This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old April 10th, 2013, 04:10 PM

Corporal

Mario_Fr is on a distinguished road
Default infantry support gun (unit class 16)

I just found out that it`s still possible that these guns shoot after they were unlimbered from a truck.
I`m not sure about the patch-history but I think that was changed a long time ago, usually ATG`s can`t shoot in the same turn they`ve unlimbered.
Also, I think in one of the last patches the cost for ATG`s was reduced. But unit class 16 still has the old values and costs more than ATG`s.
By the way, it seems that not many nations have units in that class except Germany, Poland and France (AFAIK) and all guns there are ATG`s (without a special infantry support purpose; they don`t have more HE rounds. The only difference is that they don`t have any sabot or HEAT), so maybe they should benefit from the changes to the cost calculator as well.

Mario
Old April 10th, 2013, 06:18 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,482 Times in 2,710 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: infantry support gun (unit class 16)

Yes, you are correct, but you are wrong about the nations that use that class and how that class is generally used, there are 18 nations and the usage encompasses all gun types including field guns so this is NOT just a "anti-tank gun" class... but that IS how some OOB designers have used it when they had no other options

As well, what you are looking at are last years OOB's and because you mentioned this less than 24 hours before the next patch is released it will now be the number one item to investigate on next years list.....however.... this all sounds very familiar. I *think* we may have looked at this sometime in the past and because there is such a wide variety of guns that use the class it was decided to leave it alone but I'll have to discuss that with Andy.

In any event it's on the list again

Don