Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old August 13th, 2006, 08:12 PM

Corporal

KevinRanger95 is on a distinguished road
Default reinforcement

I have been playing alot of PBEM and alot of single battles, and I have noticed that I will sweep the map of all the enemy get to the other side to find that the battle wont end even if I have all the objectives, but only end when reinforcements arrive at no certain location on their side of the map and are dealt with.
I went through the game guide and I might even missed it but how do I get reinforcements? Sorry if this has been talked about I did look for it!

Richard Winters 506th Easy Company
Old August 13th, 2006, 08:46 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: reinforcement

You don't. That's only for the AI and that's only to make it more challenging for the human player

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old August 14th, 2006, 07:29 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: reinforcement

The AI reinforcements are a way to make it hold some troops back for later in the game, in generated battles.

(In a scenario, things are diferent).

The reinforcement troops are counted as part of the on-map force total for ending the game. This does mean that you can swep the board in the first half of the game, and have to wait for the AI reinforcements (if any) to show up, before it makes a final "throw in the towel" decision. Sometimes - if it has squirreled away a fair sized reinforcement - it can decide that things are better now they have arrived (esp if they come in and threaten some V-hexes, say if it is defending and a cluster is near enough to the arrivals), and at other times - esp if there is a long way to the enemy hexes, it decides it is towel in the ring time even though the fresh troops have arrived. (too few and/or the v hexes are too far away).

Of course, it may have squirreled away no reinforcements, in which case your sweep will get the early victory right off.

BTW - off map paratroopers are also counted as part of this on-map count, so in a scenario where there is a late para drop scheduled, then the above calculations apply too, and it will not start making "give up/fight on" decisions till the drop has ocurred.

Cheers
Andy