.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:27 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NaV II Under Construction. Now Recruiting Captains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimius Severus View Post
The problem is Maerlande, many experienced players may be too stilted. Too convinced that this way or that way is the ONLY way to play. Team games do require a bit more effort and a different way of thinking, and it may be that many just prefer playing the same old way they've been playing and won't consider alternative ideas and concepts that go beyond maybe changing a few game settings, or using random nation assignments. If that is the best we can come up with, with no real variety, tis a sad state of affairs. And many may just hold grudges outside of the game, and that is just wrong thinking and childish in my opinion.
Scruntlefut was a team game with a variety of settings beyond the norm. It has a sequel coming up. Veterans are happy to play in it. This is just one example of the many unusual or team based games veteran players are happy to take part in.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 12:07 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NaV II Under Construction. Now Recruiting Captains!

Oh, I am not running down vets or anything. And there is some variety and some games that buck the apparent norm here.

Sometimes, you can't let past experiences color your thinking or harden your feelings. If Maerlande or any vet likes the concept of this game, then by all means, don't let my being the admin deter you from taking part. I won't be playing unless I have to fill a slot anyway.

As Chris pointed out, people who admin games, create mods, run servers for us, etc, do so because they want to. They give of their time freely to the community. Yet people are often quick to judge them or to attack or just don't appreciate the effort. They are not robots, are not perfect, but do the best they can.

I believe with Ashdod, the Children of Crom will have a better chance. They do have a lot going for them.

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).

Last edited by Septimius Severus; April 3rd, 2010 at 12:34 AM..
Old April 3rd, 2010, 10:44 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Default Re: NaV II Under Construction. Now Recruiting Noobs!

I've opened up the general recruiting. Noobs and intermediates can now join on the team of your choice. I have added Ashdod to the Children of Crom and Abysia back to the Sanguinarium. I've also updated the NaV II Teams and Themes.pdf located on the main post.

For those celebrating the holiday, have a good Easter.

-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).
Old April 4th, 2010, 12:39 PM

Private

Penguin Zero is on a distinguished road

As a rank noob, I'm interested in signing up. Do we pick a specific nation, or just the team? In the former case, I'd like to request Arcoscephale; in the latter, the Usurpers in general.
Old April 4th, 2010, 02:07 PM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road

so much has been said about your games sept, both good and bad alike. might as well give it a shot myself, as an intermediate newbie

wanna give MA Abysia a shot in multiplayer, and this environment seems to be more forgiving than the average MP game around...
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:36 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Penguin, at this stage you specify what team you'd like to join on. Once we get ready to begin, who plays which nation can be sorted out among you and your team members and/or by captains.

Penguin, I've got you down in a Noob slot for the Usurpers.

BlackGuard, welcome, good to see you to joining and wishing to decide for yourself. While team nations are not being assigned yet, your mention of Abysia, indicates to me you prefer the Sanguinarium. If this is not correct just let me know.

Cammorak, I'm guessing you want a noob slot on Children of Crom.

Main post roster has been updated.

The merc position is also available, while probably best suited for an intermediate level player or so, anyone who wants to have have fun trying out the concept (including any noobs) are welcome to choose it. It stands to be a quite interesting position.

Last edited by Septimius Severus; April 5th, 2010 at 01:44 AM..
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:02 AM

Private

Cammorak is on a distinguished road

You're correct. One for Children of Crom. Always liked Howard anyway.
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:35 AM

Sergeant

NooBliss is on a distinguished road

I'd like to sign up as a noob, assign me to some team please. No preferences yet.

Oh, and if we get to choose race, Shinuyama please. For the sheer joy of big samurai gobos.
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:43 AM

Private

zegc-ben is on a distinguished road

I am a MP noob (my first game is running) but I have a solid SP experience. I would like to give a try to the atlantean mercs (it will be a great place to see a full game without much risk of getting eliminated). May I propose that the mercs should be able to ask for gems for their services since if this is not the case they may end with a huge amont of gold but not enough gems to do anything appart from other players rituals and items.
Old April 5th, 2010, 02:07 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Noobliss, I am putting you on the Supplicants of Set due to your mention of Shinuyama. You'll likely be able to switch before beginning if you decide you prefer another team.

Zegc-ben, if you'd like the Atlantian mercs, I'm sure you'll have fun with it. Sorta lets you be your own captain and do what you like, experiment, and just have fun, without having to worry about winning the game in the end. And you also learn more about water magic.

You'll generally have a very good supply of water gems (the merc cap actually sits on one of the five magic locations), so you shouldn't be hard pressed for water gems, but if you find you want to ask for gems in other paths for forging and so forth, once you branch out a bit, that is fine. I specified gold for the main services really (like contracted attacks) so it would not bias against one team or another. Gold is something every team should have in relatively equal proportions. Main roster updated.

Last edited by Septimius Severus; April 5th, 2010 at 02:25 PM..