Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old October 5th, 2007, 03:31 PM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPMBT and WinSPWW2 and VISTA

Wow, seems interesting, though Iīll have to investigate how to do that because I donīt know much about computers, I mean I donīt have a clue what a os partition is.

Do you mean saving my current xp files and put them on a vista machine to see if they work?

Regards
Robert
Old October 6th, 2007, 07:59 PM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road

Now I know, I had to ask it around but now seems a good idea, though I decided to stick to xp for some time.

Regards
Robert
Old October 29th, 2007, 10:54 PM

Private

joche is on a distinguished road

So, is there no cure?
I'm a rabid fan of this series, but I also enjoy the mindnumbing forrays into FPS, so I dropped a bunch of money on a Quadcore with Nvidia 8800 GTS (dual SLI) and Vista Home premium- I've tried to get used to the super sluggishness of fullscreen, but I just can't handle it. After so many years of playing full screen only, I can't get used to windowed (too small) Are there any theories as to why its working so sluggish or any suggested fixes (I already tried playing with the in game settings and the config files)
Old October 31st, 2007, 03:08 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Aside from checking for driver upgrades for your video card and doing all the things you've already done we have no other suggestions at this time. You have "category two" issues ( sluggish ) which is somewhat better than "category three" ( scrambled colours )

However, in regards to your comment regarding windowed being "too small" do I assume correctly then that you are using the DL version ? If yes, the solution for your VISTA problems may be the CD version that has the higher resolutions which will give you a "full screen" window.

I never play full screen. I like to have the ability to play windowed which allows me access to other programs while playing the game.

The only other solution at this time is to hope Microsoft addresses some of these problems in it's service packs. As I said earlier, neither Andy or I have a "Vista" machine at this time but even if we ran out tomorrow and bought one there is no way to say for sure which of the three main results that have been reported will show up on the machines we have.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old October 31st, 2007, 11:37 PM

Private

joche is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the quick reply Don,
Yeah, I guess I'm going to have to ask for the cd for x-mas from the wife (after the new PC I really can't ask for anything big this year-heh)
Old November 1st, 2007, 10:10 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I have been told ( but have not seen this myself yet ) there are settings in Vista ( maybe as program properties?? ) that allow users to set it up as "Windows XP mode" and also to set it up "Single core processor" if you have a dual-core processor.

??

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old January 16th, 2008, 03:46 PM

Private

Panzerpionier is on a distinguished road

Possible solution for the messed up gfx in full mode:

I was able to solve that problem on my new pc (intel quadcore/vista home/8800 GTS) by enabling WinSPMBT in compatibility mode for Windows XP plus checking the box that says: "run this program in 256 color mode" (i dont know the exact command as iam using a german version of vista)

You can enable the compatibility mode by right clicking the WinSPMBT.exe file in the game folder and select "properties".

There you can set comp.-mode as well as the 256 colour command by 2 simple clicks.

This has solved the issue of messed up graphics in full mode for me, however, it still laggs terribly (in full mode).

I hope this has helped you in narrowing down the problem the game is currently experiencing with Vista.
Old January 18th, 2008, 03:25 AM

Private

Horses is on a distinguished road

Hi Panzerpionier,

I have the same Videocard but I still stick to Windows XP until now. Does the game work in windowed mode without any problems (lags etc.) with your configuration ?

Thanks.
Old January 18th, 2008, 04:14 PM

Private

Panzerpionier is on a distinguished road

Hollo Horses,

In windowed mode (the free DL version+ patch 3.5)the game runs without any delays or other problems.
i have updated my Nvidia drivers to the newest drivers.
Hope this helps

PS:
The hotfix that solved the gfx messup (for me) i posted above will only work if you start the game through the real game.exe not the default game/options launcher.
Old January 18th, 2008, 05:45 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Here's a post from another thread that may be of interest to anyone with the full screen problem with Vista

Don

Quote:

Re: Screen Resolution Issue [Re: DRG]
#575412 - 01/12/08 04:23 PM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

OK, I think I found how to fix this problem in VISTA. Using VISTA "Display Setting," 'change the "Colors" drop down from "high (32 bit)" to "Medium (16 bit)." I have not had a problem since.

When completing the game and you really need the 'high,' go back and change, accordingly.

Hope this helps.
Totenkopf