ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old March 18th, 2013, 02:17 PM

Private

Wyke is on a distinguished road
Default an Off topic "Ouch!" moment

OK, before I go any further I just want to say that the following is not aimed at the guys at Shrapnel/Camo at all. The service for their part has been spot on. But it is a cautionary word of warning to UK and probably other European customers.

Anyways, onto my little tale.

About ten days ago I decided that it was about time that I showed my support for the guys in the best way I can, and bought a copy of SPWW2. Being a bit 'old fashioned' I prefer a good solid disc in my hand rather than just the downloaded copy.

Well, today I had a not through my door from the postman telling me that they had a parcel, but it couldn't be delivered because there were 'outstanding charges'.

So I headed off to the postal delivery centre, muttering under my breath at the guys at Shrapnel.

*Bows his head and mutters a heartfelt "Sorry" cos he should have known better*

Well, it turns out that it was our 'friends' at customs and excises. Who had decided that they wanted £4.50 VAT out of me. Oh and £8 'handing charges'

So, I pulled out my Visa card and handed it over, only to be greeted with a "Sorry Sir, we only take cash".

After much biting of my tongue I jumped in my car and headed off into town, as of course, the closest ATM was a good 3 miles away.

I got there, for once saw an empty spot to park in, and threw the car into it. I dashed to the ATM, grabbed some money and ran back to my car, less than two minutes. But just long enough for me to see the smug looking A**hole of a traffic warden strutting away after leaving me a £60 note on my screen.

When I finally got back to the delivery centre I so, so hoped that the counter attendant was not going to come out with a "Have a good day" or similar comment as I don't think I could have remembered that it wasn't her fault.

So, the morel of my tale? Next time you see a customs man hit him with an 88 in the place that the sun never shines on. When you see a traffic warden...........