This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old February 28th, 2005, 09:35 PM

Corporal

luke_slovakian is on a distinguished road
Default Dominion wars

Hey what do you guys think on a game that replays the dominion war. I would make a map for it once i finish my "modded ast mod":-d. Like the dominion start aligned with cardisians and breen and you fight the feds, roms, and klingons.
And yes the borg would come in at like the top right corner but would take a while for them to come in because of 8472 attacked again:-d. What do you guys think?

So it would be like 3v3 and the other 3 has another front verse borg or 8472 whichever wins or something like that?
Old February 28th, 2005, 11:08 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominion wars

You can create a new mod for this concept Luke. What we do is set up the vehicle size file to have lots of ships sizes for each race, then combine the races like the Dominion/Cardasssian/Breen/Son'a and the Federation/Klingon/Romulan's/Vulcan's. The Ferengi/Gorn/Tholian's would be neutral.

I have been kicking this around for a while, but have not done anything with it.

Back in 2000 I was part of a web game called New Age where the galaxy had suffored a catastrophy at the hands of Q and the races were forced to rebuild. As a player you could chose two races to mix together or just play as one. So we had a lot of Klingon / Federation mixed races, and a few Romulan / Cardassian mixes.

There were many others. It was the inspiration for the AST mod, which I never did finish. Later I opted to use the back story for the STM. (Had to explain away the Warp Point thing and the new looking NON CANNON ships.)