This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old August 29th, 2006, 04:52 PM

Private

Noah_Vaile is on a distinguished road
Default Confused as to version, question on preferences??

I am playing SPWW2 v7.01. I do not know if this is the most recent version, a defunct version, or what. I am playing on an old DELL Inspiron 8000 dedicated to Steel Panthers/similar games, and not connected to the internet. I have to download to a mac, burn a disc, transfer the disc to the DELL, then download.

The 7.01, I thought, was the most recent version but now I see there is a 1.0 & 1.01, patches, etc. and the 7.01 isn't mentioned. Do i need to download a copy of the 1.00/1.01 and replace my 7.01?

I am also having a problem with Preferences. I set air sorties at 20 for me, 0 for the AI (don't, or do, ask) and these revert, regularly, to XXXX, often surprising me with unwanted enemy air attacks. Why does it revert to default? Can I prevent it from reverting? I have to devote a number of maneuver units to air defense and I consider it a waste of my time to have to maneuver them along with my regular units.
Old August 29th, 2006, 05:17 PM

Captain

narwan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Confused as to version, question on preferences??

You're playing the old DOS based version of the game (v7.01 is the last of the OLD version of the game).
WinSPWW2 1.1b is the latest version of the new WINDOWS based game. The old DOS game was updated to Windows and meanwhile improved on many levels. So you're indeed 'behind' on Steel Panthers.

Go to the download section of the Shrapnel site and get the free download version of the game (and the patches).

As to your air question, I assume that's SPWW2v7.01, it's been a long time since I played that so I have no idea... sorry.

Narwan