Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old July 21st, 2005, 01:16 PM

Corporal

MacGalin is on a distinguished road
Default A helo / atgm bug

I've encounetred a bug - sometimes, when firing ATGM from helicopter, enemy gets some opportunity fire before the launch. Then helo shoots... and after takin a shot it still has all of the missiles and still has free shot. Note - when firing, all other weapons on helo were disabled.
Old July 21st, 2005, 01:34 PM

Corporal

Shadowcougar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A helo / atgm bug

what era and nation?
Old July 24th, 2005, 06:41 AM

Corporal

MacGalin is on a distinguished road

Poland (vs Germany), 1996. I don't have saves, unfortunately.
Old July 24th, 2005, 11:39 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,444 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

So which nations Helo fired the misslies and which helo was it?? It's the details that help us investigate these reports.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 25th, 2005, 12:39 AM

Corporal

Pepper is on a distinguished road

i think i experienced that today playing USMC v Indonesia, Aug 2002, SuperCobra firing either Hellfire or TOW-2A (B?). I told heli to fire (on my turn), it just sat there (time passed like it was firing), then enemy took a shot at me, THEN my heli fired its ATGM. I didn't notice if it did or did not deduct the missle from unit inventory. I'll keep an eye out however.
Old July 25th, 2005, 01:53 AM

Corporal

Uncle_Joe is on a distinguished road

I think at long ranges, it should be possible to OP fire at a unit firing an ATGM before the missile resolves. In fact, wasnt that the doctrine that the Israelis developed in '73 after their initial shock by the Egyptian ATGMs? IIRC, it was kind of an overwatch were one tank section covered while the other moved. If an ATGM was launched, the cover section would pour fire onto the launch position to try and kill/suppress or simply throw off the aim of the firer.

Something like that would be great to see. Also, I'd like to see a penalty applied to ATGM fire when a target is only glimpsed. Often if you are are 2000m or so and you break cover for just one hex, you can be zapped by ATGMs. In reality, it takes time for the missile to travel that distance (especially for the older models). If you could make it back into cover quickly enough, you should be able to avoid the missile. Obviously coding that exact sequence in the game would be impossible due to the way OP fire works and the turn structure. But instead, I'd like to see some sort of accuracy penalty applied vs moving targets at long range to simulate this effect. I just see too many 95%+ chances to hit from ATGMs at extreme range with no ability to dodge, return fire, or otherwise counter the incoming missile.

Anyways, that went a little OT I suppose, but at least it was ATGM related!
Old July 25th, 2005, 03:49 AM

Private

Lars_Remmen is on a distinguished road

The reaction fire at ATGM launching units during missile fligt is already in the game. In fact this thread is about a bug when the reactio fire occurs.

I have encountered the bug as well. May 2005 West Germany v. France. My PAH-2 Tiger UHT with HOT3 missiles fired at an AMX-10P. Reaction fire occured, the AMX-10P was killed and my Tiger still had 4 HOT3 missiles. I have a save if Don or Andy are interested.

Regards,

Lars
Old July 25th, 2005, 07:20 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lars_Remmen said:
The reaction fire at ATGM launching units during missile fligt is already in the game. In fact this thread is about a bug when the reactio fire occurs.

I have encountered the bug as well. May 2005 West Germany v. France. My PAH-2 Tiger UHT with HOT3 missiles fired at an AMX-10P. Reaction fire occured, the AMX-10P was killed and my Tiger still had 4 HOT3 missiles. I have a save if Don or Andy are interested.

Regards,

Lars
Before or after the shot was taken? - if after, then not very useful really. Probably best debugged with a simple test scenario. What actually reaction-fired at the helo?

Cheers
Andy
Old July 31st, 2005, 10:05 PM

Corporal

Pepper is on a distinguished road

I've now experienced this numerous times using USMC circa 2005. I will order the AH-64 (TOW 2-B variety) to take a shot at an APC or tank, but before the TOW takes off, the OPFOR gets an oppty shot. Then my heli fires its TOW and the FFARs, then at end of cycle, my heli is fully loaded and ready to go (i.e. 6-2-6-6 again).
I also have noticed that during my heli firing its cycle, I will hear some other gun sound being played simultaneously (sounds like an AC or AGL).
Hope that helps ...
Old August 5th, 2005, 01:05 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,444 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

If you can provide me with a save game that shows this it would be appreciated

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....