Old November 3rd, 2009, 01:17 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,446 Times in 2,700 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: WW2 German units mod for WinSPMBT

Quote:
Originally Posted by archita View Post
turret problems here

It's not a turret problem it's a hull problem with that Icon. The rotation point for that Icon was not set on that hull. Now fixed in the master game. It's a ten second fix with SHPEdit but it would take me 1 half hour to explain how to use it so here's the corrected file. Extract it to the Graphics folder

Don
Attached Files
File Type: zip Icon0089.zip (30.3 KB, 116 views)
Old November 7th, 2009, 01:47 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Not my thing but without looking would give some opponents. Shermans & T-34s that carried on in service in theatres like South America Africa got upgunned mainly following the HEAT route I think, been a while since played 50s.
Talking about the russian ammo,the T-34 got a new set of conventional but somewhat improved AP/APCR rounds postwar,the
BR-367/BR367P, as well as an early HEAT round.
Eventually the BK-2M HEAT round, with a penetration
capability around 300mm of RHA became available (in the 60s IIRC), enabling it to penetrate most of the pre composite armor MBTs even from the front.
For the Sherman I have less info but it seems that the trend was to change the original gun with something better. The israeli first installed a french developed 75mm KwK 42 L70 derivative (with AP as primary round presumably) and then a cut down
105mm (with HEAT as primary round it seems); the chileans on the other hand installed a special high velocity 60mm.
What nazi germany would hypothetically do is a pretty tricky question. Early in the war they seemed to think that squeeze bore guns were the solution but of course tungsten shortage killed them together with APCRs. OTOH they had done some development on APDS rounds but I don't remember the eaxct details.
Old November 7th, 2009, 02:18 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

As hypothetical so no shortages they did produce some very good guns so probably the kinetic road as had tungsten petrol etc. Just regaining the APCR rounds makes a diffrence & if Russia improved them seems feasable to assume if carried on APDS was developed, slightly improved gun at a cost of 1/3rd the ammo load is another possibilty or MkIV chasis going to yet another TD mounting it.