.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old August 29th, 2005, 11:25 PM

General

PashaDawg is on a distinguished road
Default Pasha and his Pashadom

Ugh! The PRESSURE!!! Gawd, Chris... why don't you slam me into the lockers or somethin'.

Jurri and I have been allied in this game since very early on, and being a man of my word, I have had no intention of breaking that alliance.

I need to practice a lot more to expect to WIN win, so I figured that I could take the number 2 seat if Jurri succeeded in squishng Chris. On the other hand, I could join Chris and maybe defeat Jurri, but then I would expect Chris to feed me to his ally. (I like Boron, but he has already feasted on my flesh twice.)

I can go either way. I am happy to end. I am happy to play.

Maybe it would be fun to watch the two pet dogs (Boron and me) bite each other's ears off, etc. [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Envy.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Cold.gif[/img]
Old August 30th, 2005, 12:20 AM

Captain

CUnknown is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pasha and his Pashadom

I would keep playing.. If you want to keep playing, Pasha, we can. It's just that these turns take so long to do, and each one just brings new suffering for me. I'd love to face Jurri's forces in a straight-up fight, but he's never going to allow that to happen unless he'd win the battle.

I feel as if my empire is slowly decaying. It's not a fun happy feeling!

But, maybe we should play another turn to watch the Abomination v. Water Queen duel?
Old August 30th, 2005, 08:00 AM

General

Default Re: Pasha and his Pashadom

Hi CUnknown:

It sounds like it would be better for us all to concede defeat to the squid-meister. When this particular game is no longer fun, then it is time to stop. Because:

THEN WE CAN START A NEW GAME!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<Loud Kermit the Frog cheer!!!> ... but there is no frog gremlin, so how about a panda, because it is kinda close to fozzy the bear...

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img]

YAY!!!!!! PANDA-KINDA-LIKE-MUPPET-PANDA!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Panda.gif[/img]

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/PointRight.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/PointRight.gif[/img] Fresh game!

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/PointRight.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/PointRight.gif[/img] New plans!

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/PointRight.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/PointRight.gif[/img] Untarnished dreams of glory!

I'll buy it! [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon41.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon41.gif[/img]

Old August 30th, 2005, 10:35 AM

Captain

Jurri is on a distinguished road
Default Squidhead triumphant?

Convinced me! Besides, no need to over-diplomatize this: if none of you guys think you can turn this around in your favor, then it's time to quit. Thank you all, this was certainly one of the best games I ever played, both for the fun-factor and the quality of plays. That early expansion by jeffr was just plain awesome! (You should try out you stuff with a cheaper castle, though ) And I'm awed how Chris not only survived, but also got through the whole game only being attacked once, despite the central position: That's some diplomacy, right there.

The item-mod looks a lot better than the earlier iteration. I'm not sure if the changes to Hell Sword are at all adequate: all it does is make protection/hp based SCs better in relation to defense-based ones, I'm afraid. The golem will function nearly as well without a shield: it will get almost as much protection bonus from berserk. (The readme seems to be inaccurate, btw: don't use it.)

The nations mod looks very promising. Although I'm not sure if I like the changes to Caelum, thematically. Not that I ever played them.
Old August 30th, 2005, 12:43 PM

Sergeant

jeffr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Squidhead triumphant?

The scales in the conceptbalance_complete_3.dm (373674-concept3.zip) file are:

#supplymult 125
#poppergold 190
#deathincome 4
#deathdeath 3
#slothincome 4
#slothresources 15
#misfortune 13
#eventisrare 20
#coldincome 6

which I think means:

Scale Stock Mod
Productivity/Sloth Gold 2% Gold 4%
Resources 10% Resources 15%
Growth/Death Gold 2% Gold 4%
Population .02% Population .03%
Luck/Misfortune Event 10% Event 13%
RareEvent 15% RareEvent 20%
Cold/Heat Gold 5% 6%

What do these lines mean?

#supplymult 125
#poppergold 190

Also, do AOE weapons/spells always hit every unit in a square, regardless of the defender's defence?
Old August 30th, 2005, 01:04 PM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road

I didn't know that Ritual of Returning saves you from the horrors. That's interesting.

Now that we all surrendered the question i am most curious about is: How many clams + other hoard items do you have Jurri?
I would still guess you have at least 150 clams but this is only my playstyle so i could be very wrong.

Golems with vanilla lifedrain weapons are extremely good though, imho the best massproduceable SC.
Old August 30th, 2005, 01:49 PM

Captain

jeffr: I guess they mean that you'll get 25% more supplies, and that you'll only need 190 population per gold piece instead of 200. Damn, I was writing a long-*** post to the conceptual-mod thread and then this [censored] thing took and hung up on me... I'm pretty sure the AOE weapons/spells always hit, regardless of defence. At least it says so in the hints the game gives between hosting. "Weapons and spells with an area effect automatically hits all units in that area."

Boron: About 110 clams, plus ~30 earth blood stones. I told you the real number when we discussed this; I've been making something like 4-7 each turn for quite some while now. Take a look for yourself, the password is 'juntti' without the quotes! That will also demonstrate how returning will save mages from horrors, and maybe there are other interesting things to see. You and me, we don't play R'lyeh at all similarly I'd love to see a turn from an advanced game of yours!

The golems, I agree with you. Tartarians might be better being cheaper, but then you need to get the Chalice.
Old August 30th, 2005, 05:05 PM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road

Wow even more impressive then what you did Jurri. I didn't look in your Turn because i believe you without.
As Chris says you used your resources excellently.
Fighting vs. your fully mobile armies is not pleasant because it is difficult.

In Faerun i am Ryleh and we are now on turn 71 but we play with newer mods, especially Zens item 1.0.
Now in Qms Balance 3 things are again a bit different but in Zens item 1.0 the golems and SC in general are rather crappy with the lack of Lifedrain.

You are really good at finding always the best setups with the various mods.
Regarding Tartarians: They cost 25 Death with zens mod, i think in all versions of the spellmod.
And they don't have astral magic normally. And finally they are undead. So my estimation would be that they lose vs. golems + golems are cheaper because you don't need to convert them because pearls are normally your biggest gem income. 25 Deathgems would be 50 Pearls needed to convert so if you compare them this way the golem is 20 pearls cheaper even.
Old August 30th, 2005, 06:33 PM

Captain

Quote:
Boron said:
I didn't look in your Turn because i believe you without.
No, I didn't mean it like that: I figured you might be interested to see just what it is I do instead of huge-scale clamming as a fellow R'lyeh player And thanks for the compliments! The 3 gold lobo was a big red sign to me, I was surprised nobody had interest in R'lyeh aside from me.

True about the Tartarians. I hadn't really taken to heart that they cost that damn much with the mod. However, astral you don't need, for an SC to make Indeed, for certain nations golems having astral makes them rather useless against some other nations due to magic duel. R'lyeh of course can just teleport magic duelers of their own after the golem, if that's a worry. Undead is a problem, granted. Lifelessness could be, too, though.
Old August 30th, 2005, 08:05 PM

General

Default Swarm 4!!

Swarm 4! Swarm 4! Swarm 4!

I claim ULM, if Chris is willing to let go of them.

Pasha