.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old November 6th, 2009, 01:20 PM

Corporal

Kartoffel is on a distinguished road
Default U.S.A. vs Canada

I'm thinking of recreating a childhood SPII campaign I had. It was between America and Canada. Back then I had to dial the settings way in my favor so I could win.

But now, I am curious to see how things would unfold with fair settings and the updated OOBs and features that have been provided thanks to Don and Andrew.

My question is: what map number/setting would be most appropriate to create battlefields on the likely strategic objectives?

Thanks for indulging my nostalgia.

Last edited by Kartoffel; November 6th, 2009 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: Wrote "American" instead of America.
Old November 6th, 2009, 03:15 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: U.S.A. vs Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoffel View Post
I'm thinking of recreating a childhood SPII campaign I had. It was between America and Canada. Back then I had to dial the settings way in my favor so I could win.

But now, I am curious to see how things would unfold with fair settings and the updated OOBs and features that have been provided thanks to Don and Andrew.

My question is: what map number/setting would be most appropriate to create battlefields on the likely strategic objectives?

Thanks for indulging my nostalgia.
#84, Canada - sometimes comes up as the Suffield, Alberta range area in a USA v Canada fight. (Take your Wellington boots! )..

Andy
Old November 6th, 2009, 03:25 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Thats a big border whos attacking who, press help & it lists the battlock number locations so choose something apropriate. Might want to use a city map or 103 Europe or are you heading through major woods mountain ranges farmland I would think all pretty much present. There is a pregenerated map downtown USA or something like also
Old November 6th, 2009, 04:16 PM

Corporal

Kartoffel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Thats a big border whos attacking who, press help & it lists the battlock number locations so choose something apropriate. Might want to use a city map or 103 Europe or are you heading through major woods mountain ranges farmland I would think all pretty much present. There is a pregenerated map downtown USA or something like also
Imp, I was thinking of initially using USA bellicose Canada and then if that proves fun using the reverse. The major factor with regard to the initiation of hostilities between USA and Canada would be civil war in the United States caused by racial vulcanization as a result of immigration. In other words the southwest breaks away and the federal government looking to replace losses in territory invades Canada.

The plan of invasion involves an axis of advance against Canada's population centers, which are without exception within 50 miles of the border. Specific objectives include Canadian urban areas adjacent to Washington State, Michigan and Maine.

IIRC the the majority of Canada's population resides within 25 miles of the border because of agriculturally favorably climatic conditions. In other words the calorie input to the calorie output for agriculture in southern Canada is the most favorable resulting in higher rates of settlement than farther north.

For more information about a politically stimulated American invasion of Canada please read Harry Tutledove's alternate history account: The Great War: American Front.
Old November 6th, 2009, 04:46 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

My geography is ok but on Canada not great suggest Google Maps or some such for satellite views of terrain types then pick bat loc accordingly. 84 is certainly worth taking for an outing.
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

If you wanted to recreate the war of 1812 in 2020 Google maps of the Niagara Peninsula as a guide to building your own. There are no generated maps in the game that will recreate the Niagara escarpment but the land between say, Toronto and Niagara would be somewhat similar to 236 with the Hill height set to 1 and Urbanization set to 3 or 4. Perhaps a tree level of 2

The map Andy mentioned is 84 and would be suitable for Northern Ontario battles ( not that anyone would be that dumb..wouldn't be at all fun in April or May)

Don

Last edited by DRG; November 11th, 2009 at 01:56 AM..
Old November 10th, 2009, 11:25 AM

Private

Pazam is on a distinguished road

As a representative if Her Majesty's Queen, I am ready to accept the Yankee surrender right now. Do you really want to mess with the True North Strong and Free?