.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 4th, 2014, 09:15 PM

Corporal

Tomas is on a distinguished road
Default Urgent Fury I

Now for something bit different:

Quote:
Urgent Fury I
Date: October 25, 1983
Battle Location: Point Salines, Grenada
Battle Type: US assault vs Cuba/Grenada defend

Description: This is the initial battle of Operation Urgent Fury, where elements of 75th US Ranger Regiment struggle to secure the airfield at very southern tip of Grenada island. While the invasion of Grenada was met with little resistance at other locations, things were different at Point Salines.

After US HQ found out that it isn't possible to land on the airfield, since the runway was blocked by obstalces, they made hasty decision to perform low-altitude airdrop instead. Part of the forces was not dropped at all due to technical problems.

Supported by AC-130 gunships, US Rangers secured the airfield few hours later, capturing more than two hundreds of Cuban and Grenadian soldiers, before being relieved with additional troops that landed on now clean runway.

Notes: If played against the AI the human player should take the US side.

Sources: Internet.
Hopefully everything will work out. WINSPMBT MC-130 pilots aren't that cool as they were in real life apparently, so some troops might end in water. Real thing went smooth, if i remember right, there was only one injury (broken leg i think) and one ranger landed in the water, but managed to swim to the coast (keeping his equipment too).

Rest is modeled pretty much as it was, around ~250 rangers parachuted in. The defense is modeled roughly on what I was able to find out (also by dead & captured, from various sources).

Any comments are welcome.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Urgent Fury I.zip (87.1 KB, 251 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post: