.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old June 20th, 2009, 10:44 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

GrudgeBringer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EA DarkHeavens (Game on!)

OK, what now....

I saw that there where 2 that staled. I also saw that a NEW global has been put up over riding another (which happens to be mine) by one of the unfortunate people that staled.

I talked to the powers that be and the general concensus is that NOTHING that is qued in any way, shape, or form will work if you stale (unless it is in the Monthly que).

You will receive your money gems ect, but you can't forge, summon, or cast ritual spells.

The Amount of gems that would have had to be used to override that particular Global would of had to be MASSIVE.

Now don't get me wrong guys...I am not accusing anyone of any skullduggery (lOL, it in fact came up on my screen that I got some money so I must have cheated).

What I am saying is that Tyrant asked me about a battle with Gargoyles that never happened on my screen and all of a sudden his massive army disappered and I am sieging his fortress.

I think this game is doomed my friends and honestly I am somewhat lost as to what I was planning and with these other issues AND the fact that Tir probably should be set on AI (even though I am about to take all but his capitol in the next couple of turns).

This would provide a distraction with the currant war I am in as well as not having a defense on that side as TIR was my ally.

This has Been a GREAT game and was headed for a GREAT finish (though my money was on Revolution as he set back and rode beneath the radar while the rest of us fought, Nice job REV)

Even though this has been a great game I have lost trust that we don't have a corrupt File or something.

And I suppose I don't have the patiance to postpone the game agian.

Would everyone please have thier say.
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:56 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

It seems Revolution put his global up agian and he dID NOT stale...lOL, it STILL took a massive bunch of gems tho...

However the rest of the stuff is still unexplained.
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:02 PM

Sergeant

Revolution is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrudgeBringer View Post
It seems Revolution put his global up agian and he dID NOT stale...lOL, it STILL took a massive bunch of gems tho...

Yes, yes it did At this point in the game I'm not messing around with the chance of wasting a bunch of gems on a global that does not go up.
Old June 21st, 2009, 08:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

BigDisAwesome is on a distinguished road

So I still won't have access to my computer until later today, but it's good to know that no one paid any attention to this post and I staled.

I'm done with this crap. If you wanna be the admin in future games, you gotta pay attention to the thread Torin. Good luck everyone else.
Old June 21st, 2009, 03:27 PM

First Lieutenant

Tyrant is on a distinguished road

Argh-

I staled. Torin buddy, you really have to check the forum daily if you are going to admin. I appreciate that you stepped up to the plate, but you have struck out, can you pretty please pass off admin duties to someone more active if we decide to continue?

This is a very interesting game, i was having fun, and i'd hate to see it vanish. BDA's offensive is a thing of beauty and it would be a real shame to see it die in bed, it deserves a much nobler death.

Also, if i understand correctly, Saint Llama just spent a week running and rerunning the turn over and over to recover the game so we'd be able to continue. I'm pretty sure he has better things to do with his free time than pointlessly servicing our gaming needs, and he'd be well within his rights to Horror Mark every last one of us if we now wander off.

GB- the gargoyle battle was between me and BDA at my capitol, sorry, i made a mistake in my post. That battle was a big gnarly affair with 75 casters, 800 troops and novella length battle plans, it's what caused the crash, and my replay of the battle is upga****ed even though the turn went through. That's why i was asking,and it's not evidence of more glorks, it's part of the same glork. Sorry to cause more confusion.

I vote to roll back the last turn, change admins, give GB one more turn of empty Tir, and finish the game. Since BDA also staled i might be ok without a rollback if Arco did not hit me too hard ( i havn't looked at the new turn).
Old June 21st, 2009, 04:22 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Look at the new turn....it IS somewhat strange. If we roll it back there is also the chance that Rev's Global will hit someone else besides me so I look to bemifit from it.

Tir is nOT going to give me an advantage ..I already own )or will in 2 turns all but 1 fortress and most of his magic sites. I just need some time to fight a little along my Northern border and still take him out.

I agree that Llama did a WONDERFUL job fixing our game and if I was him I would be PO'd to the max if we quit.

Honestly, its MY note taking (I am traveling playing ball so much this summer)and fragile memory that has me up and yelling. At Myself more than anyone else.

If we ALL want to continue I will let you guys tear me apart and I can honestly say I was a PRETENDER (ar ar ar ) to the throne.
Old June 21st, 2009, 09:21 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

ARE WE ROLLING THIS DANG THING BACK TORIN!!!!!

I am a semi patiant person and have been accused of even being somewhat reasonable at times.

However, I am neither a Patiant nor reasonable person when I am left in the dark.

Is BDA going to continue, are we forging ahead or rolling it back, I don't have the time, effort, or desire to do this turn for nothing.

This has been the most pleasurable game I have ever played (up till now).

But I would like to have us make a concensus of what we are/want to do.

I don't think there are too many players that are left that we can continue without as far as a MP game goes.

I would like to play this out as SP if we decide to bag it and everyone here has my respect and friendship as you are all honorable opponents.

Now lets put our heads together and decide what we want to do PLEASE...
Old June 21st, 2009, 09:40 PM

Sergeant

Revolution is on a distinguished road

I'm all for continuing but if one of the major players's has had enough then I'm ok with calling it a draw. So...probably up to how serious BDA is about quitting.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 04:23 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

I can give someone else the admin password and roll the game back if you like. Any volunteers?
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old June 22nd, 2009, 06:29 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Thanks Llama, as usual your like the Calvery riding over the hill to come to the rescue.

BTW, I personally forgot to tell you THANK YOU for taking time out of your VERY busy schedule to fix the technical problems we had in this game.

I think that we have had a slight problem all along as we have had to track down our Admin time after time to get an extension either by e-mailing him personally, or yelling loud enough and saying they would quit if there wasn't a extension ect.

I personally have never had any dealings before with Torin and I am not sure he understood what came with the job.

Right now I think the problem is DO we want to continue on as everyone has had so much time in between turns and we feel that there is no structire to the game when it takes sooooo long to do our turns.

I appreciate your offer and I am sure Revolution, or perhaps Tyrant may just take you up on it.

Thanks agian 'Oh Guru of the Dom3 world!!!!