World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old March 1st, 2005, 06:41 PM

Major

douglas is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Crazy Idea

Quote:
Urendi Maleldil said:
If your pacifist race went around frying the engines and weapons on everybody's ships, their enemies would get maintenanced to death.
Unless their enemies put self destruct devices on all their ships and used them on crippled ships.
Old March 1st, 2005, 09:07 PM

Sergeant

boran_blok is on a distinguished road

but then the pacificts would have achieved the same as destroying the ship, hence they have still won.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 05:13 PM

Major General

Strategia_In_Ultima is on a distinguished road

But lose a boarding ship.

Hmmm..... methinks Slick has been watching the old Star Wars trilogy at least three times in a row recently.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 06:34 PM

First Lieutenant

Intimidator is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Slick said:
I have been thinking about this for some time and I think it might be fun for any modder out there to attempt. The idea is that one race (via racial trait) has a pretty big advantage. This race is very powerful and has better technology, ships, etc... and it is very EVIL! All other empires, which use normal techs, must ally and band together to defeat the evil tyrant. The number of other empires must be controlled to be as balanced as possible. The other empires must use everything at their disposal to defeat the evil empire: mass mining of selected sectors, coordinated intel attacks, coordinated research and tech trading, fleet support, and anything else they can think of.

Victory is determined when the evil empire is destroyed or the other empires are destroyed.

This mod would work in single player using all AI allied against the player or in multiplayer in a 1 vs. all game.

What do you think?

You don't need a mod for this, just give the bad-guy an ringworld, and the rest only large planets. Also make sure that in the Bad-guys homesystem he can find an ruine with some 150 techs on it.

So there it is, evil-uber-race ready to destroy tiny-peaceloving-races.
Old March 2nd, 2005, 07:08 PM

Major General

NullAshton is on a distinguished road

Make it like space monsters, where they have special technology.

Vala - "The last time I was this bored, I took hostages!"
Old March 3rd, 2005, 05:39 PM

Major General

Strategia_In_Ultima is on a distinguished road

Create two or three traits that work like the Normal/Nomad/Pirate traits in P&N, so that Normal races are, well, Normal, Pacifists are, well, pacifist and uber-evil races are... well, do I need to clarify? And separate the tech trees - most stock techs (or mod techs if you're using an existing mod as starting point) can be filed under Normal requirement, you can add a Pacifist tech tree with large ships with things like inherent supply storage, long-range scanner, bonus movement, inherent cargo storage etc. and engines that store more supplies AND use less, and so on. Uber-evil races would have smaller hulls, with less/no bonus abilities, but they would have very strong weapons and many combat-bonus comps - think Booster Engines that provide combat bonus movement so Uber-Evil battlecruisers can run loops around Normal Deepscouts, or High-Focus PD Turrets, with good damage and +40 modifier, or shields that have a massive output and regeneration ability, or bridges that give bigger bonuses for offence/defence as they get better, and so on.

Am I ranting?
Old March 3rd, 2005, 06:34 PM
Shrapnel Fanatic

Suicide Junkie is on a distinguished road

Why not give the evil races powerful ships, but weak economies due to the oppression and corruption.
Old March 4th, 2005, 01:05 AM

Sergeant

EaX is on a distinguished road

i was working (secretly until now) on a similar mod, the idea was to some player control a race with very powerfull technologies, this player should not take an active role on the game. Something like the antarans who sent first small fleets and then strongers fleets to other races systems, ofcourse attacking this super powerfull race won't be easy, also i was thinking about adding some technologies on some distant planets (ruins) so the race that discovers this planets will get a powerfull tech to help defeat the evil race or maybe some other races (creating a little kaos heheh) that way the player maybe tempted to conquer other races insted of allying all the known races against the evil race, that why i think to call this mod Wonders.

You think is such three dimensional way, how small have you become - Borg Queen.

Whatever that thing was the Shivans got one less of them now - S.O.C. Freespace 2

We're the borg, lower your shields and surrender your ships, we will add your technological and biological distintiveness to our own your race will adapt to serve us, resistant is futile.