Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Terrible Player. - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 10th, 2009, 09:06 PM

Private

paarfi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Terrible Player.

I'd like to second the suggestion of reading Baalz's guides. I started out playing Marverni, loading up on boar lords and carnute nobles, and throwing them straight into battle with a heavy bless. I'd avoid the druids for the most part because the old age scared me off. Of course I got beat down regularly by the AI.

Then I read Baalz's Marverni guide, and it was like discovering a whole new game. All those different ways to use a druid! Different ideas and strategies that seemed to fit that nation so well.

I read the rest of Baalz's guides, and some from others in this forum with great interest. I would never have thought to fit out Shide Lord thugs for Eiru or Tir like that. Amazing. The game stopped seeming like a bland bunch of nations with basically similar units and different themes just for flavor. The ways some seemingly minor spell or unit could transform the way you play a nation made me want to dive in and try them out. It also made me think about the possibilities, and how alter those strategies with my own ideas.

I thought the manual was very well written. But it wasn't until I started reading Baalz's guides and some of the others here that I really started to understand and appreciate Dominions. Highly recommended to all newbies and strugglers.