.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 28th, 2012, 11:13 PM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Running

Currently rattling the donation tin with various people I know and trust, to see who'd like to temporarily sub for R'yleh.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 03:17 AM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Running

I need a 24h extension
Old September 5th, 2012, 09:55 AM

Major

With Ermor and R'lyeh staling twice in a row, pretty much giving up the initiative of turning the tide against me, and with me, Yomi, Lanka and Pangea still fighting Agartha. I don't see any chance of Agartha surviving in the long run, despite momfreeks excellent playing. And I don't see anyone else posing a threat to me either when I get stronger with every turn due to my considerable resource advantage.

I could easily afford 5 times my current losses and still have a steadily growing power curve.

We could play it out, but for me it isn't really satisfying to put so much effort, my turns take over an hour to play and micro, into such a predictable result. So I'd like to either claim victory by concession or find another sub.

I will keep playing if you insist.
Old September 5th, 2012, 02:03 PM

Corporal

megawidget is an unknown quantity at this point

I returned from my trip to Mexico to find that the sub for me wasn't found, and that yes, both me and Ermor staled. ): And that for some bloody reason a crusade against you hasn't been declared yet (?).

I agree that playing at this point is rather pointless, and am willing to concede defeat. I suck at subbing anyway. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
With Ermor and R'lyeh staling twice in a row, pretty much giving up the initiative of turning the tide against me, and with me, Yomi, Lanka and Pangea still fighting Agartha. I don't see any chance of Agartha surviving in the long run, despite momfreeks excellent playing. And I don't see anyone else posing a threat to me either when I get stronger with every turn due to my considerable resource advantage.

I could easily afford 5 times my current losses and still have a steadily growing power curve.

We could play it out, but for me it isn't really satisfying to put so much effort, my turns take over an hour to play and micro, into such a predictable result. So I'd like to either claim victory by concession or find another sub.

I will keep playing if you insist.
Old September 5th, 2012, 06:14 PM

Corporal

momfreeek is on a distinguished road

I think I'm cooked enough. I'll defend the glorious wastelands of Agartha till the last but there's nothing to play for. Every turn brings new foes that I have no idea how to deal with ^^.
Old September 6th, 2012, 03:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

Tiavals is on a distinguished road

Sub for Pangaea here:

Agartha had pretty darn bad luck in my battle against him. A lucky charm got his artifact-equipped Grendelkin on my side.

I don't know much about the global situation or the power structures, so I have no idea if I'd have a chance in the big picture.
Old September 6th, 2012, 04:50 AM

First Lieutenant

Anaconda is on a distinguished road

Peaceful Lanka aint in war with no-one.

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta
Old September 6th, 2012, 08:14 AM

Corporal

momfreeek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiavals View Post
Sub for Pangaea here:

Agartha had pretty darn bad luck in my battle against him. A lucky charm got his artifact-equipped Grendelkin on my side.

I don't know much about the global situation or the power structures, so I have no idea if I'd have a chance in the big picture.
I didn't have much hope for winning this. The army of earth elementals I prepared to roll over the massed ranks of chaff got caught out of position and was slowly eaten by a couple of zmeys last turn. That was painful to watch >.<
Old September 9th, 2012, 08:06 AM

First Lieutenant

Anaconda is on a distinguished road

So are fighting on, or declaring the winner?

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta
Old September 9th, 2012, 05:20 PM

Major

Yeah, please cast your votes. I'd like to know if I should play another turn.

I'm 100% confident I would win even with everyone allying against me, which doesn't seem to be happening anyways. A coordinated attack from everyone a few turns ago could have made a difference, but now it won't. So I vote for ending now.