.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old September 19th, 2007, 03:59 AM

Corporal

SalsaDoom is on a distinguished road
Default Armor modding

Hey fellas,

I want to make a custom piece of armor, but the modding doesn't seem to be up to it. Its.. actually too basic to be really much use at the moment Maybe the next patch?

Anyway, its not possible to say, make a custom piece of armor ethereal is it? Not like say, you can with a unit? I was thinking if I could modify the robe of shadows.. but there isn't a #copystats for armor. I'd have to replace it and that doesn't sit well with me at all.

Any solutions for now? Or I am waiting in the hope armor modding will be expanded?

Thanks
--SD
Old September 19th, 2007, 06:26 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Armor modding

You mean item modding, right?

You can currently mod everything about the armour listed in the equipment part of a unit - def, enc, protection, head/body, resource cost.

But item modding is limited.

If you want a unit that has armour that makes it ethereal, just make the unit ethereal, call the new armour "Shadow plate" or whatever and explain it in the description. If you want something 'new' you build using item forging, all you can do is use the limited mod commands to change an existing piece of item armour.
Old September 21st, 2007, 05:08 AM

Corporal

Maraxus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Armor modding

Of course this only works, as long as you make the unit no commander who will then be able to take another armor (of course you don't need to gve him a body slot...)

Concerning item (armor) modding, the moddding comands are far behind the possible. Maybe there will be a patch to improve this, maybe not. Afaik at least in the next no big changes are anounced in this area.