.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 12th, 2011, 01:19 AM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nations - MA, CBM 1.6, max lvl 6 magic, NI, Assimilation mod - Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olm View Post
Well it would have made only a minor difference. It was only one of your armies, while it was virtually all Arco had left. So Arco is down for good, or will be in one or two turns. Much faster than I had wished for.
Last turn I broke through Arco's walls and Ulm also ended his NAP with me so I decided to take a risk and storm Arco's cap without checking to see what's inside. Of course since he tried to break the siege the battle would have taken place regardless of whether I tried storming the fort or not.

Quote:
Btw, I don't really get why the revelers are so effective. I made the same experience, but just from the stats I had expected them to do worse.
Revelers are my favorite Pangaean troop. Just like centaurs, they get two attacks per round but since they are size 2 you can fit three per square instead of two, for a total of 6 attacks per square as opposed to the centaurs 4. And those attacks can be fairly hard hitting. Base strength of 12, buff them with strength of giants for another 4, and when they go berserk add another 3. While their protection is low, they have decent HP so they've got a good chance of surviving the first hit and then going berserk.

Given the size of your raiding parties I figured I'd outnumber you about 3 to 1 and that numbers would win the day. However they aren't ideal for every situation. Your longbowmen will shred them and in that situation the centaurs are a better choice: slightly better armor, a third more HP, and - most importantly - a shield.

In the battle against Arco I think my curse of stones castings affected most of this tramplers. The harpies, maenads and swarm castings were just to build up a few rounds fatigue on them before they closed with my main force of revelers. Getting Pathos with curse of stones was an added bonus and very useful as he could have been a real problem.

Quote:
So you really retired the gorgon. Well it's your choice, but for me, you can use it in whichever way you want. I'll try to ward against her in whichever way I can. My Wardens and Knights of Avalon have rather high MR, so I guess they would survive long enough to do some damage.
Yes, I really think she's OP for this game. I wasn't really having fun with her anyway. The only regret I have about it is that I was counting on my pretender to use their air magic to shut down opposing archers. Wish I'd decided on the phoenix that I was also considering. Anyway, this will be a challenge to figure out another way to deal with those longbowmen.

And while I think she could beat them if she had time to buff, I did have some concern about the Knights of Avalon. They have a charge attack but the scariest thing is their magic attack which could pop her mistform. Another thing that could have been a problem is thugged Lord Wardens.
Old August 12th, 2011, 08:08 PM

Corporal

Louist is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nations - MA, CBM 1.6, max lvl 6 magic, NI, Assimilation mod - Running

I haven't had any replies to my post looking for subs. I'm going to post within each of my games, as perhaps some of you would like to babysit my nation in my other games, and perhaps someone there would come baby-sit for this one.

I've got three games I need subs for, starting a week from now (evening of the 19th would be ideal), and lasting until the 27th, when I return from camping.

There's DawnoftheMorning. This one is the most involved, and the one I most need a sub for! Playing as EA Caelum, no mods. Doing decently well, entering into late game.

There's LazyDays, I'm playing LA Arco. It's a small map, approaching mid game, I suppose. Really just need someone to babysit this one, as nothing complicated is going on. Small map, very slow pace, easy work. CBM 1.6

There's Nations. (This game!).

If anyone can take over one or more of these games a week from now, send me a PM.

Thanks!
Old August 13th, 2011, 02:11 AM

Major General

I can definitely sub for LazyDays as it sounds like it's just a matter of completing routine tasks. Just let me know what you'd like recruited, research goals to aim for, etc.

As far as DawnoftheMorning goes, I'm willing to sub there if you can't find someone else but it sounds like you're at war and I can't guarantee anything (never played any era of Caelum before).
Old August 13th, 2011, 03:29 AM

Sergeant

Olm is on a distinguished road

I will also be on vacation till Thursday.
While I have access to a computer and my mails, my turns tend to get long. Perhaps we could stretch turns a little bit this week, when 2 of 4 are on vacation.

Ah, its early morning, I should read more thoroughly. Louist is away next week, so just forget it.
Old August 13th, 2011, 09:40 AM

Private

buzzsaw is on a distinguished road

Seems I have a big issue.
Dom3 is loaded on my work laptop and not on my home rig. Used to be but I recently upgraded. I have no access to do my turn file. Can we add a 48 hour delay to the this turn?
Old August 13th, 2011, 10:30 AM

Sergeant

Olm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzsaw View Post
Can we add a 48 hour delay to the this turn?
No problem with me.
Old August 13th, 2011, 02:42 PM

Corporal

Louist is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerius View Post
I can definitely sub for LazyDays as it sounds like it's just a matter of completing routine tasks. Just let me know what you'd like recruited, research goals to aim for, etc.

As far as DawnoftheMorning goes, I'm willing to sub there if you can't find someone else but it sounds like you're at war and I can't guarantee anything (never played any era of Caelum before).
That would be great. LazyDays is really just babysitting. A few forts to recruit mages from. Maybe adjust research. And that's about it

I'll let you know if I don't find a sub for Dawn.
Old August 13th, 2011, 07:04 PM

Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzsaw View Post
Can we add a 48 hour delay to the this turn?
Sure, 48 hours added to the clock.

Quote:
I will also be on vacation till Thursday.
While I have access to a computer and my mails, my turns tend to get long. Perhaps we could stretch turns a little bit this week, when 2 of 4 are on vacation.
How about if I switch it to 72 hour hosting? We'll be on 72 hours as of turn 40 anyway. I doubt we'll need it since we've been moving at a good pace but it will help over the next few weeks with everyone's vacations. Sometimes increasing the hosting interval results in people submitting their turns later but that's not an issue with this group so I don't see a drawback to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louist View Post
That would be great. LazyDays is really just babysitting. A few forts to recruit mages from. Maybe adjust research. And that's about it

I'll let you know if I don't find a sub for Dawn.
Ok, sounds good. If you can't find a sub for this game then we'll have to put it on hold since you and I are at war beginning this turn.

As regards the game situation, things are getting very interesting. I've got large numbers of enemy troops along my eastern border and don't have enough resources to defend against them all so I'll have to pick my spots, hopefully win some battles, and then capitalize on that.

Olm, I'm annoyed at myself for missing the province connection between 86 and 97. I moved my forces to 89 thinking I'd block your army. Now you've got a good size force running around inside my borders.
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:10 AM

Private

buzzsaw is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the extension!

Samhain has new commitments (real life) so I will be offically taking over for him. Please hold your applause.
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:43 AM

Sergeant

Samhain is on a distinguished road

I have no new commitments, actually. Real life is just normally hectic. I just thought if you were enjoying yourself I should offer the option to continue. It's an option I would want if I were subbing.

Thanks again for taking over for me. And, have fun everyone!