.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:07 AM

Sergeant

Stryke11 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First signs of a war

This is true folly. There was naught but offers of peace from Ermor and a fair trade of provinces. We do not consider it greedy to seek through trade a border province to our own capitol. Would the mighty Vanir tolerate such an incursion? We think not. The legions were sent when our offers were denied.

Still however the senate of Ermor sees hope for peace. We have sent terms and await a reply. The city and senate of Ermor may indeed fall to the barbaric might of these fey creatures who mask their appearance with play of light, but they will do so honorably, and any attempt to color our glorious nation as one of greed will be dashed by the blinding white light of truth. It is not the perogative of the stronger nation to castigate the weaker as greedy and threatening, while their troops stand before the weaker nation's gates! All who possess sense can see that.

For the glory of the white shroud, the legions of Ermor may be cut down to a man, but they will do so in defense of their homes, and not in agression.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:19 AM

General

PashaDawg is on a distinguished road

Watch out for that Whollaborg! He's a scoundrel!
Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

FrankTrollman is on a distinguished road

Tien Chi has been watching the conflict carefully.

Vanheim did indeed make a marginally successful incursion into the Fields of Abul (Province 58), which could only rightfully be considered Ermorian territory (being as it was adjacent to their Capitol). Realizing that they could not possibly hold it with the units they had available, they pulled the Van back into their own dominion (where they are invisible) and left only a token force of province defense.

On a similar note, armies of Pangaea and Helheim are rapidly approaching the gates of Spring and Autumn. It's almost as if all the Chinese forces were preparing to defend themselves behind some kind of wall...

The Great Catsby has spoken.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:33 AM

Sergeant

Stryke11 is on a distinguished road

OOC

I need some more dang scouts. It seems everyone but me knows what's going on everywhere else But I have to keep the mage production flowing, y'know?
Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:44 AM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Stryke11 said:
I need some more dang scouts. It seems everyone but me knows what's going on everywhere else But I have to keep the mage production flowing, y'know?
Look for independent scouts. No one builds scouts at thier forts (some nations dont even have scouts).
Old November 3rd, 2006, 03:52 AM
Major General

Foodstamp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
FrankTrollman said:
Tien Chi has been watching the conflict carefully.

Vanheim did indeed make a marginally successful incursion into the Fields of Abul (Province 58), which could only rightfully be considered Ermorian territory (being as it was adjacent to their Capitol). Realizing that they could not possibly hold it with the units they had available, they pulled the Van back into their own dominion (where they are invisible) and left only a token force of province defense.

On a similar note, armies of Pangaea and Helheim are rapidly approaching the gates of Spring and Autumn. It's almost as if all the Chinese forces were preparing to defend themselves behind some kind of wall...

It seems Tien Chi has pressures mounting from all directions. I found The Tien Chi pretender in a province with 8 soldiers and decided not to attack.

Pangaea will not advance on Tien Chi, allowing them to face other potential threats. We look eastward for future conquests, as we would rather conquer easy independent provinces and spend the rest of our time in revelry for now. As long as Tien Chi respects our borders, they have nothing to fear from us for the time being.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 06:18 PM

Corporal

Kydorias is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3.01

I too am willing to step in and take over a nation if there is a need to do so. I've never played MP Dom before so I should fit right in
Old November 3rd, 2006, 06:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

FrankTrollman is on a distinguished road

Ouch. So Helheim is indeed invading us with 19 Hlhirdlings (or so, it's hard to count them with Glamour). We're going to withdraw to our southern Lab and attempt to reseach a way through them before they can take down our walls.

Any assistance in countering Helheim aggression would be very much appreciated.

Old November 3rd, 2006, 06:56 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

I'm keeping a list of alternates who want to fill in for our slacking nations. We should have some good subs in a couple of days.

Actually, since many of you are newer players, I should point out here that it is normally the Player's responsibility to get a replacement if they can no longer play a game. I'm only stepping in here cause a lot of you are new to MP. Of course, if a player just vanishes without warning, like Theonylstd (CTis), then the host does have to intercede.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 07:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

Sheap is on a distinguished road
Default Re:

I'm currently subbing for c'tis (so don't go invading willy-nilly just yet!), but rlyeh and sauromatia are also staling, you could probably sub one of them.