Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old December 11th, 2006, 02:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

parabolize is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are you tough enough to be the \"King of the Hi

Yeah it would take 77 for me.
Hopefully I can setup a nice database with lots of options sometime when I know how. For now I think I may do the last 10 games idea. It doesn't take into account who was in those 10 games though. Having Slynky beat the crap out of me repeatedly is no showing of his skills (not to say he isn't skilled).

Actually I really want to get the database going so I can organize the games a bit better. That games list has become huge.

BTW Alneyan: Do you even want to use my page for se4 koth or should I just be setting this up for se5 koth?
Old December 14th, 2006, 10:24 PM

General

Slynky is on a distinguished road

The game between myself and MWBard is over with me prevailing. Once again, the game placed me side-by-side with my opponent. Those games tend to TEST the skill of players but too often, someone gets the "jump" on the other person and it's hard to recover.

At 27 colonies to about 8, he decided it was hopeless.

MWBard is good at playing turns on time and many days, multiple turns. A pleasure to have a game like that.
Old December 16th, 2006, 07:37 AM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road

KOTH has been updated. I wasn't too keen on doing that update since it was only about adding Slynky's latest wins. I know he'll complain if he ends up toping the "last ten games" list.

On a related matter Slynky, could I interest you into a wee little full-tech game? I can't promise to play more than two turns a day, but I should be able to sustain that rate of play. Perhaps I will achieve a win without putting all my marbles on a bluff, this time.

Parabolize, I'll be interested in a sturdier SEIV KOTH website, but I won't work on that one myself. I handle the HTML pages in a semi-automatic way, as I didn't get the urge to add the remaining pieces I'm lacking (namely sorting all those tables).

So, if you can get a database-driven KOTH, and can convert SEIV to that format easily, feel free to do so. That might even ensure timely updates of the KOTH website.
Old December 17th, 2006, 10:51 PM

General

Quote:
Alneyan said:
KOTH has been updated. I wasn't too keen on doing that update since it was only about adding Slynky's latest wins. I know he'll complain if he ends up toping the "last ten games" list.

On a related matter Slynky, could I interest you into a wee little full-tech game? I can't promise to play more than two turns a day, but I should be able to sustain that rate of play. Perhaps I will achieve a win without putting all my marbles on a bluff, this time.

Parabolize, I'll be interested in a sturdier SEIV KOTH website, but I won't work on that one myself. I handle the HTML pages in a semi-automatic way, as I didn't get the urge to add the remaining pieces I'm lacking (namely sorting all those tables).

So, if you can get a database-driven KOTH, and can convert SEIV to that format easily, feel free to do so. That might even ensure timely updates of the KOTH website.
Well, thanks for the update.

As to a game, with you, as always, a big treat. You're one of top 5 and always dangerous and fun.

So...

I owe MWBard a game he asked for (for some experience).

So...

I have two game I'm interested in. One with you and one with MWBard.

For our game, Alneyan, 8 settings suggestions (for our full-tech game)...I go first:

No Intel

Next, your choice of a setting.

For MWBard:

We agreed to play your game choices, so let me know.

FGor both of you....

I'd rather get the games set up and start playing after Christmas.

Let me know.
Old December 18th, 2006, 04:22 PM

Corporal

Glyn is on a distinguished road

Why not start a multi-player (more than 2) game open to anyone ever played a game in KOTH?
Old December 18th, 2006, 05:18 PM

General

I'm not interested in a multiplayer game myself, mostly because of the diplomacy (i can see some ganging-up already) and the dull settings/mods. It could be nice, but not my sort of fun these days.

Let's get back to the Georgian whippersnapper (taunt *is* the key to victory). I like the sound of picking settings that way. Seems like a game inside the game proper... I guess I can see the reasoning behind "No Intel".

I'll suggest a mod as part of the settings, since you like them so much. What about the Proportions mod? I heard you quite liked that one. *Ducks*

More on topic, given your lack of fondness for mods, I'll ask for "No APB"... might make weapon choice a bit harder, now that the usual suspect is out. Your turn.
Old December 18th, 2006, 05:56 PM

General

Quote:
Glyn said:
Why not start a multi-player (more than 2) game open to anyone ever played a game in KOTH?
That might be an interesting concept. I'm in a multi now (getting my *** sliced and served to me). And Alneyan is right about diplomacy and ganging up. Now, GEO loves diplomacy and is good at it. Meanwhile, it's not quite my cup of tea.

But the idea might generate some interest. For my own part, I'm promised MWBard a game so he can try a few things out and then there's this one proposed by the guy working for the CIA in France I must respond to. I try to keep my number of games low.
Old December 18th, 2006, 05:59 PM

General

Fulltech:

No intel
No APB

2 down, 6 to go:

I'll see your "no APB" and raise you a "no ship size above 600 Kt"
Old December 18th, 2006, 06:06 PM

General

What? How do you expect *me* to play a game with no Light Carriers? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

No weapons whatsoever are allowed. Erh... I'll be dull instead, and just ask for no racial points (or ethnic points, if you are so inclined).

Looks like you're getting nervous. I'll suggest you stop bluffing now. Trust me, you want to play it safe. Don't try to flabbergast me with your barmy settings.
Old December 18th, 2006, 06:15 PM

General

Quote:
Alneyan said:
Looks like you're getting nervous. I'll suggest you stop bluffing now. Trust me, you want to play it safe. Don't try to flabbergast me with your barmy settings.
I'm not bluffing...I'm just making sure it's a strange game And it will get stranger.

Fulltech:

No intel
No APB
No ship/base size above 600 Kt
No racial points

4 down, to go:

No fleet of ships can exceed 10 ships (explain later if questions)