.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old November 21st, 2004, 04:23 PM

Captain

Chazar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Schedule

How long are we going to wait for Pickles to return? How do we continue if that time is up?
Old November 22nd, 2004, 04:56 PM

Captain

Cainehill? JJ_Colorado?
Old November 22nd, 2004, 05:41 PM

Lieutenant General

Cainehill is on a distinguished road

Not sure about Pickles - is he R'lyeh? Have you sent him a PM yet? Myself, I'm not in a _huge_ hurry since my GF is here until Saturday morning, so if I don't have to take a turn before then, so much the better.

But if he doesn't reply to a PM, since he didn't say anything about being temporarily AWOL, guess you'll have to AI him or something, presuming you have the master password?
Old November 23rd, 2004, 04:29 AM

Captain

Default Re: Pickles/R\'yleh missing without notice

Yes, Pickles is R'yleh and has not replied to PM so far. I do not have his eMail. And, no, Norfleet did not tell me the master password, so we cannot set him to AI...

So considering Cainhill's situation, I think it is the best to ask ReverendZombie to set the game back to 72hrs QH after this weekend. Since in my view the game is still interesting enough even without R'yleh. So do we three (Cainehill/Pangaea, JJ_Colorado/Abysia, Chazar/Caelum) continue our epic struggle for godhood or is anyone else giving it up already???

@JJ_Colorado: Are you still there as well and interested in beating me up? (Not that I will let you beat me! )
Old November 23rd, 2004, 01:26 PM

Mark the Merciful

I haven't been paying much attention to this game, but I have noticed that turns haven't been executed. I can contact Pickles in RL and pass on your message.

Mark
Old November 23rd, 2004, 01:40 PM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
Mark the Merciful said:
I haven't been paying much attention to this game, but I have noticed that turns haven't been executed. I can contact Pickles in RL and pass on your message.

Mark
Doesn't seem like you've been paying any attention to For_Who_The_Bell_Tolls - could you please at _least_ go AI there?
Old November 23rd, 2004, 03:36 PM

Captain

@Mark the Merciful: That would be very kind! Please tell him that we are waiting for him to do his turn and that we have set the game to QH only. It would be nice to know whether he will resume to play and is just temporarily busy or whether he has already abandoned our game without going AI nor giving any notice to us!
Old December 5th, 2004, 04:49 PM

Captain

No reply from Pickles nor from Mark the Merciful. I have already send emails and PMs more than a week ago.

I am tired of waiting any longer. I do think that this game might be interesting to play out, even with R'yleh staling. So I suggest asking ReverendZombie to switch back to 72hrs schedule. (in fact 96h would suit me better, but I do not worry to much, but both Abysia and Pangaea seemed to have problems with 72hrs, no?)

So, please, Cainehill and JJ_Colorado, what do you think? Are interested in playing out this game?
Old December 5th, 2004, 09:25 PM

Lieutenant General

I wound'nt mind, if JJ is still in. This is one of the ones where we don't have a master password, right? (Because it'd be better if we could set nations to AI, but I don't think we can.)

Mark has been ... Well, I don't want to say what he's been in a public forum but he's been taking turns occasionally in some games, and ignoring others, despite Messages sent. I say burn him at the stake, and serve him with poblano BBQ sauce!
Old December 6th, 2004, 05:35 AM

Captain

I dont know about other games, but Mark the Merciful has played this game until the very end of his nation - and it had been quite a slow end where he continued to fight me when hope of recovery was already lost for quite a couple of turns. I really appreciate that and would play with him again!!!

His offer to contact Pickles was also quite kind, and I remember that he posted in another MP Game thread (which I am not connected to) that he is pretty busy and occupied by something. @Cainehill: so please do not continue to be rude towards him within this particular game thread!

I am disappointed by Pickles abandoning this game without a notice, but we do not know the circumstances and he seemed to have disappeared completely. So I do not want to judge this, and I do not think that this could serve any useful purpose anyway.

Anyway, as soon as JJ send us a live-sign and signals that is willing to continue play, I will send a message to Reverend Zombie asking him to
set the game to 96hrs quickhost (72hrs might be a bit too short for me over Christmas).