Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old February 27th, 2005, 03:43 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Will is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So much to learn!

I remember doing that in SEIII

The day I realized my mistake, was the day Natural Merchants became my favorite racial trait (no spaceports needed).
Old February 27th, 2005, 03:44 PM

National Security Advisor

Captain Kwok is on a distinguished road

Ouch!
Old February 27th, 2005, 03:49 PM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Renegade 13 said:
Personally, I would NOT, under most circumstances, ever abandon your home system. Waaaay to valuable, and what's the point anyways??
Indeed. If you don't like your home system, just blow it up: cheaper, painless and faster than evacuating the whole place. Who cares about the four billion slav... citizens living in the system? I am indeed an Evil Overlord.
Old February 27th, 2005, 04:15 PM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road

Oh man, I remember doing the same thing for my first game. But I bet you'll never again forget to build spaceports! (or will just take the natural merchants racial trait...no more pesky spaceports) I'm surprised you could hold off the Drushocka and Ukra'Tal at the same time with only home system income! Especially for over 600 turns...they must be on low or medium difficulty eh?

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old February 27th, 2005, 04:26 PM

Brigadier General

Slick is on a distinguished road

I actually had a similar stupid mistake with spaceports. I didn't understand the difference between "system" and "sector" so I was building one on every planet.

Old February 27th, 2005, 05:55 PM

Private

Imperious_Leader is on a distinguished road

Well I don't feel quite so bad knowing that I'm not the only one to ever do this.Yes renegade its on med difficulty I wanted a chalange but I didn't want to be beaten in 50 or 60 turns so I went with med.My plan for this game was really just to learn.I've read through alot of the posts but I think the only way to learn the basics is by doing,and boy am I learning.
I'm really surprised at lasting this long myself,though you must keep in mind that it wasn't just my home systems production I still have a partnership with the Eee so I've had income from that as well.I also had sort of a war with a very minor race that I had only met once, they demanded my surender so I demanded theirs....they did so I got a large amount of resources from them.their only planet which became mine was in a system just crawling with Ukra-Tal who promptly took it away from me but I got to keep the resources.Allowed me to build a few advanced ships.But I have thought about throwing in the towel a few times,,,really glad I didn't.

Now that I can afford to do something I have a plan for the Ukra Tal I've noticed that though their ships have cloaks they have no sensors capable of detecting cloaked ships I hope they're very surprised when I show up on their door step.I'll be taking a colony ship with me to set up shop right there among them,as well as a couple of mine layers to discurage anyone from coming to their aid.Would never thought of that on my own, building a colonie right there among the enemy....thanks for the idea Arkon I also took your sugestion about capturing their unarmed colonie ships ....to date I have captured 1 Drushocka and one 1 Ukra-tal colonie ship and their former colonists are settling in quite nicely
Old February 27th, 2005, 07:57 PM

General

Ed Kolis is on a distinguished road

My mistake with spaceports is BUILDING them when I HAVE selected natural merchants, thus wasting 6000 Minerals, 3 turns, and a facility slot until I remember to scrap them... but I guess that's not as bad as not building them when you ened them!
Old February 28th, 2005, 09:18 AM

Major General

Strategia_In_Ultima is on a distinguished road

Two things:

-I thought you were about to eliminate the EEE, or was that in another game? (see your sig)

-Do NOT take a colony ship, as a new colony will take a long time to develop, but instead take a troop ship loaded to the brim with your empire's finest. Take one of their colonies and enjoy the benefits of a fully developed world right in the middle of enemy territory.
Old February 28th, 2005, 01:56 PM

Private

Imperious_Leader is on a distinguished road

LOL My sig came before I had the game everything I had read made the Eee sound like the toughest enemy.And it's actually a misquote from the original BSG Imperious Leader is the name of the Cylon ruler in the opening show he gives the order for the attack that destroys the colonies "The final anilation of the life form known as man let the attack begin"
Old February 28th, 2005, 10:54 PM

Captain

Grandpa Kim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
StrategiaInUltima said:
-Do NOT take a colony ship, as a new colony will take a long time to develop, but instead take a troop ship loaded to the brim with your empire's finest. Take one of their colonies and enjoy the benefits of a fully developed world right in the middle of enemy territory.
DO hijack a colony ship if it has a colony tech you don't have. Then analyze it. Now you have double your available planets without adding a single system!

http://se4-gaming.net/