.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old November 14th, 2006, 03:11 PM

Corporal

geo981010 is on a distinguished road
Default Phoenix Pyre - AI overriding casting?

Hmmm - I have a recurring problem with Phoenix Pyre. It seems like at least with SCs, the AI now will ignore scripted calls to cast Phoenix Pyre and then sometimes ends up losing the battle. Are there some rules to casting this I don't know about? In the most recent case, a Tartarian cast it in one battle and then the unchanged script for the next one didn't bother and lost. No afflictions or other changes to the character, was the first spell cast so no fatigue, etc etc, so I am at a loss on why the AI skipped the spell. Any thoughts or anybody else experiencing this?
Old November 15th, 2006, 02:05 AM

Corporal

geo981010 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Phoenix Pyre - AI overriding casting?

Just to prove I'm not crazy, here is zip file with two turns from the same game that show the problem. The one zip has both turns plus the hacked map (so I could recreate it quickly).

The Tartarian who first overrides the Phoenix Pyre (Berg file - Tartarian is in province 77) and then 2 turns later decides to cast it ( Glanis file - same Tartarian is in province 69 this time). Phoenix Pyre was first in his queue and was researched, so I don't understand why it would override in this case. The spell doesn't use gems, and is not duplicating an effect you can get anyway else.

I had a pretender do such an override and die to a lucky Soul Slay - should have just cost him some fatigue and maybe an affliction, but instead died.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 470702-savedgames.zip (220.1 KB, 68 views)