.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 10th, 2011, 06:55 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Troubling Times: Large EA CBM Game (14/24 nations remaining)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rytek View Post
Sigh, Bye Bye S5 Tart. Cry.
Hah! Seriously? Allways happens at the worst possible time, doesn't it?
Old January 10th, 2011, 08:17 PM

Sergeant

PriestyMan is on a distinguished road

There really isnt much point in conitinuing then in my opinion. The game may as well be over if marv gets an easy conquest. the chances of finding a sub, and especially one of zeldor's caliber are very low. even if a vet could be found, no sub can do as well as the orgional. if amhaizer won't roll the turn back, we may as well end it. congrats on winning such an easy war. maybe it will teach zeldor to do turns on time.

not sure its a fair win though
Old January 10th, 2011, 10:10 PM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road

PriestyMan is right that stale is partly my fault - if I had time to do it earlier, I wouldn't risk some llamaserver problems or other stuff.

I have full right to decide about my nation though. I don't see a point in continuing my struggle just to make someones victory a bit more legitimate. Or to play kingmaker, when no one was really interested in my support. And I certainly don't see how game admin would suddenly gain right to give my nation to someone else and introduce rollbacks to do so.

I think that Amhazair had it won for a while - because of combination of luck, skill, sheer determination to win + incompetence of many opponents.

LA Agartha guide
Old January 11th, 2011, 06:13 AM

First Lieutenant

Aethyr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldor View Post
I have full right to decide about my nation though. I don't see a point in continuing my struggle just to make someones victory a bit more legitimate. Or to play kingmaker, when no one was really interested in my support. And I certainly don't see how game admin would suddenly gain right to give my nation to someone else and introduce rollbacks to do so.
Zeldor, you have the right to decide if you continue or not, but you do not have the *right* to turn yourself AI w/o any attempt to find a sub (or opportunity for the admin to do so).

@PriestyMan: Could you clarify please, are you saying that you think Marverni has won even if we rollback & find a sub?

@Amhazair: It does seem you have things well in hand, but under the circumstances perhaps you'd care to share your VP total with us?
Old January 11th, 2011, 09:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

Verjigorm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethyr View Post
@Amhazair: It does seem you have things well in hand, but under the circumstances perhaps you'd care to share your VP total with us?
I would agree that it would be quite constructive to share not just one but all VP totals to get a sense of where the game is at.
Old January 11th, 2011, 11:05 AM

Sergeant

Numahr is on a distinguished road

Well strictly speaking nothing in the game rules specifies that players will have to display their VPs. So I guess that doing so or asking anyone to do so falls into the category of diplomacy: you are free to do it or not.
Old January 11th, 2011, 01:19 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestyMan View Post
There really isnt much point in conitinuing then in my opinion.
If this is the general sentiment, then far be it from me to drag the game on by the scruff of the neck far past it's expiration date, so I'll ask again, as I did the previous time Zeldor was planning to walk away: Are there more players who just don't think the game is fun anymore? From the posts after this I have the impression several players are cautiously of the opinion the game could still be fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethyr
@PriestyMan: Could you clarify please, are you saying that you think Marverni has won even if we rollback & find a sub?

Sure. From memory I currently hold 17VP. I'll fire up the game later to make sure. (Edit: Indeed, 17VP atm.)

I'm obviously in a solid position now, but I don't think it's anything a good dogpile won't fix. (The artifacts game has left me in absolute awe of the power of dogpiles. Those who have heard of it will know what I mean.) If several nations contribute competently there's just way to many provinces that can be taken in one turn, and I don't have hordes of clams hiding behind my walls obviously. One of Zeldor's frustrations though was (I believe) that he didn't see that dogpile developping so far, so I don't know if anything like it is about to materialize.

And quite apart from any chance of victory, I do believe there's a few newer or "intermediate" players who are now for the first time sitting on a largish end-game nation. Testing out some things and learning what works could be a great experience for them even if they never get close to victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethyr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldor View Post
Zeldor, you have the right to decide if you continue or not, but you do not have the *right* to turn yourself AI w/o any attempt to find a sub (or opportunity for the admin to do so).
Well, I was about to reply this, but seems Aethyr pre-empted me.

I'm also pleased to anounce that Executor is prepared to take over if I don't find anyone else, although he is quite busy and would prefer it if I could find someone else. Search is thus ongoing for now.

Last edited by Amhazair; January 11th, 2011 at 01:31 PM..
Old January 11th, 2011, 01:53 PM

Sergeant

Numahr is on a distinguished road

Caelum is willing to continue the Ascension Wars to their bitter ends.
Old January 11th, 2011, 03:45 PM

Sergeant

PriestyMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And quite apart from any chance of victory, I do believe there's a few newer or "intermediate" players who are now for the first time sitting on a largish end-game nation. Testing out some things and learning what works could be a great experience for them even if they never get close to victory.
this seems rather pointed. I've been playing for a couple years now, and i've been in large endgames enough times to understand the work they involve. including lategame with clams. anyways. lol

Quote:
I'm also pleased to anounce that Executor is prepared to take over if I don't find anyone else, although he is quite busy and would prefer it if I could find someone else. Search is thus ongoing for now.
executor might make it a real fight again, but(and i know everyone will hate this) i think we ought to roll back twice so that marverni doesnt get two free turns or rocking formoria. from what i heard from Zeldor, it sounds like those free hits are pretty massive and crushing. Executor hasn't seen the turn after anyways, so marverni is free to not change their plans, and exec would be responding in a logical way without previous knowledge.
Old January 11th, 2011, 03:52 PM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, just sort of stumbled into this thread (actually from a post in the other forum ).
If possible I'd like to further encourage you to get the game to conclusion and not turn a powerful nation to AI, thus breaking the game, thus most players (but winner) have played so much and got so far for nothing. At least do a decent effort to fight Amhazair, it may be actually fun to fight such an uphill war. It's the sort of stuff bards sing about for years to come

I'm just a visitor here, I hope I got the facts at least halfway right and am right at least half the time

GL all.