freak lord you get a level of water magic for 0 points, along with trample, you also get a third misc item slot. He is however Aquatic and cannot leave the ocean without an amulet of the fish, which he convieniently has a third slot for.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 05:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

ioticus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Huzurdaddi:
Correct. Look you went against the rules. What do you want me to say: "it's ok
If you think that this is too harsh then set your nation to computer controlled."??
My pretender is the Son of Niefel. Magic is 5 water, 4 earth and 4 nature. He will stay in his castle. Is that enough info?
Old June 2nd, 2004, 05:45 PM

Corporal

spacht is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry, I didn't notice the archmage guy for R'lyeh. Now I've got the Void Lord with 6 Astral and 3 Water. Is there anything I shall not do with him?
Old June 2nd, 2004, 07:33 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
My pretender is the Son of Niefel. Magic is 5 water, 4 earth and 4 nature. He will stay in his castle. Is that enough info?
That's fine.

Quote:
I'm sorry, I didn't notice the archmage guy for R'lyeh. Now I've got the Void Lord with 6 Astral and 3 Water. Is there anything I shall not do with him?
You are constrained to your starting castle. Sorry but that's the way it has to be. The void lord is one of the best SC's in the game ( right up there with the VQ and the AllFather). I'm sorry that you effectivly lose some points that way, but those were the rules.

I'm sorry to be a dick to you guys about this, but both the son of Son of Niefel and the Void Lord are simply way better than any human pretender.

On the plus side given how many people are in the game being a sea nation is going to be a big plus. So you should be ok. Beware of independent strength 9 tritons though!

[ June 02, 2004, 18:34: Message edited by: Huzurdaddi ]
Old June 2nd, 2004, 07:38 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
He has both advantages and disadvantages. Unlike the freak lord you get a level of water magic for 0 points, along with trample, you also get a third misc item slot. He is however Aquatic and cannot leave the ocean without an amulet of the fish, which he convieniently has a third slot for.
I agree with you that he is perhaps the best of the human style pretenders. But he is not *that* much better than a normal human.

However if all human pretenders were this good the gap would be narrower, which is a good thing.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 12:07 AM

Corporal

vigabrand is on a distinguished road

I must also apologize for not following the rules, albeit unintentionally. Somehow, I got the pretender I created from a previous game, not the one I created for this one. I've got Moloch, and I won't leave the castle. Sorry for the mess up.

Vig