.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old September 30th, 2003, 10:33 AM

Major

Nagot Gick Fel is on a distinguished road
Default Province reports

Sorry if it was already suggested (this board has already too many threads for me to check them all), anyway there's something I'd like to see in Doms II: province reports (a la Stars!). With data like tax level, unrest, supply level, etc. And a "jump to province" button or something, please.
Old September 30th, 2003, 10:44 AM

Captain

johan osterman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Province reports

Quote:
Originally posted by Nagot Gick Fel:
Sorry if it was already suggested (this board has already too many threads for me to check them all), anyway there's something I'd like to see in Doms II: province reports (a la Stars!). With data like tax level, unrest, supply level, etc. And a "jump to province" button or something, please.
There is a province overview which does all of this except tells you about the supplies, it will also show you search history, defense and the orders of the commanders in the province.
*edit I misremembered it shows supplies as well.*

[ September 30, 2003, 09:45: Message edited by: johan osterman ]
Old September 30th, 2003, 10:54 AM

Major

Nagot Gick Fel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by johan osterman:
There is a province overview which does all of this except tells you about the supplies, it will also show you search history, defense and the orders of the commanders in the province.
That's fine, but not always as convenient as a *sortable*, spreadsheet-like report. Say, I own 50 provinces, I know about a dozen of them suffer from unrest and I want to solve this problem: I'll have to scroll the map overview, trying to locate these provinces, maybe missing some. OTOH, I could sort the report by "unrest", and just use the "jump to" feature to solve the problem in a wink.
Old September 30th, 2003, 10:56 AM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road

Not only that is shows supplies, but it also shows supply usage right next to it so you can compare.

[ September 30, 2003, 09:58: Message edited by: Daynarr ]
Old September 30th, 2003, 11:03 AM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That's fine, but not always as convenient as a *sortable*, spreadsheet-like report. Say, I own 50 provinces, I know about a dozen of them suffer from unrest and I want to solve this problem: I'll have to scroll the map overview, trying to locate these provinces, maybe missing some. OTOH, I could sort the report by "unrest", and just use the "jump to" feature to solve the problem in a wink.
Actually I had 50 provinces and no problem at all handling unrest in them. All the provinces with unrest are easy to spot from the list (it looks like spreadsheet) and you can manage both defense and tax level from there, so you don't have to exit/enter same window over and over again. It’s done really good.
Old September 30th, 2003, 11:04 AM

Captain

johan osterman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Nagot Gick Fel:
quote:
Originally posted by johan osterman:
It is not sortable as it stands. But you can change taxes and orders etc in the overview, or jump to selected commander or province.