World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old September 28th, 2012, 11:53 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Soviet OOB 11 formation suggestions

Not to nit pick,
The soviet Para A coy having 1 sniper per platoon is a bit excessive just IMO,but it's been that for years,, so who am i to say it should be changed
Old September 29th, 2012, 05:08 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

You right, it's been that way for years and it's got nothing to do with Para Company[A] becasue the sniper is added to the platoon and the platoon is added to the company so the issue is the platoon but EVERY Russian Para platoon has an attached sniper not just Para Company[A] so if you find info that proves that to be wrong, let me know otherwise it stays as it is.

Don
Old October 1st, 2012, 08:23 AM

Sergeant

Griefbringer is on a distinguished road

10.) About para company organisation

I checked the Red Army Handbook for info on the airborne forces, but that section is unfortunately rather low in detail when it comes to para company organisation - so no info about what the amount of snipers could have been.

However, the company seems to have contained a mortar platoon, armed with three 50 mm mortars - this is not currently presented in the game. On the other hand the current para company HQ includes MG section, which could perhaps be part of a separate formation instead (it seems that all of the MGs in a para battalion were concentrated in a battalion MG platoon/company).

Also, the current para company TOE has anti-tank rifles spread in penny packets across the platoons (one ATR team per platoon), while the Soviet doctrine in general seems to have preferred their concentrated usage - also in para formations they seem to have been battalion level assets. Thus perhaps the individual ATR teams could be removed from the platoons?

BTW: not related to the organisation, but to the in-game issues, the current Soviet para sniper (with fire control 10) is quite pricy. Perhaps cheaper variants with fire control ratings 3 and 6 could be added as alternatives, as has already been done for the US para platoon?
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:21 AM

Corporal

void1984 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griefbringer View Post
BTW: not related to the organisation, but to the in-game issues, the current Soviet para sniper (with fire control 10) is quite pricy. Perhaps cheaper variants with fire control ratings 3 and 6 could be added as alternatives, as has already been done for the US para platoon?
Exactly. The same goes about almost any mountain/marine/paratrooper company.
I raised that topic here.
That's particularly painful when I play company size battle and I need to devote 10% of my force points to the sniper.