.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 29th, 2007, 06:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

Maltrease is on a distinguished road
Default Re: someone run this game

... I was wondering why the attack felt a little light. I'm sorry to hear that.

Actually... that is awful. I'm sure you spent a tremendous amount of time on the turn.

Actually I should reveal that I have a secret alliance with the Amazons and we are going to team up and destroy the Argathian beasts. We were just waiting for them to expose themselves. Ya... ha ha.. some ally you think you have.

My clever form of dece... honestly will undo your alliance... which uhhh doesn't even exists!
Old April 6th, 2007, 06:38 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Hey guys,

I wonder if we should declare some time limit on this game, like 5 or 10 more turns. I'm happy to keep playing properly as long as you two want to, but I also think the outcome is increasingly clear. I'll do what I can to stop Caelum's hordes, but there's not much more hope any more I fear...

I'm really pleased with how I played the early and mid game in this game. My late game, though, has been terrible - my excuse being that I've never got to late game before, so I'm effectively a newbie. I was hoping that mass castings of remote strike spells would be sufficient, but really they're just gnats. It seems that Tartarians and the like are the way to go.

I do find the late game very odd. Armies kind of feel pointless - even Caelum's largest armies I think I could wipe out with a concentrated attack of Ghost Riders, with half the commanders killed first by Infernal Disease or Earth Attack. Given that, I don't really feel inclined to build armies up myself, so I'm not really sure what to do.

Anyway, like I say, I'm happy to keep playing, but I think it's likely I'll also be happy to concede fairly soon.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old April 6th, 2007, 10:07 AM

Sergeant

GameExtremist is on a distinguished road

Heh,

I know the feeling, I had hoped my large armies of Ancient ones would have made a better accounting for themselves....its not so much that SC's are unbalanced...its just that Caelum has armies of SC's!!! (compared to Agartha anyway ; ) )

I'd like to keep going for now, Sure I'm in for an *** whooping but I'll take that with me to other games I will play in the future.

I'd say Agartha will be washed up in 10 turns or so...
Old April 6th, 2007, 10:36 AM

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

The war continues then...
Old April 6th, 2007, 08:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

Maltrease is on a distinguished road

The end game can rapidly become tedius as you have so much to manage. I thought your last round was excelelent how you annihilated my army of 3 army of devils. I thought they would have faired better vs ghost riders.

I will admit that unless you guys have something hidden up your sleave I will likely win due to a huge economic advantage. That Nexis is POURING in the gems... sometimes producing more then all my sites combined.

While I think there is some fun to be had in the end game I am open to being declared the victor... if only for the huge amount of time it will save. I'm also open to keep playing... so I can try out some things.

I will agree at this point that any army that can't stand up to ghost riders is going to be pointless. Which does lead itself to thugs and SC's cause I can't think of any normal troops that wouldn't at least take losses greater then casting of the ghost riders.
Old April 11th, 2007, 09:45 AM

Sergeant

GameExtremist is on a distinguished road

Well I am quite happy to concede, there is no way I can put a dint in Caelum's forces, Well played Maltrese!

My only regret is that I didn't play the game from the start! (shameless attempt to shift blame of losing away from self )
Old April 11th, 2007, 07:54 PM

Me too. Good game, thanks guys! I really enjoyed it a lot.

I'll ask Gandalf to end the game, and also to send me the ftherlnd file in case we want to mess around with it in the future.
Old April 11th, 2007, 08:19 PM

Oh, sorry Tyrant - hope that's okay with you!

Thanks again for being such a good sport and keeping on playing with nothing but your capital. Boy, that was so annoying! I just didn't know how to finish you off!
Old April 11th, 2007, 10:59 PM

First Lieutenant

Tyrant is on a distinguished road
Default Caelum Ascendent

But..but..but I was just about to launch Plan Z. Having lulled the surface world into a false sence of security it was not time to launch my Ultimite Strike! (ahem)

Seriously though, good game guys! I greatly enjoyed our war Llama, an excellent course in underwater combat, and you are a good sport and a fun guy to play with.

That was very impressive Malt! I could not see the details well from my small lake, but i have never seen anything on the score graphs like the blitzkriegs that you demonstrated trice. Very impressive indeed!

Also, props to TDNP for both playing it out against the dog-pile and being a good sport about it, few players wouold have done that. Thanks to GM for subbing as well, subs always get glory points in my book. Last but not least, thanks for hosting Gandalf, your peerless contributions to the D3 community are greatly appreciated.

All hail Maltrease, Bestower of Good Gifts (like Robes of the Magi!), Master of Magic, and One True God of Spruit!
Old April 11th, 2007, 11:04 PM

First Lieutenant

Tyrant is on a distinguished road

Couple other things-

Quote:
llamabeast said:

Thanks again for being such a good sport and keeping on playing with nothing but your capital. Boy, that was so annoying! I just didn't know how to finish you off!
I told you you would never get me out of my lake! I proudly claim fourth place!

BTW- did Wrath of the Sea do ANYTHING at all?