.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:01 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs vs. Vets II: Mysteria's Revenge. EA, CBM, Sign Up and Discussion.

Jachra, welcome back, as a returning alternate you and the vets will be choosing nations first.

P3D, your in as well, though I would caution about getting into too many games at once. (depends on the settings, slowpace games and long playing games are different). If your sure you'll be able to commit, then I'd like you in the starting roster, if not then as an alternate.

I'd like to refine the teams a bit if possible in keeping with the spirit (green noobs vs best of the best).

Illuminated one, would you mind taking an alternate slot and switch places with P3D?

Lingchih, can you refine your team (maybe get Zeldor in and ask one of less experienced vets to go to alternate)?

I guess it is a go then, 10 vs 5 on Orania (God help us! I hope I can place everyone properly).

Jachra and vets, please choose your nations if you've not already done so (1 water nation max).

The rest of the noobs after them.

I will pick last.

We will be using 1.41c (attachment on main post) unless QM has something else ready to go before pretender uploads.

Noobs and Vets check in and signup to your respective forums (links are on main post).

Last edited by Septimius Severus; March 22nd, 2009 at 02:20 AM..
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:59 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs vs. Vets II: Mysteria's Revenge, EA, CBM, Nation Selection Underway.

Actually the vet team looks pretty well-stacked, the only one I don't know is TheDemon, but everyone else I can say for sure is a very skilled player.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

namad is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs vs. Vets II: Mysteria's Revenge, EA, CBM, Nation Selection Underway.

thedemon plays on SA but hangs out in our IRC plenty....

so he is an unknown factor that is a veteran by some standards but unknown in our world
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:23 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Zeldor knows he is first alternate. Other than that, we are ready to go. In fact, I just built a brand new Mysteria for the game tonite.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:24 AM

General

Kick it off Sept!

And keep the team posts to a minimum of victory reports on the teamvet forum. I just noticed that anyone can view it, though not post to it. So the security is pretty lax. We'll keep the top secret stuff to IRC.

Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:33 AM

General

Default Re: Noobs vs. Vets II: Mysteria's Revenge. EA, CBM, Sign Up and Discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimius Severus View Post
Lingchih, can you refine your team (maybe get Zeldor in and ask one of less experienced vets to go to alternate)?
Sept, don't you know we hate to lose? That last loss ripped everyone's heart out. I will not cripple this team. We are coming with all our might. We will not lose again. You guys want a lesson? The lesson is coming.

That said, Zeldor is still first alternate.

Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:02 AM

General

Okay, since it looks like all the noobs are selected and the game will be starting shortly, it's time to get you all signed up for the team noob forum. I'm going to change the way signingup will be handled as it just didn't really work last time.

This time around I will just have people register, they'll be automatically accepted by the forum. Then I'll have them pm me here with their name on the other forum, to make sure they're who they say they are, then I'll accept them into the Team Noob user group so they can see the strategic command forum. So please register before the game actually starts. If you do not you will miss out on the pre-game discussion stage, which is fairly important for team noob.

So to recap: 1) Register for the forum here. 2) On this forum, pm me with the username you chose for the other site. Preferably it will be the same username you are using here. 3) Wait for me to move you into the user group. I will tell you when this is done via a pm on this forum, unless you say you want to be notified in some other manner. 4) Tell me if for any reason something goes wrong, what went wrong, and how it went wrong and I will fix it as quickly as possible. I will then probably send you a pm telling you that it was fixed, or let you know in some other fashion.

If you played in the last noobs vs vets game and have an account on the other forum already you will not have to do any of that, as I have not deleted any users. So if you can't see the strategy forum by the end of tomorrow, give me a nudge and I'll fix that up for you.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:08 AM

General

Lingchih, it's completely possible to make it secure, there are other ways to do it than I have been doing it also, I'm just doing it the way I am because it's more security for less work for me. As long as you cannot see 4 forums on the team noob website, I can guarantee you it works. But if you're not that worried about it it's probably not a big deal . If you are interested though I am willing to help you get it working.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 04:45 AM

Captain

atul is on a distinguished road

Please (help) make the vet forum secure. The time zone separation between players is quite huge (I believe at least 10 hours between me and qm) so a forum could be useful.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 05:11 AM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimius Severus View Post
(1 water nation max).
Is that per team or total?