.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 18th, 2008, 08:51 AM

Corporal

ComTrav is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Promised Land

I'm fine with waiting for Ylvali, everyone waited for me, after all.

Having seen that battle where Garcimor died, I would say a big part of it had to do with being in high hostile dominion; he only had like 30 hps in Dragon Form.
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:02 AM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ylvali said:
I have to go away until sunday evening. I just found out, work stuff. I sent in the current turn so it can host another time. Is it too much to wait for me with the next one? The delay would be something like 24 hours.
Sounds like I'll just have to reset the game timer once, then.

Holy_bricklayer, we've been on a 48 hours timer from the start, not 24 hours. That's up to two days per turn, not one. Anyway, if you're in a really hopeless position then feel free to set yourself to AI. Hope you had fun in this game.
Emergency comic relief
Old April 18th, 2008, 02:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

kasnavada is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And damn, how is it possible to lose a god on province with few or maybe even no defense ? :/
Usually it isn't. Unless you got particularly unlucky on a morale roll or didn't see a thug or SC on the other side (I doubt that...).
* Darwi Odrade
Old April 18th, 2008, 04:39 PM

Private

Shigure is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Holy_bricklayer said:
Just a question for marignon, where did that army came from ? I didn't see it coming ^^
And damn, how is it possible to lose a god on province with few or maybe even no defense ? :/
The one in Pholothras, now standing around in Alman? They were inside the fort biding their time. I wanted to break the siege many turns ago but I was worried that the dragon and his army would move back to help the siege along.

As for the god, as ComTrav said it was the hostile dominion that did you in -- I had 8 or 9 candles in that province, which translated into an 80% hitpoint reduction for your god. Also both the dragon and your army stayed back, allowing my crossbowmen a dozen or so turns to fire on you unmolested. Apart from that there were no tricks -- I had no troops or commanders there, only a provincial defence of 20.

By the way, how do you like those angels? Though your surprisingly massive PD got my harbinger this turn.
Old April 21st, 2008, 03:17 AM

Corporal

Going to add nature gems to the list of gems I want.

So the Forge of Ulm (TM) are now in need of Earth and Nature gems. We will trade gems of any other type for Earth/Nature. We'll also take these as payment in kind for other gems for any forging. (And I can forge almost every path except blood, though I only have air-1 and my numbers of forgers in certain areas may be limited...incidentally, will also consider trading for air boosters)

As to Marignon, I'll catch Tomaso sooner or later. I'm still a little surprised you decided to put all your effort into attacking Caelum rather than stand and defend your capital. Your angels are rather impressive, but I remind you you are not the only one in Primea capable of outfitting (or countering) Thugs.

Finally, it's good to see that Pan has lifted Shinuyama's siege on the castle on our borders.

Anyone have news of the Atlantis/Agartha conflict? Agartha seems to have taken back some territory in the past few turns.
Old April 21st, 2008, 04:38 AM

Private

Quote:
ComTrav said:
Going to add nature gems to the list of gems I want.
You're in luck. Eriu has a bunch.

Quote:
As to Marignon, I'll catch Tomaso sooner or later.
I'm sure you will. I have nowhere to run, after all. My goal at this point is to grab as much territory as I can and then set it on fire. (Though I haven't been fully effective at that; if I was thinking straight, I would have dismantled my forts as you approached them. It only takes you a turn to crack them open, anyway.)

Quote:
I'm still a little surprised you decided to put all your effort into attacking Caelum rather than stand and defend your capital.
After the battles at Solian, my capital became indefensible. Even without the eastern distraction, I probably would have lost it at least temporarily. (I'm surprised you assaulted my other fortress first, by the way; I was expecting you to go straight for the capital.)

In any case, I had basically three choices: attack you and ignore Caelum, attack Caelum and ignore you, and attack both of you. For the first, if I was really lucky I might have been able to fight you to a standstill... until the resurgent Caelum destroys me. The third would almost certainly lead to defeat in detail to no effect. That left the second option, which also leads to my destruction but it also drags one of you down with me. If there was a route to victory that I overlooked I'd sure like to hear about it.

Quote:
Your angels are rather impressive, but I remind you you are not the only one in Primea capable of outfitting (or countering) Thugs.
I assure you, I am fully aware of your capabilities. (Also, due to the loss of gem income, I am no longer particularly capable of outfitting thugs. I don't suppose you could port in another one of those golem gift packages? )

Quote:
Anyone have news of the Atlantis/Agartha conflict? Agartha seems to have taken back some territory in the past few turns.
Atlantis took one of Agartha's forts a couple turns back, and is now sieging the capital.
Old April 21st, 2008, 05:25 AM

Corporal

After Solian you still had two decent-sized armies, and sieging one of your fortresses kept you from combining them. Mainly, though, I expected you to fight more for your capital. Although now I have plenty of fire gems for fire fend.

You could probably hold out for more than a turn with your massive force of barbarians, but then they wouldn't be able to continue looting and pillaging the countryside. (Which I assume is why you built so many). At least I won't need to work too hard to change the scales in your territory (Vanheim's turmoil/sloth/cold was pretty frustrating, although I didn't mind the Drain so much).
Old April 21st, 2008, 05:58 AM

Sergeant

Ylvali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Shigure said:
Atlantis took one of Agartha's forts a couple turns back, and is now sieging the capital.
- Haaz! dem gozzipping buggerz can nae proof notting!
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:49 AM

Private

Quote:
ComTrav said:
You could probably hold out for more than a turn with your massive force of barbarians, but then they wouldn't be able to continue looting and pillaging the countryside. (Which I assume is why you built so many).
The reason is much more sad than that. Namely, that Caelum keeps thunderstriking my heavy infantry and cavalry dead, and storming my crossbowmen useless... and that's pretty much the entire Marignon roster. I've been training flagellants -- unblessed flagellants -- and barbarians. ... I hate fighting Caelum.

(And, of course, those are exactly the worst possible units to use against blade winding Ulm.)

Quote:
At least I won't need to work too hard to change the scales in your territory (Vanheim's turmoil/sloth/cold was pretty frustrating, although I didn't mind the Drain so much).
If I understand rightly, you don't gain any bonus from positive scales in hostile dominion. But yes, apart from the heat I didn't take any bad scales.

Quote:
Ylvali said:
- Haaz! dem gozzipping buggerz can nae proof notting!
Above the waterline, here the Heavens shine directly upon the world, knowing all, revealing all with its holy light. On the land there can be no secrets!
Old April 21st, 2008, 05:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

cupido2 is on a distinguished road

Oh Pangea and Bandar Log, why are you harrassing me like that! Pangea is bleeding to death and Bandar will face the same fate after we strangeld the Pans. All you achieve is to dig the grave for all three of us.