War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > KE Studios > War Plan Pacific
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 21st, 2008, 03:21 AM

Private

AlanBernardo is on a distinguished road
Default Quick Questions

I have two quick questions about gameplay rules, if you will.

First, this oil thing. The victory-condition states that "Control of Singapore, Borneo, Java will add one to each of the reserves, but these additions are reduced by one for each of Formosa, Luzon, Leyte controlled by the Allies."

One month of oil is consumed each turn, and the game starts with Japan at -1. If I get control of Luzon, does the number go to
"0"? Or would the number stay at -1, since the only way to actually get a point of oil, I would have to capture, say, Borneo? And if Leyte becomes a functional Allied base, Japan would then be at -2? Conversely, if the Allies get functional control of Borneo, the number would stay the same.

This seems to be the way this works, since gaining control of Luzon and getting the base functional doesn't change the number at all. It is only when Borneo is captured, etc. the Japan's oil reserves stabalize.

My second question deals with building up bases. I know that sending a convoy into a base that is rebuilding will bring that base to functional (or at least doing it for two turns will do the trick). It also says in the manual, on page 20, that "if the icons are orange, then the base is not functional and must be repaired (by patrolling or convoys)before it can contribute to any victory conditions."

How long does it take to get a base functional when using patrolling only? I've tried to figure this out and it appears that sending only a patrolling TF to rebuild a base doesn't seem to result in any kind of rebuilding of the base (i.e., the red line doesn't advance). And if there is an effect, as the manual states there should be, does it make a difference on the pace of rebuilding if your TF is bigger or includes some of the bigger ships? I seem to recall somewhere in the manual where it said that for rebuiling a base, a single CL would do.

Thanks!

Alan