.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 9th, 2011, 03:50 AM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GotM: Gardens of the Moon, vets, busy, 13/16 players left

Van player has staled three in a row.
He also didn't answer my PM.
I will wait today. If no answer is forthcoming I will look for a sub tomorrow.
Old January 12th, 2011, 04:37 PM

General

ok. we're now officially looking for a sub to lead Van.

Edit: Tryfan, I hope you're ok and not having any RL crisis.
I'll assume you were suddenly unable to play dominions anymore nor communicate that fact. Finding otherwise would be disappointing.

Last edited by WraithLord; January 12th, 2011 at 04:44 PM..
Old January 13th, 2011, 08:22 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

What happened to the score graphs on Llamaserver?
Has Ermor managed to sabotage even that as to keep us in the dark about his rising powers?
Old January 13th, 2011, 12:46 PM

First Lieutenant

LoloMo is on a distinguished road

The score graphs in my other llamaserver games are gone too.
Old January 13th, 2011, 01:15 PM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

llamabeast recently did a bit of bug-fixing on his server with regards how a new version of the game would inadvertantly enable the llamascores in games that they shouldn't have. Part of the fix saw him turn off the llamascores for all games, and then have them return in only the games that should have them when those games next hosted.

In short, the llamascores should return once the turn hosts. (in this game, and every game where they've disappeared)
Old January 13th, 2011, 03:47 PM

General

Thanks Calahan.

As a master subber and a great player, may I interest you in taking the reins of the Kingdom of Van?- It has peace now with all it's neighbors and we're just at turn 45 so the all the options are open.

To other news - Originally the game should have hosted yesterday. Switching to 96h pushed to hosting 24h. The server however shows next host to be further pushed 48h. In the interest of maintaining the game momentum and fixing the score graphs I'll force host today (all but Van have sent turns).

As for Van, if no sub is found in the next few days I'm afraid we'll have no choice but to turn it to AI
Old January 13th, 2011, 04:40 PM

Major General

Jotunheim officially declares war on Ermor. Our numbers might be small but we are big!

We invite the nations of R'lyeh, Marginon, Ulm and Shinuyama to join us.
Pythium has already started to fall before the undead legions, and their numbers seem endless.
This very turn the nation of Jotunheim has been invaded by Mictlan, Ermors faithful ally, and Ermor has placed massive troops on the Jotun - Ermor border, which include legions of undead, mages, Water Queens, Bane Lords, Spectral mages, trolls and troll Kings, and even their pretender.

It won't be long before Ermor takes over the world as the giants and the nation of Pythium can't stop them.

Please contact us, and join the crusade against the undead.

Cealum, now that everything's out in the open, would you mind telling me if it was Ermor who so Very generously supported you?
I for a fact know that you couldn't have had an amazing 240 A gems for summoning 8 Shinys, I made sure to waste as many Cealums gems in the first turn of the war and at least 100 were used for battlefields spells, including a load of water gems too. And let's face it, Cealum had a rather bad gem income.
I don't think you even had the mages to forge them the items, so, it Was Ermor who supported you right?
Old January 13th, 2011, 04:58 PM

General

Yeah right. That's cheap propaganda if ever there was such

Pythium didn't yet lose one soldier. All he does is keep his armies mostly in his castles and attacks sporadically while I raid his lands. So it looks like I'm ahead of a war that's not really fought.

Second, Jotun has recruit-able SCs and blood eco. and can blood sac. It is one of the best nations in the game and certainly stronger the mid level MA Ermor. For example, to obtain one thug chasis I need to summon and equip a commander while Jotun can just recruit one from every castle.

The party is over Jotun. No more stomping over helpless nations. You have met your match and it shall be an even fight. If you could call 2 of the top three nations in the game teaming against the 3rd fair

Besides, Pyth has asked for this war. He broke the NAP, attacked me and even though I gave him two chances to peace he has twice rejected them. I don't really want his lands and if he wants to I'll certainly consider to negotiate peace with him.

I'm also perfectly content to let Mictlan have all your lands and VPs. Let Miclan be a super power. I'm certainly for that as I've no desire to be the leading nation, that spot is too hot for my tastes.
Pay attention that although you threaten me, broke your NAP with me and try to convince other players to attack me (like Pyth ) I did not attack you.

Pewf. How about that, the wolf masquerades as a sheep. Now that's a sight

Edit: Oh and I now notice that you resort to lies as well. Nice. Pray tell how many troll kings and trolls I have at your border?- How about 0 as I haven't even summoned one. Plus so many half truths that's just too tedious to list.
Old January 13th, 2011, 05:24 PM

Major General

Ah, propaganda you say? On whose part?
Our scouts are not blind, we have reports of 15 trolls towering over a massive army. Those trolls usually come with Kings I must add, or would you make us think otherwise?

And what foul lies you speak! The good giants of Jotun have never and never will sacrifice a single being to spread the word of God, one would consider them unable to do so. We see though your false preaching, your lies and deception!

We hardly have recruitable SC's. Good thuggish, easily countered creatures to put it better. And yet it seems you have more Bane Lords than I have Werewolves...
Someone who instigates war certainly can't be considered a peaceful spectator, rather a silver tongued puppet master who deals with the faiths of others. If one tries to organize a war against me why should I not do the same?
Old January 13th, 2011, 05:42 PM

Sergeant

Numahr is on a distinguished road

O despised unholy blood-thirsty giants,

Your question both insults and honors us.

Let it be known that the proud and independent nation of Caelum never was the puppet of an other nation. We would firmly refuse help if it meant loosing honor honor and independence, even at the brink of extinction.

You may have greatly underestimated the magical reserves we inherited from our God's previous incarnation. My Gem-Accountant-in-Chief does not have a full explanation for the origin of all the gems, probably just cautiously saved over time. But a large part of the explanation of what seems like a mystery for a limited giant's brain lies in the following facts:

- disappearing Pretenders, in a last inspiration of wisdom, may give a second life to their treasures by transferring it to the most virtuous Nation still alive, which does not mean becoming the puppet of anyone as the doomed Pretender does so on its way to Tartarus;

- the spell summoning those Shishis your unfortunate Giants have learned to love brings two of these lovely creatures for the price of 30 gems, not one. So what you see is the result of 4 rituals, who were entirely self-financed after 1-to-1 trade agreements to procure air gems;

- idem for the items, painstakingly procured on the international market at their real price.

Actually when I took over the main question was this, what to do of this little mountain of gems, I am happy to see that my choice brought us the opportunity of this little talk...

Waiting forward to your next wave of sentenced-to-death giants

Last edited by Numahr; January 13th, 2011 at 05:50 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Numahr For This Useful Post: