.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old November 1st, 2006, 05:19 PM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road
Default Campaign design questions

Hi all! I am working on my first-ever campaign (fixed core) and I got some unresolved issues... I hope someone can help me!

Core Units: Now, I started to buy a core force, then I re-arranged the company organization, etc, and I saved this in a separate file as a starting point for creating new scenarios - is that the way to do it?

When I changed the command rating, experience, etc, of the various commanders (I just figured out the significance of this +how that works AFTER creating 3 scenarios already), does this somehow get transferred form Node 0 scenario to all the others, or am I screwed and have to re-do all subsequent scenarios?

Deployment + Auxiliary troops: I created an 'exercise' scenario as the first one in order to be able to use Aux units from the first real battle on - now, when I tried to play that part, I found that by accidentally deploying the Aux units as well, they somehow got 'duplicated' - now I got that unit twice! In the campaigns I downloaded, I was never able to deploy the Aux units - what did I do wrong here? Was it maybe because they were loaded on their own vehicles?
Old November 1st, 2006, 06:19 PM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign design questions

Quote:
Shan said:
Hi all! I am working on my first-ever campaign (fixed core) and I got some unresolved issues... I hope someone can help me!

Core Units: Now, I started to buy a core force, then I re-arranged the company organization, etc, and I saved this in a separate file as a starting point for creating new scenarios - is that the way to do it?
For a FIXED CORE Force you only need to BUY the core force (and just the core force) for the first scenario of the campaign.

Quote:
Shan said:
When I changed the command rating, experience, etc, of the various commanders (I just figured out the significance of this +how that works AFTER creating 3 scenarios already), does this somehow get transferred form Node 0 scenario to all the others, or am I screwed and have to re-do all subsequent scenarios?
You only need to modify the stats of the core units ONCE.
Afterwards, the stats of all core force units will evolve (upgrade or downgrade) during the campaign (depending of various conditions).

Quote:
Shan said:
Deployment + Auxiliary troops: I created an 'exercise' scenario as the first one in order to be able to use Aux units from the first real battle on - now, when I tried to play that part, I found that by accidentally deploying the Aux units as well, they somehow got 'duplicated' - now I got that unit twice! In the campaigns I downloaded, I was never able to deploy the Aux units - what did I do wrong here? Was it maybe because they were loaded on their own vehicles?
In the first scenario you can't have AUX or FIX units.
From the second scenario of the campaign you may have AUX units (Aux units that may be deployed by the player inside the deployment area, during the deployment phase) and FIXED units (Aux units that are already deployed in a fixed position and can't be re-deployed during the deployment phase).

cheers,
Pyros
Old December 14th, 2006, 11:23 AM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road

Another thing... is there a way to expand the size of an existing map (with the freeware-version)?
Old December 19th, 2006, 03:37 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

Is it possible to create a campaign which uses just a single core unit (A0 HQ); and all the units come from each scenario's auxilary troops assigned to you?