This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old November 9th, 2009, 03:39 PM

Sergeant

EJ is on a distinguished road
Question Helos suppressed by being in same hex as a ground unit taking fire???

Andy or Don,
I don't think helos should be suppressed if they are in a hex where a ground unit is taking fire. If they are in low level flight and not being directly engaged why should they be suppressed? Any chance this will change in an upcoming patch?
Old November 9th, 2009, 03:52 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Helos suppressed by being in same hex as a ground unit taking fire???

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
Andy or Don,
I don't think helos should be suppressed if they are in a hex where a ground unit is taking fire. If they are in low level flight and not being directly engaged why should they be suppressed? Any chance this will change in an upcoming patch?
No. Helo low is low enough for them to be bothered by flying bits of metal. Arty fire can also hit and kill helos at low altitude as well. (I have even had one taken out by fixed wing air strike 1000lb bombs ... ). Helo low is Nap Of the Earth (NOE level) ie <~50 foot.

Andy
Old November 9th, 2009, 07:57 PM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Helos suppressed by being in same hex as a ground unit taking fire???

Any Chance that a Fixed Wing rocket/gun will also do the trick at high alt?Also, some helos have AAMs(me thinks classed SAM), will those fire against Fixed wing?
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:35 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Helos suppressed by being in same hex as a ground unit taking fire???

Have had USA Apaches "Auto Fire" at Russian ground attack aircraft that came within their "field of vision". Don't normally use them but suspected the AI would throw a series of air strikes at me as I was defending and it was late in one of my 21 game campaigns. Caused only damage and no kills due to experience level of the Apache. Only used it one time, I would rather have the full ground attack capability. Better to use other SAM (mobile) units to protect and move with the troops and backup my area SAMs if at all possible. That's just me though.
Pat
Old November 10th, 2009, 02:57 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCaMpWiThAWP View Post
Any Chance that a Fixed Wing rocket/gun will also do the trick at high alt?Also, some helos have AAMs(me thinks classed SAM), will those fire against Fixed wing?
I have had a couple of cases of fixed wing attacks on helos, trying to remember think high end ones fire cannon back. Also think had a PGM launched at stationary helo, it was just parked up waiting & lazy did not bother to move it as it was safe
SAM equiped helos can be usefull in mountains etc if other side has helos to but using against planes I think have to be moving very slowly to fire, never realy figured it out.
Old November 10th, 2009, 08:56 AM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road

in RL, stinger/AIM-9 equipped helicopters can fire at fighter jockeys who are dumb enough to show in front of them