World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old May 28th, 2007, 12:36 PM

Corporal

blitzkreig is on a distinguished road
Default Blitzkreig\'s OOB16 Correction Suggestions 1

DRG/Mobhanck, A few points for your consideration:

1. SS Mot Infantry (Formations 342 - 346)

The SS SMG gruppe options have 13 men. The horch truck transport option only has a carry capacity of 112. so they don't fit. Could the SMG gruppes be reduced by one man?

2. SS Pz Kp (Formation 008)

Current avialbility starts late 1942 (october I think). The Das Reich and Leibstandarte Divisons raised their Pz Abtls in the summer of 1942 and Wiking's Pz Abtl reached the eastern front in May 1942 after being raised in Germany in April.

Sources:

Weapons and Fighting Tactics of the Waffen SS by Dr S.Hart & Dr R. Hart (Spellmount,1999, ISBN 1-86227-060-0) p112 -115

The German Order of Battle: Waffen SS and other Units in WWII by G.F.Nafziger (Combined Publishing, 2001, ISBN 1-58097-058-3)p,42 & p 68

3. SS Pz Zug (Formation 015)

This start avaibility date should be brought in line with the SS Pz Kp (formation 008) currently the SS Pz Zugs are available years before the SS recieved Pzs.

This is a great game, keep up the good work!

"Boot 'em, don't spatter 'em!" - Heinz Guderian

Ian

Old May 28th, 2007, 05:43 PM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Blitzkreig\'s OOB16 Correction Suggestions 1

Interesting stuff, Ian.

I beleive all these oversights, can be fixed with the MOBHACK for the time being without impacting any set campaigns or senarios.

I would change the Horch's ability to carry more, not the squad's manpower. I've seen enough pictures of these and other transport loaded likely beyond what was envisioned. I've also seen it in person, during my time with the Army.

"By the book, what stinkin' book?! Load that thing up, drive it all night BLACKED OUT, I don't care if you've haven't slept for two days!" Sorry small flashback there.

Hope to see them in the next upgrade.

Eternal War(gaming) PanzerBob

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe
Old May 28th, 2007, 10:31 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

I tend to agree with you.

It's a game.
Normally increasing the carry capacity is what we do if it doesn't stretch things too far and changing the squad size causes other problems

The game has limitations.
One limitation is the entire squad has to fit into a transport unlike "reality" where it's a simple matter of putting 6 guys in one truck and 7 in another and away you go. In the game, you cannot split a squad so occasionally carry capacity gets a tweak to accommodate game play

However, you may have noticed that simply increasing carry capacity or other simple expedients to gameplay like this sets some members of the "reality at all costs" crowd hearts all aflutter and we get links to websites "proving" vehicle such-and-such could only carry 11 troops.

I'll put this on the list and look at it in the fall

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:12 AM

Corporal

blitzkreig is on a distinguished road

DRG,

Thanks for sparing the time to have a look. You and Pzbob are proberly right in what you say. It doesn't bother me either way to be honest it's just a small tweak for something that's not really that important but can be a little irrating when the guys don't fit in the trucks they have. 13 men seems a bit weird for a squad size though.

My answer to the "reality at all costs crowd" would be that the games an abstraction any way right? It hardly gives any one an outrageous advantage or anything.

Regards

"Boot 'em, don't spatter 'em!" - Heinz Guderian

Ian

Old May 29th, 2007, 03:45 PM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road

I say to the RAACC (mmm sounds like a rude noise) what is reality??? A truck that carrys 12 men, bull, I've seen 14 cramed on, A panzer with X armour, well I've seen tracks or sandbags on board, how does that reflect?? An Infantry squad is only so so rated for that country,but what about adjusting for a squad with vets or braver than most members, how do you figure for that?? You Can't!!!

So the RAACC should lighten up!!! We have an excellent WWII simulator here, one which we can change anything we like to see how it would work.

Eternal War(gaming) PanzerBob

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe