.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 8th, 2006, 03:44 AM

Private

StGabe is on a distinguished road
Default Great game, HORRIBLE ordering system

I just wanted to say that I love the game ...

... and despite that the onerous ordering process was almost enough to prevent me from buying it. Where to start?

* Don't send me directly to the "DVD case" version. I wanted the download version and had to figure out where to get that.
* Tell me that you are sending me to a different page before I hit your link on your main page -- if you absolutely have to link to another page. It would be MUCH better if there was a direct "one click buy" on the main page. That skipped right to giving a credit card for a download of the game.
* The "gamersfront" web store had a horrible UI. It took me almost a minute to find the add to cart button.
* An ISO file? I'd much prefer a zip -- I want instant gratification and I haven't any blank CD's around. At least give me an option for a .zip.

I'm saying this not to whine -- the game is great and I was willing to wade through all of the above to get it. I'm just saying this because if I, who loved the game and like supporting indie games (I'm a professional game programmer myself), almost didn't make it through the order process, then I have to imagine a lot of other people don't.

Do yourselves a favor, find a way to get a more streamlined ordering system. It wasn't clear to me what your relationship to Shrapnel/Gamersfront is but hopefully you can either sell elsewhere or pressure them to improve their interface?

Gabe.