This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old February 28th, 2007, 07:53 PM

Sergeant

GuyOfDoom is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Cyber Nation

Your soldiers were triumphant and decisively defeated your enemy in this battle. Your soldiers owe their lives to your hard work as their leader. In your victory your forces captured 0.266 miles of land from Unmnate Alliance. They also destroyed 0.829 infrastructure within Unmnate Alliance. There was no technology stolen in this battle. The value of your equipment abandoned in the battle was $0.00. Your forces looted $132.59 from the nation of Unmnate Alliance.
Old February 28th, 2007, 10:48 PM

Corporal

Beck is on a distinguished road

In the spirit of helping my fellow alliance members, I'd like to offer making some March donations (since my new player status and peace, I cannot aid directly). In return, I'd like to receive either $300,000 CN or $200,000 CN plus 10 tech levels your choice. This funds itself since you receive $400,000 CN + 200 to infrastructure + 200 to land + 20 tech levels. The street price for this is currently running between 2-3 million CN, but what's a discount when it's for fellow alliance members and helps strengthen the alliance. Since there are 3 aid slots, I can do three of these.
Old February 28th, 2007, 11:18 PM

General

Baron Munchausen is on a distinguished road

Please explain. Are you saying you will make the paypal contribution in someone else's name if they will share some of the benefits with you?

What's the name of your nation?
Old March 1st, 2007, 02:08 AM

Corporal

Yes, that what it means. The rules of the game allow for you to make paypal (or send a check) contributions in the name of other players. Any arrangements made for doing so are between the players. On the forum there is a stickied thread for the purpose of posting such requests and items for sale. The two most requested/offered items seem to be: 1. Requests for or offers to make donations and 2. Requests for or offers to sell tech levels. Tech levels seem to run 1-1.5 for 50 tech levels. Requests for donations seem to run for 2-3 million CN (3 million being highest that can be done in a single aid transaction kinda sets the ceiling price) or some combination of money and tech levels. A lot depends on how badly one needs the influx. I think end/beginning of the months can possibly inflate prices as you can donate on the last day of the month and then again on the first day of the month (once per calendar month). The standard donation request is usually for the $20 donation as that gives the biggest bang for the buck (it would take two $15 donations to equal the same you get for the $20). It gives you a huge jump as you can see if you look at my nation: DuchyofGrandFenwick, ruler: Count Rupert. It bumped me up into 1550 strength range and last I checked it made me number two in the alliance. The infrastructure you get alone (the price of infrastructure will start climbing for you guys once you reach level 20) is worth more than the exchange I'm asking (at my level infrastructure is over $4,000 CN a point). The tech levels at you level if purchased in lots of ten is probably worth $250,000 CN. I have no sense of the what the additional land is worth. My first tax collection was something on the order of $231. My second somewhere around $46,000. Like I said I would like to help the alliance and in my current situation as regards to peace and being 1 day old, this is the quickest way I can.
Old March 1st, 2007, 02:27 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

My God this game is diabolical! Think about it, people are actually willing to send them $20.00 a pop every month just to get bonuses! Jesus, if PBW had a game like this they could rake in a ton of cash.

You create a highly addictive game, then give the players an option to donate for excellent rewards. The game grows in popularity and presto your a rich SOB!

Image now if shrapnel games could port one of their war games into a web based game such as this and followed the same business model that these guys have. Shrapnel could make a lot of $$.

Shrapnel should consider proposing this to one of their game developers.
Old March 1st, 2007, 02:36 AM

Corporal

I would agree. Maybe something with a little more strategy involved would be nice. I'm only looking at the whole thing as entertainment. I could spend it going to a movie, etc. or spend it doing this. I chose this. I don't see this having legs for me since its a little simplistic.
Old March 1st, 2007, 02:39 AM

General

Baron Munchausen is on a distinguished road

You say you want a browser-based strategy game?

You're already on a 'try new games' kick... so try this:

http://www.ferion.com/portal/spacestrategygame.php
Old March 1st, 2007, 04:18 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Will is on a distinguished road

You know, I just got an idea on how to take advantage of the CN system to really boost the growth of active members of the alliance. It will take some timing coordination, but I think it can work very nicely. It works like so:

1) One of the 'larger' (for this alliance, at least) nations sends a cash aid package to one of the smaller active members
2) The smaller nation goes into Peace mode, and uses the aid sent to just pay off bills for 10 days, buys nothing, collects no taxes
3) Once the 10 days is up, the smaller nation now has four aid slots open
4) At this point, the scheme can vary a little. Let's say that three of the larger nations all send a large cash (and include soldiers+tech too, need to work on numbers for this) aid packages to the small nation.
5) The small, and now very rich, nation begins buying infrastructure in blocks of 10, until the cash is all used up (occaisionally buy land as needed). Hold off on buying soldiers until close to the end or send soldiers with the aid
6) The small nation is now not-so-small, and also not-so-rich anymore... but it also has not collected taxes in 10 days! Leave peace mode, make sure you have all the happiness modifiers you can get, crank the tax rate up to 28%, and collect... the not-so-small nation gets tax income x10 and is rich again!
7) Use the resulting funds to ensure adequate defenses, and the boosted nation now becomes the large nation in step 1. To get the most out of it, and be able to pass along more cash, this probably means going to DEFCON 1 and buying a boatload of troops and tanks (and maybe fighters if you get boosted that high).

I'm probably not the first to think of this. Most of the big alliances are probably doing the same thing... but, anyone want to give it a shot?
Old March 1st, 2007, 05:40 AM

Major General

Strategia_In_Ultima is on a distinguished road

Neo-Athenia has joined, and received a trade proposal from a nation called "Fascistland" from Maroon team within an hour. Should I accept or not? He's offering me Wine and Oil, I have Cattle and Pigs. What ever should I do?

edit: Well, he's withdrawn the offer..... and I have a message from someone running for the Aqua Team Senate.

Dang. This is getting more real than is comfortable O_o
Old March 1st, 2007, 09:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

aegisx is on a distinguished road

I just looked at the alliance rankings, a bunch of people jumped up pretty far. Did you guys get aid or make a donation?