.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old August 30th, 2007, 12:39 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Best Mod Vote idea.

I also would like to see a mod "list" be very unrating or categorizing.

But the vote thing in this thread is fine. Maybe we could also start a list of the Dom2 mods. A few of them work with Dom3 but unfortunately it appears that the more involved it was, the more likely it is to be broke now. There are some there which would be a fun addition if they could be repaired to work with Dom3
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old August 30th, 2007, 01:15 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

A while ago I made a thread asking if people were interested in me fixing up any of the dom2 mods to work with dom3. There was zero interest at the time.

Most of the dom2 mods just seem inferior to me, though there might be some diamonds in the rough. I haven't played any of them, just looked them over.
Old August 30th, 2007, 02:47 PM

Major

Morkilus is on a distinguished road

I'd like to see a Dom3 version of the Dragon mod, but I wouldn't really know where to start for fixing it.
Old August 30th, 2007, 03:05 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I think that some of the ones on Illwinters Dom2 MODs page could be interesting ideas for AI mods. Anyone looking at getting into modding, that should be easy to do. No worries about "balance" or if you have all of the needs covered (scout, mage, fighter, cavalry, archer, etc). Just as long as its an interesting new thing to run into. The Dragons mod, the Devils mod, the Trolls mod, False Dawn. I see that the Amazons mod and the Hoburg nation are being redone for Dom3. I also remember some things that Leif had in his version of SemiRand for "HorseLords" and "Vampire Nation" which might be interesting.

Of course the same ideas can be worked into the SemiRandom program if someone would rather move that direction. (shameless plug)
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old August 30th, 2007, 03:47 PM

BANNED USER

Hoburg Alliance and Amazons have already been redone for dom3 as Hoburg Alliance SE and Themiskyra respectively.

Trolls has effectively been redone as Vaettiheim SE.

Morky, if you want I can teach you how to 'fix' the Dragon mod, using the IRC channel. Or you could just have a go at it yourself, use the mod manual and see if you can muddle through - that is certainly a learning experience.

Having looked inside a couple of dom2 .dms I don't think you'd have to change that much at all to get it /working/. Polishing is what takes time.
Old August 31st, 2007, 10:55 AM

Sergeant

Leif_- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sombre said:
Hoburg Alliance and Amazons have already been redone for dom3 as Hoburg Alliance SE and Themiskyra respectively.
But where's the Hoburg/Amazon Alliance mod?
Old August 31st, 2007, 12:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Leif! is this like "I have been summoned by the use of my name" thing? Have you looked at SemiRand? Its really going well along the lines of our favorite project. Im going to let it progress along the "everyone make a province so we can get a huge library" path for abit but I am envisioning later having special libraries to swap in for doing themed maps.
Old August 31st, 2007, 12:39 PM

BANNED USER

Quote:
Leif_- said:
But where's the Hoburg/Amazon Alliance mod?
Links are in the mod list, stickied.