.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 18th, 2010, 12:12 AM

First Lieutenant

Aethyr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legendary Ordeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meglobob View Post
I staled even through I sent my 2h file in, notice 2 others staled as well, some sort of problem?
No, I just had a long day at work and did not get my turn in on time.
Old March 18th, 2010, 04:19 AM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethyr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meglobob View Post
I staled even through I sent my 2h file in, notice 2 others staled as well, some sort of problem?
No, I just had a long day at work and did not get my turn in on time.
Ok, thanks.

I definately sent my turn (recorded in my outbox), oh well one of those, 'things' I guess...

Good reminder for me to check llamaserver to make sure it registered in future.
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:09 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ordeal for turn 31+: Pet the Destroyer

ORDEAL FOR TURNS 31-??

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pantokrator

The Sing of the Slumbering Elders will finally pass and the madness in the hearts of men will pass. However, your Ordeals are far from over. My dear Pet has fallen to the strange madness spread by the eldritch constellation and is becoming more unstable day by day. As much as I love playing with him, he needs to be put down. To make it intresting, I'm going to let you contestants do it. If you want to be gods, you certainly can handle one lousy pet of mine?

I will still have control of the "Destroyer", as I like the adorable thing, for some time. Because it amuses me, I will let my faithful servants suggest of who would be most able to defeat the beast and move him to face that contestant. One would be wise to note though I will reward the slayer of destroyer with great treasure as I crown the beastslayer as my Divine Warrior.

The Pet of the Pantokrator, called "Destroyer"*, is currently placed in the Sea of Vastness (14). Here he is!

Ain't he just adorable? Who could slay such a precious little thing? If you don't have the heart to do the deed, you can use a boon to request the Pantokrator to allow you to move him. All orders to move him have to be simple, like "move him towards province X" or "Move him towards nation Y". It will calculate the fastest route to that province/nation (if several paths are both as "fast", he will choose one in random) and move towards that province one province per turn.

You can choose to use two boons to move him "two" provinces each turn. Sure, he can only move one, but it can be useful, since if two players move him in opposite directions by the same amount, he will ignore both orders in confusion. If the orders are to move him in different directions, he will vector the directions and go between them for the best of his ability (if he can't vector the directions, he will stay still).

He is constantly fed thanks to his Bane Venom Charm producing corpses for him, but Pantokrator has not yet received the warning message of him "getting out of control" so he will likely be controllable for few turns at least.

The Slayer of the Pet will receive the following items and get one boon to their total as they are crowned as the "Divine Warrior". If the beast is not slain by turn 41, Pantokrator will kill it himself and all players will lose one boon.

Before anyone calls BS on it's starting location (which is admittely disadvantegous for some nations), I randomized the starting location from the three provinces I conquered at the start of the game, so the event really could have (and still can) affect anyone.

Also from all this point onward, all provinces under the control of the Pantokrator can be attacked without special permission, with the exception of the central island. So if it is outside the island, it's free game.

*=You really thought that I could get through this thing without at least one Heavy Metal reference? At least this one is somewhat thematical. The thing has a theme song :P

Last edited by Burnsaber; March 24th, 2010 at 07:24 PM..
Old March 26th, 2010, 07:47 AM

Colonel

I got a rather sudden chance to go into a boardgaming event* this weekend, and I've decided to go test my mettle in this noble sport of minds.

I have done my turn for the turn 31 and I'll the extend the next turn from within this event to host on Monday evening. I hope you fellows don't mind. Take this small break as an opportunity to do some diplomacy or something.

(Twilight Imperium! Twilight Imperium!)
Old March 26th, 2010, 07:11 PM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

Pet the Destroyer is slain by the valient folk of Ma T'ien Ch'i before it could cause too much damage, the world is safe from this fearsome beast.

This was not the only large beast to beset the fair folk of Ma T'ien Ch'i, the bloodlust fuelled giants of Ma Ashdod fresh from there utter destruction of Hinnom have now decieded to add the lands of the east to there empire. Those giants with a W9 E9 and N6 blessing are nearly unstoppable on the battlefield and well Ma T'ien Ch'i will do our utmost to resist them, without help, we will surely fall. Then will anyone be able to stop this juggernaut?

I urge the remaining strong nations/gods to act against this serious threat to us all before its too late. Only a strong alliance of nations can stop the giants/god of Ma Ashdod now.
Old March 26th, 2010, 07:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

militarist is on a distinguished road

The nation of Ashdod is ready to confirm the sad massage of Ma T'ien Ch'i.
These giants eat so much that we had to get rid of them, to let them eat someone who at least is not of their nation. We have nothing against the nation of T'ien Chi, but those stupid giants just have to be somewhere. And keeping them in motherland was prohibited after the last fight with Hinnom. Ashdod now is the most peaceful nation with awful research and other scales and has no much of perspective in endgame. If someone wants to help us to deal with T'ien Ch'i, who shown first their aggression, having send huge army to our West land few turns ago, we will be glad to share the lands. Fortunately, Protectors of the Western continent eat horses as well as their owners, so now we fight only at the "wild wild east".
Old March 28th, 2010, 02:31 PM

Colonel

Default Re: Ordeal for turn 31+: Pet the Destroyer

Quote:

The Pet has been slain! Long live the beast slayer, the glorious Rolling Thunder of T'ien C'hi!

He now is my Divine Warrior and has been gifted with trappings worthy of such a task.

->

(Whoopsie. Propably should have made him a touch more difficult to defeat. Well, if I make this ordeal happen again in Ordeals II, I'll be sure to slap him some form of damage prevention. Anyways, well played by meglobob.)
Old March 28th, 2010, 08:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

kianduatha is on a distinguished road

Listen round for the story of glorious Katsumi, the best ninja to ever have lived. Katsumi was neither well trained nor well equipped, but his endless fervor for blood has almost singlehandedly destroyed Ulm. Killing over half a dozen Antlered Shaman, Katsumi was still not content.

One dark night last month, Katsumi crept alone into the Ulmish camp, singling out the largest tent--that of their dark Pretender, Red Sonja. After ambushing the enemy god, Katsumi weathered foul magic and a dozen phantasmal wolves before finally slaying his marked foe.

Truly will his name be remembered in song forever.
Old April 4th, 2010, 04:20 AM

Colonel

Default Ordeal for turn 36: The Three Maidens

Ordeal for turn 36

Quote:

The time has come for me to test your souls. I have called forth my three maidens of vengeance and see which of you suffer from the weight of sins. For the one who takes my place cannot be wicked, for he or she would place this beautiful realm of mine in ruins.

You pretenders can prove yourself righteous by turning your backs on the vile lure of the blood magic and sending me one hundred blood slaves to prove your intentions. If you kill one of my maidens in fair combat, you will also prove yourself innocent in my eyes and gain more worth.

If even one of the maidens is still spreading vengeance upon this realm after a year, all of you wicked sinners will lose worth in my eyes.
->

If The Pantokrator receives sacrifices totalling over 100 blood slaves, he will dispel the Kindly Ones. These sacrifices do not have to come in one turn and if several nations send sacrifices, they will be added together.

If the commander targeted by a Erinyes kills it in melee combat by him/herself the nation targeted will gain boon to their count (the commander proved himself innocent in combat, like in a judicial match). Kills by bodyguards or by spells do not count, only a melee attack by the targeted commander.

If the global is still active after a whole year, all players lose one boon and it is dispelled.
Old April 6th, 2010, 09:43 AM

Colonel

I'm currently planing on a update for the CPCS mod that is in use in this game. If someone has any feedback or a even a problem regarding a spell in the mod, now is your chance to say something and get it fixed.

You can use my sig to get into the mod thread. You can also PM me if you don't want to spread any details concerning the game.

If you need to ask something about modding, you can contact me here.

See this thread for the latest info concerning my mods.