.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 12th, 2007, 10:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

Shmonk is on a distinguished road
Default Machaka

No waiting on messengers, just strategizing. The turn has hosted (and should be an exciting turn).

Fortu, god of Machaka
Old March 13th, 2007, 02:29 PM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Machaka

server is down.
Old March 13th, 2007, 02:40 PM

First Lieutenant

K is on a distinguished road

I think the server just crashed (may again, after reading Wraithlord's post above). I was in the middle of my turn.

Here's hoping my fiendish plans were implemented!
Old March 13th, 2007, 02:49 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

K, when I've been in that situation in the past all my orders were stored on my local machine, and when the server came back up I reconnected expecting to have to redo everything but it uploaded what I had already done fine.
Old March 13th, 2007, 03:22 PM

First Lieutenant

Here's hoping. I looked at my turn last night (to watch my wicked epic battle), but didn't "End Turn" it as I knew I'd want to sleep on some strategy decisions.

When I checked the turn this morning on the site it said my turn was done (eeek!), so I was putting in actual orders when it crashed. Hopefully, it won't run without my orders.
Old March 13th, 2007, 03:51 PM

Corporal

Blofeld is on a distinguished road

Currently, if you want to do a turn in part without uploading it to the server, the only method is to connect, load a turn, quit game without saving, then open it locally - through 'play an existing game'. As long as you play locally, you can give orders and save & quit without uploading it to the server. Once you are finally done, end turn/save and quit, go network -> connect to server and your turn gets uploaded.
Old March 13th, 2007, 05:31 PM

Colonel

Velusion is on a distinguished road

Server needed to be restarted. It should be up.
Old March 13th, 2007, 08:29 PM

Major

Hadrian_II is on a distinguished road

Quote:
K said:
I looked at my turn last night (to watch my wicked epic battle),
wicked epic battle? could you make some battle report in the forum? its always nice to see how other people are fighting each other
Old March 13th, 2007, 09:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

Shmonk is on a distinguished road

Hmmm... where to begin. Well we could begin with the proclamation Mictlan made (to all in this era of false gods, I would assume), that went something like - "The Lawgiver has declared that the men of Machaka are not human, having tainted their blood with the ichor of vermin. We have declared holy war blah blah blah" and so on. Yet was the Lawgiver present, or did he send his followers to the slaughter? Of course he wasn't present, he was too busy sleeping. Fortu, Prince of Volcanoes, god of Might, God of THIS World, King of Courage, was prepared (having awakened from his dark sleep long ago), and was already building his empire.

The proclamation was followed by an attack of great numbers, and resistance was immediately encountered, outside the castle walls on open ground. Fire was the theme, on both sides. First Machaka ignited their arrows, hoping to cause major damage to the enemy, then Mictlan does the same. Machaka was not worried, not at this point. But then fire was falling from the sky, appearing over his troops in sporadic fashion, burning spiders and warriors alike. And then it happened again. And again! How much fire could Mictlan throw? A lot, it seems. Machaka was launching bolts of magma at the enemy, and even giant flares were seen hitting the Mictlan troops, all while flaming arrows continued to hit the enemy force. But Machaka's fire was no where near the intensity of Mictlan's. Wolves were called from the forest edges to attack the enemy, hoping to distract and confuse, and even lightning was thrown into the troops, fired from a great bow wielded by a firbolg. But numbers appeared to be the answer to this battle - 600+ troops against 400+ troops. In the end Machaka did not have the numbers, and retreated into the country side (leaving the defenders in the castle to watch for sappers and prepare for a siege).

But Fortu is not worried, he has faith in his followers. Besides, the war has just begun. And he is pissed.

=====

Ok, that was my quick attempt at a battle replay. Kinda hard to do when you're more of a reader and less of a writer.

- Shmonk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 503819-mach_mict.JPG (508.0 KB, 105 views)
Old March 14th, 2007, 02:16 AM

First Lieutenant

Considering that Fortu is hiding in province 203, I wouldn't be so bold.