.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old February 29th, 2004, 10:04 AM

Sergeant

CharonJr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noob\'s shot at an R\'lyeh AAR

Turn 39

8 blood slaves were captured in Gol Phalas.

3 Vine Ogres were summoned in Kolermegor.

Acashic Record cast on Rim Mountains revealed 3 magic sites – Brigand Lair (causing 5 unrest), Rockside Spring (+1 earth gem, +1 water gem) and a Magma Cave (+1 fire gem, +1 earth gem) adding nicely to my earth income.

Some earth gems were found in Faran.

Pythium declared a Emerald Lord as its prophet.

2 sneakers were discovered in Birman Highs.

Marignon was defended by 15 militias/helbardiers/piketeers, 3 Initiates, 3 Friars, 1 Inquisitor and a Great Sage (who turned out to be a Red Dragon with 300 HP). While the infantry was fighting my front elements and was having some of its units enslaved the Dragon flew out to my Illithids and attacked them. The Illithids broke fairly quickly. While the Dragon followed the Illithids it was paralysed – sealing its fate. During the same turn the Marignon infantry broke and my troops were able to charge the casters. In the end I lost 6 Illithids and about 5 fodder while Marignon is destroyed.

My troops in Abysia are starving and I will start to move them out.

Provinces: 54
Treasury: 1.553
Income: 2.475
Upkeep: 1.316
RP: 442
Fortification: 7
Temple: 12

Conjuration – 7 (researching, will reach 8)
Alteration – 6
Evocation – 6
Construction – 8
Enchantment – 7
Thaumaturgy – 6
Blood Magic – 7

Fire gems: 56 (+16)
Air: 30 (+6)
Water gems: 25 (+14)
Earth: 26 (+6)
Astral gems: 7 (+15/+13)
Death: 22 (+10)
Nature: 30 (+11)
Blood: 0

Updated province information:

Some fairly large troop concentrations of Ulm, Man, Pythium and Atlantis can be seen, making me rather wonder when than if they will attack. Actually I am surprised that nobody has attacked till now.

My Provinces:

Due to the info about my provinces getting longer and longer I will skip this one, too.

Mainly I reduce taxes by 10% for each 5 points of unrest/raise them again when unrest is going down.

The Golden Adept is 2F, 2S, 1D and will be set to research, another one will be recruited.

I got a 2W, 1E, 3S mage who will research, the Lore Master turned out to be another 1F, 1A, 1S, 1D who will research, too.

3 More Vine Ogres will be summoned for 1 nature gem in Kolermegor.

Acashic Records will be cast for 25 astral gems on Gipha and I hope to find more earth gem sites.

The Clam is given to a star child in C’tis, the Sanguine Rod is given to the 2B empowered mage who will start to bloodhunt in Kolermegor and the Scepter of Dark Regency is given to the 3(4)D mage, bringing him up to 7D and will summon a Spectre for 10 death gems.

The fodder army from Rim Mountains will move to Old Man Mountains while one of the mage lead armies from Marignon will head to Rim Mountains to pick up the troops who routed from the battle in Marignon and the other mage from Marignon will do the same in Wicker Woods.

The army in Wicker Woods will continue to Glade Woods.

The mage lead army from Oune will move to Birman Highs in addition to the priest there.

The mage lead army from Gol Phalas will continue to Gol Ryepe.

My 2 mage lead armies, my prophets army and the army of my Illithid Lord will move from Abysia to defend Glimmering Fields, they can’t take too many troops with them due to moving 2 provinces, but they might be enough to discourage an attack.

The archers and heavy infantries in Abysia are assigned to 2 commanders and will move to Gol Ryepe.

The mage lead army from Stone Heavens will move to defend Illidar while the Sea Troll King from Jotunheim will move to defend Moss Woods with his 35 barbarians.

The 2 armies from Iron Range will move to defend Temiglia while the mage lead army in Aenasia picks up the 3 Sea Trolls and continues to Iron Range.

My priest in Bolfagon will preach for now and my priest in Hoburgdorf will move to Glimmering Fields.

The mage lead army in Gol Ryepe will continue to Giant’s Rest and due to the Ulmish armies on my borders I will raise the PDs to 21.

The armies in Iron Range, Solam, Bolfagon and Old Forest will stay in their defensive positions.

Glisas will move to Yldmyre to show some presence there.

A Sanguine Rod will be forged for 4B, in addition to a Clam of Pearls for 8 water gems.

A 2B mage will be empowered to 3B in order to become my blood forger.

In Abysia 7 heavy infantry and 3 archers will be recruited in addition to 4 Crossbowmen in Giant’s Rest.

I will buy 1 more starspawn mage, a Lore Master and a Golden Adept.

Since having only seldomly played with assassinations I will hire a master assassin merc in Giant’s Rest this turn in order to have some fun (and to prevent anybody else from getting him ).

To be continued...

CharonJr

Map: http://homes.highspeed3.de/CharonJr/R'lyehAART39.JPG
Old February 29th, 2004, 01:08 PM

Sergeant

Turn 40

Conjuration is up to 8 and will be researched till 9.

8 blood slaves were captured in Gol Phalas and another 8 in Kolermegor.

3 Vine Ogres were summoned in Kolermegor in addition the the Spectre in Tiash. I think that the Spectre might be a decent assassin due to its decent hitpoints, defense, etheralness and 1W, 1E, 1D (Quickness, Iron Skin, Animate Dead, Animate Dead, Frozen Heart, Attack rearmost), it will be moved to Gol Ryepe.

Acashic Record cast on Gipha revealed 1 magic site – Flesh Eater’s Isle (unholy priests can summon ghouls here for free).

100 additional taxes were raised in Scytha and 200 in Pangaea.

Provinces: 54
Treasury: 2.140
Income: 2.622
Upkeep: 1.366
RP: 442
Temple: 12

Conjuration – 8 (researching)
Alteration – 6
Evocation – 6
Construction – 8
Enchantment – 7
Thaumaturgy – 6
Blood Magic – 7

Fire gems: 56 (+16)
Air: 30 (+6)
Water gems: 25 (+14)
Earth: 26 (+6)
Astral gems: 7 (+15/+13)
Death: 22 (+10)
Nature: 30 (+11)
Blood: 0

Indies have taken Namor and I will try to take this province.

My Provinces:

Due to the info about my provinces getting longer and longer I will skip this one, too.

Mainly I reduce taxes by 10% for each 5 points of unrest/raise them again when unrest is going down.

It seems like my newly empowered 3B mage died (reason unknown) making me effectively waste 45 blood slaves

The Golden Adept is 2F, 2S, 1E and will be set to research, another one will be recruited.

I got a 1W, 3S, 1N, 1B mage who will research, the Lore Master turned out to be 2A, 1S, 1N who will research, too. One od each will be recruited again.

A Bane Lord will be summoned for 10 death gems to lead some undead archers later on.

Acashic Records will be cast for 25 astral gems on Moss Woods.

The Clam is given to a star child in C’tis.

My mage lead army in Illidar will attack the roughly 10 indie troglodytes in Namor.

The 2 armies in Temiglia will move to secure Spire Woods.

The mage lead army and the priest in Birman Highs continue to Black Forest.

The fodder army in Old Man Mountains continues to Solam.

The mage lead army in Wicker Woods moves to Glade Woods.

The army in Rim Mountains picks up some routed troops and moves to Old Man Mountains.

My hired assassin Terminus is moving from Giant’s Rest to The Two Woods and I hope to catch a Ulm commander there.

The mage lead army in Giant’s Rest will move to reinforce Bolfagon.

The mage lead army and the Illithid Lord lead army in Gol Ryepe move to Giant’s Rest, the 2 fodder armies move to Glimmering Fields.

A temple and a fortress are build in Glimmering Fields in additions to 21 defenses. Another 21 defenses will be build in Bolfagon.

The armies in Glade Woods, Moss Woods, Iron Range, Solam, Bolfagon and Old Forest will stay in their defensive positions.

A Clam of Pearls will be forged for 8 water gems.

In Abysia 7 heavy infantry and 3 archers will be recruited in addition to 1 barbarian chief and 18 barbarians in Jotunheim and 1 commander + 1 heavy infantry in Cacian Forest.

To be continued...

CharonJr

Map: http://homes.highspeed3.de/CharonJr/R'lyehAART40.JPG
Old February 29th, 2004, 08:11 PM

Sergeant

Turn 41

Pythium declared war this turn.

4 blood slaves were captured in Gol Phalas, another 7 in Kolermegor and 1 in Gol Ryepe.

3 Vine Ogres were summoned in Kolermegor in addition to the Bane Lord.

Acashic Record cast on Moss Woods revealed 1 magic site – Thunder Oak (+1 air gem).

50 additional taxes were raised in Temiglia in addition to reducing the unrest by 20.

Solam was flloded by rain and 25% of the population died.

My armies in Giant’s Rest are starving and I will switch them for the armies in Bolfagon.

The 8 trogs in Namor were easily defeated, but Man wanted its province back, too, attacking with 25 light cavalery, 10 Cu Shide, 6 spearmen and 2 Daoine Shide lead by 1 Castellan and 1 Shide Champion. Gladly the arrows failed to do serious harm and the charging Cu Shide were dispatched first, some due to enslaves. Meanwhile my centaurs charged the archers and routed them. The remaining infantry soon followed leaving just the Champion on the battlefield taking death before dishonor 2 of my centaurs died.

Pythium attacked in Spire Woods with 15 Triarius, 5 Principes lead by a serpent lord and a theurg communicant. The battle looked fairly bleak with 3 sea trolls, 2 trogs, 1 Nifel Giant and 10 fodder being killed before the 4 Otherness were able to turn the tide. In the end all but 3 Triarius were killed.

The other Pythium attack took place in Old Forest. The Pythium forces consisted of 10 Alae Legionnaires, 5 militas, 3 serpent cataphracts and 1 hydra hatchling being lead by 1 Serpent Lord. After 1 serpent cataphract and the hydra hatchling were enslaved the Pythium forces routed, after this another serpent cataphract and the Serpent Lord were enslaved. For some reason my 5 knights stayed right next to the unmoving hydra and were killed by the poison

Provinces: 55
Treasury: 1.290
Income: 2.665
Upkeep: 1.407
RP: 494
Temple: 13
Converted Provinces: 27

Conjuration – 8 (researching, will reach 9)
Alteration – 6
Evocation – 6
Construction – 8
Enchantment – 7
Thaumaturgy – 6
Blood Magic – 7

Fire gems: 88 (+16)
Air: 27 (+7)
Water gems: 37 (+14)
Earth: 38 (+6)
Astral gems: 10 (+15/+14)
Death: 32 (+10)
Nature: 50 (+11)
Blood: 27

There are roughly 100 troops in each of Glanis and The Two Woods.

My Provinces:

Ah, my 3B mage is back, mistakenly I used him to cast Acashic Record he will be moved to Tiash now.

The Golden Adept is 2F, 3S (argh, I need it the other way around...) and will be set to research, another one will be recruited.

I got a 1W, 3S, 2D mage who be moved to Gol Phalas to summon some death troops there. The Lore Master turned out to be 1A, 1W, 1S, 1N who will research.One of each will be recruited again.

Acashic Records will be cast for 25 astral gems on Birman Highs.

The Clam is given to a star child in C’tis.

The 2 mage lead armies from Glade Woods will attack the Phythium province of Elkland which is only lightly defended at the moment.

The lightly defended Pythium province of Garillion will be attacked by my 2 fodder armies from Solam.

The Pythium province of Storn Woods is defended by about 20 troops and will be attacked by my mage lead army from Black Forest while the priest will build a temple.

Pythium is defended by roughly 30 troops including the pretender – a Son of the Sun – and will be attacked from Old Woods and Spire Woods by 2 mages, 1 star spawn priest and Glisas to provide additional firepower since my troops consist of just 4 Otherness, 3 Illithids and about 10 assorted enslaved units

The lightly defended province of Jerib will be attacked by 1 mage lead army from Iron Range.

The army for Old Man Mountains will move to Solam.

The priest in Glimmering Fields will start to preach while the fortress is still under construction.

The Spectre from Gol Ryere will move to Giant’s Rest and the assassin in The Two Woods will try to assassinate a commander.

An army with 24 heavy infantry will move from Abysia to Gol Ryepe.

A Clam of Pearls will be forged for 8 water gems in addition to a Winged Helmet (+1A) for 16 air gems and a Starshine Skullcap (+1S) for 8 astral gems.

The remaining RPs will be put into Alteration.

Atlanasha is still feebleminded, is it possible that Gift of Health will not word underwater or have I been just unlucky till now ?

In Abysia 1 commander and 6 heavy infantry and 3 archers will be recruited.

To be continued...

CharonJr

Map: http://homes.highspeed3.de/CharonJr/R'lyehAART41.JPG

[ February 29, 2004, 18:16: Message edited by: CharonJr ]
Old February 29th, 2004, 08:30 PM

Major General

Arryn is on a distinguished road

You have an impressive / obscene number of RPs. I'm envious. And gem income. When I think of what I could do with those numbers if I had them in my Utgard game ...

Do you build PD? If I recruited as many mages as you have I couldn't afford to have built all the PD I have. I'm still trying to figure out how you're so much stronger in magic than I am (350 RPs on Turn 33 vs. my 232 on the same turn). I can add, if I try, 35 RPs worth per turn in mages (at a cost of 510g). You're climbing faster than that.
Old February 29th, 2004, 10:24 PM

Sergeant

Turn 42

Research in conjuration is completed.

8 blood slaves were captured in Gol Phalas, another 8 in Kolermegor.

Acashic Record cast on Birman Highs revealed 2 magic sites – Mirrorlake (+2 water gems, +1 air gem) and an Earth Blood Seepage (+2 earth gems).

Some fire gems were found in The Weald, and some troops were cursed when they took some gems away from a witch.

Terminus successfully assassinated a Commander of Ulm in The Two Woods.

My undefended army province of Spire Woods was taken by Pythium.

The Pythium province of Jerib was defended by 20 militias and 15 slingers who were easily dispatched.

Pythium’s province of Storn Woods was defended by 20 militias, 15 slingers, 10 Velites, 6 Principes, 6 Battle Vestals, 5 barbarians and 5 archers, 5 Villain lead by 1 Centurion, 2 Theug Communicants, 1Battle Deacon, 1 Barbarian Chief and 1 Hydra Trainer. While they rolled towards my 8 Illithids, 3 Greater Otherness, 1 Minotaur and 1 fodder my mage managed to enslave 4 of them, slowing them down a bit with the mindbLasts helping, too. When the troops clashed the slingers and archers were killing hurting their own men more than mine. The Greater Otherness cut through the infantry like a hot knife through butter. Right before my Greater Otherness reached the Pythium commanders the Pythium forces routed.

A indie army consisting of 15 militias, 15 thralls, 10 blood slaves and 8 vampires lead by a vampire count attacked Storn Woods next. The vampires attacked and it took some rounds to kill them due to being etheral. Next the thralls were killed by the Greater Otherness without any problems. The count summoned undead 3 times but nothing was able to stop my Greater Otherness. But in the end the number of enemies did take its toll and 1 Greater Otherness was killed.

The PDs in Elkland were overcome without problems.

My two fodder armies in Garillion were met by 10 militias, 5 slingers and 5 barbarians lead by a Centurion and a Battle Deacon. The first volley of my archers routed the militias. Later the archers killed more of my own men than enemies. In the end I lost 6 fodder.

A sneaking enemy was discovered in Old Aran.

My forces in Pythium (2 mages, 1 star spawn priest and Glisas leading 4 Otherness, 3 Illithids, 2 serpent cataphract, 2 Emerlad Lords, 1 Serpent Lord and 10 fodder) met 45 militias, 25 slingers, 20 gladiators, 6 Velites and 1 serpent cataphract lead by 1 Serpent Lord, 1 Emerald Lord, 2 Centurion and the Pythium pretender – a Son of the Sun. My mages casted some enslaves while Glisas jumed right into the slingers after casting its preparation spells. My mages had to cast 6 Paralyse on the pretender before one finally stuck. The Son’s Astral Shield paralysed 5 of my troops, but he was killed fairly fast anyway. The remaining Pythium forces routed but just about 10 were able to escape. 1 serpent cataphract was enslaved. Glisas reach the fourth XP star during this fight.

The Dark Citadell in Pythium will take quite some time to breach due to its 350 defense, but I am not sure if I can assign additional troops to support the siege right now.

Provinces: 59
Treasury: 1.757
Income: 2.784
Upkeep: 1.447
RP: 501
Temple: 14
Converted Provinces: 25

Conjuration – 9
Alteration – 6 (researchind, will reach 7)
Evocation – 6
Construction – 8
Enchantment – 7
Thaumaturgy – 6
Blood Magic – 7

Fire gems: 109 (+16)
Air: 20 (+9)
Water gems: 46 (+17)
Earth: 46 (+8)
Astral gems: 11 (+17/+15)
Death: 32 (+10)
Nature: 63 (+12)
Blood: 27

My Provinces:

The Golden Adept is 2F, 1E, 2S and will be set to research, another one will be recruited.

I got a 2W, 3S, 1N mage who will research. The Lore Master turned out to be 2A, 1E, 1N who will research.One of each will be recruited again.

Acashic Records will be cast for 25 astral gems on Black Forest.

The Clam is given to a star child in C’tis, the Winged Helmet (+1A) to my 3A mage and the Starshine Skullcap (+1S) to a 3S mage who will move to Talito.

The 2 fodder armies from Garillion will move to Storn Woods in order to support the siege at Pythium.

The 2 mage lead armies from Elkland will attack the lightly defended province of Cimri.

The mage lead army from Stron Woods will attack the lightly defended province of Tirannea.

My mage lead army in Jerib will attack Spire Woods which is defended by roughly 30 Pythium gladiators. Glisas will support the attack since it is fairly useless at the siege anyway.

My fodder army in Gol Ryepe will move to Glimmering Fields.

My priest in Giant’s Rest will build a temple.

The Spectre will move to The Two Woods where Terminus will try another assassination.

My mage lead army in Solam will move to Garillion.

The priest in Black Woods will move to Storn Woods to build a temple there.

A Clam of Pearls will be forged for 8 water gems in addition to a Bag of Winds (+1A) for 16 air gems and a Blood Thorn (+1B) for 16 blood slaves and a Starshine Skullcap (+1S) for 8 astral gems.

Since I want to cast a Well of Misery (required 80 death gems, adds death gems each turn) soon I can’t use any death gems for forging right now, but I can’t resist the temptation to cast Tartarian Gate for 10 death gems at least once

To be continued...

CharonJr

Map: http://homes.highspeed3.de/CharonJr/R'lyehAART42.JPG
Old February 29th, 2004, 10:37 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally posted by Arryn:
You have an impressive / obscene number of RPs. I'm envious. And gem income. When I think of what I could do with those numbers if I had them in my Utgard game ...

Do you build PD? If I recruited as many mages as you have I couldn't afford to have built all the PD I have. I'm still trying to figure out how you're so much stronger in magic than I am (350 RPs on Turn 33 vs. my 232 on the same turn). I can add, if I try, 35 RPs worth per turn in mages (at a cost of 510g). You're climbing faster than that.
Nope, I rarely build PDs unless I am afraid of an impending attack. And even then I will not build them unless I am fairly confident that they will make a difference in the fight. Whenever I build PDs I write it into the AAR since this happens fairly seldom.

I prefer a fairly strong offensive/mobile army to static defenses.

I recruit about 35 RPs each turn, too, costing me 610 gold. But I think the main difference are my researching heroes and pretender (48 RPs each turn) in addition to the fairly cheap (85 gold) star children which add 7 research which I essentially recruited ever turn in the beginning in addition to the mages.

The star children are among the most efficient concerning RPs/gold due to my magic scales of 3.

My main focus is on research, which would likely get me killed in MP fairly fast, but did work fairly well in this SP.

I think I was able to conquer richer provinces in the beginning, too, enabeling me to buy more mages.

And finally the decent Void summons enabled me to save some money I would have otherwise been forced to spend on troops.

CharonJr
Old February 29th, 2004, 11:09 PM

Major General

Arryn is on a distinguished road

Okay, that explains things. I routinely build all provinces to 10 PD, and 20 PD on borders that are, or may become, contested. Different styles. Whatever works is okay. And after all, it's only an AI ...
Old March 1st, 2004, 12:07 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally posted by Arryn:
Okay, that explains things. I routinely build all provinces to 10 PD, and 20 PD on borders that are, or may become, contested. Different styles. Whatever works is okay. And after all, it's only an AI ...
Well, in contrast to the R'lyeh PDs (except the Illithid commanders) the Jotunheim PDs are actually worth their money

CharonJr
Old March 1st, 2004, 12:43 AM

Sergeant

Turn 43

Research in alteration reached level 7.

8 blood slaves were captured in Gol Phalas, another 11 in Kolermegor and 1 in Dunheim.

3 Vine Ogres were summoned in Kolermegor and Tartarian Gate was cast in Tiash, summoning a Tartarian Cyclops (no leader) – 327 HP, 18 prot, 30 mor, 17 MR, 0 Enc, 26 Str, 12 Att, 17 def, 5 prec, 3/11 move.

Acashic Record cast on Black Forest revealed 1 magic site – Corpse Candles’ Marsh (+1 death gem, +1 water gem).

Rain killed one fourth of my pepole in Great Aran Waste.

Terminus successfully assassinated another Commander of Ulm in The Two Woods, but is leaving my services now.

In Cimri my forces faced about 30 militias/slingers who were easily defeated.

My sieging forces in Pythium were attacked by 15 forces from Pythium who were easily beaten and adding 1 Emerald Lord and 6 fodder to my forces.

Tirannea was only defended by PDs and taken easily.

Spire Woods was defended by roughly 15 militias and 15 gladiators lead by 3 Centurions. They were beaten without my forces breaking a sweat.

My Spectre was found in The Two Woods and slain by roughly 100 troops from Ulm.

Provinces: 62
Treasury: 2.354
Income: 2.925
Upkeep: 1.499
RP: 503
Fortification: 8
Temple: 15
Converted Provinces: 27

Conjuration – 9
Alteration – 7 (researching)
Evocation – 6
Construction – 8
Enchantment – 7
Thaumaturgy – 6
Blood Magic – 7

Fire gems: 80 (+16)
Air: 24 (+9)
Water gems: 47 (+19)
Earth: 54 (+8)
Astral gems: 13 (+17/+16)
Death: 43 (+11)
Nature: 54 (+12)
Blood: 30

My Provinces:

The Golden Adept is 2F, 1A, 2S and will be set to research, another one will be recruited.

I got a 1W, 5S! mage who will move to Tiash and get the Starshine Skullcap – recruiting 1 more.

The Lore Master turned out to be 1F, 1S, 1D, 1B who will research – recruiting 1 more.

Acashic Records will be cast for 25 astral gems on Yldmyre.

Finally Atlanasha is cured of feeblemind and will continue summoning.

The Clam is given to a star child in C’tis, the Blood Thorn (+1B) is given to the 3B mage who will forge a Brazen Vessel (+1B) for 16 blood slaves. The Bag of Winds (+1A) is given to the 3(4)A mage who will cast Raven Feast (conj5, 4A, 5 air gems) on Cimri (24 corpses) in the hope of getting some much needed death gems.

Since I don’t seem to get a 3F Lore Master and have enough fire gems I will empower a 2F mage for 45 fire gems.

The 2 fodder armies from Storn Woods will move to Pythium and the priest will build a temple.

Glisas will move from Spire Woods to Ermithia.

The army from Garillion will move to Storn Woods.

The 2 mage armies from Cimri will move to Pythium.

The mage in Talito will continue to Glimmering Fields.

My priest in Giant’s Rest is starting to preach will the priest in Stron Woods will build a temple.

A Clam of Pearls will be forged for 8 water gems in addition to Boots of Quickness for 10 water gems.

A Robe of Shadows (Etheralness) will be forged (8 astral gems) for the Cyclops who will be Gift of Reasoned (20 nature gems) this turn.

To be continued...

CharonJr

Map: http://homes.highspeed3.de/CharonJr/R'lyehAART43.JPG
Old March 1st, 2004, 11:02 AM

Sergeant

Turn 44

Ulm declared war this turn.

6 blood slaves were captured in Gol Phalas, another 4 in Kolermegor.

Acashic Record cast on Yldmyre revealed 1 magic site – Thunder Oak (+1 air gem) and Raven Feast brought back 2 death gems being a bit disappointing, but 5 air gems for 2 death gems is a better ratio than alchemies 4:1.

Gift of Reason revealed the Cyclops to posses 4E, 10 RPs and leadership of 25.

There was a festival in Glimmering Field raising faith and an ill omen was seen in Temiglia.

Ulm attacked my forces in Giant’s Rest with about 100 troops (60 militias, 15 Infantry of Ulm, 15 heavy infantry, 8 crossbowmen, 2 heavy cavalery and 1 black knight lead by 3 Commanders of Ulm). They faced my 7 knights/royal guards, 2 Vine Ogres and 10 fodder troops in addition to 21 PDs, being lead by 2 Illithid Lords (PDs), 1 starspawn mage and a lowbie priest (2H). I forgot the reset myriders to hold and attack rearmost, they were still set to attack closest from the siege, this way they charged right into the enemy ranks and received a beating after being able to kill about 10 militias. They routed after 3 of the 7 were killed. In the meantime the PDs reached the militias and while losing some men were able to route the militias. The Infantry of Ulm engaged my forces next and broke the slaves trooper contingent of the PDs. But my mindless kept pressing on breaking the Infantry of Ulm soon. In the end Ulm lost its 3 commanders (enslaves mainly) and 48 troops while I lost 3 riders and 1 fodder while 4 crossbowmen and 1 black knight were integrated into my army.

My armies in Bolfagon were attacked by 10 troops from Ulm who were quickly beaten.

Glisas deafted the PDs in Ermithia easily.

Provinces: 63
Treasury: 2.924
Income: 3.036
Upkeep: 1.538
RP: 503
Fortification: 8
Temple: 16
Converted Provinces: 29

Conjuration – 9
Alteration – 7 (researching, will reach 8)
Evocation – 6
Construction – 8
Enchantment – 7
Thaumaturgy – 6
Blood Magic – 7

Fire gems: 80 (+16)
Air: 18 (+10)
Water gems: 58 (+19)
Earth: 62 (+8)
Astral gems: 21 (+18/+17)
Death: 56 (+11)
Nature: 33 (+12)
Blood: 36

There seem to have been an indie uprising in Man’s province of Glanis.

My Provinces:

The Golden Adept is 2F, 3S and will be set to research, another one will be recruited.

I got a 1W, 1E, 3S, 1B mage who will research – recruiting 1 more.

The Lore Master turned out to be 1F, 1A, 1E, 1N who will research – recruiting 1 more.

Acashic Records will be cast for 25 astral gems on Great Aran Waste.

The Clam is given to a star child in C’tis, the Robe of Shadows is given to the Cyclops in addition to the Boots of Earth bringing him to 5E (for Forge of the Ancients when I get the 80 needed earth gems).

My mage lead army from Giant’s Rest will move to Bolfagon to pick up some of the routed forces. While one mage lead army from Glimmering Fields will replace it in Giant’s Rest.

The army and priest form Stron Woods will move to Pythium to support the siege there.

Glisas from Ermithia and the 2 mage lead armies from Tirannea will attack the indie province of Glanis, hopefully being able to beat the 140 troops Man might send.

A Clam of Pearls will be forged for 8 water gems in addition to an Amulet of Antimagic for 4 astral gems, a Ruby Eye (+1F) for 16 fire gems, a Treelords Staff (+2N) for 32 nature gems, a Spirit Helmet (casts lightning) for 16 air gems and a Ring of the Warrior (adds to attack skill) for 4 Blood Slaves.

To be continued...

CharonJr

Map: http://homes.highspeed3.de/CharonJr/R'lyehAART44.JPG