ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old March 15th, 2006, 01:20 AM

General

Slynky is on a distinguished road
Default OT - \"The Shield\' (for Geo)

Well, no shortage of good name-calling tonight! Let's see:

Shane got called, "Teeth" (busted a gut on that one)
Then, there was Dutch being accused of having "Latino wetdreams".
Add in "MC-wannabee" (LOL)

Best line of the night? "Looks like we got dick...which is more than I can say for the victim."

Love this show! Intense episode tonight and the finale looks to be even better. I'm thinking Emmy for this year for intricate plots and details.
Old March 15th, 2006, 08:11 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT - \"The Shield\' (for Geo)

Oh forgot to mention the line "your wifes kitty tastes like sweet butter." - what a devously low blow that one was.
Old March 15th, 2006, 08:50 PM

General

Quote:
Atrocities said:
Oh forgot to mention the line "your wifes kitty tastes like sweet butter." - what a devously low blow that one was.
Yeah, too many lines to remember (LOL). Personally, I kinda liked her style of bluntly NOT lying about what happened.
Old March 15th, 2006, 09:50 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Yes, it was refreshing of her. Gina was a good choice to play that character. All though I do miss seeing her sporting her short barrelled lever action winchester, and that long brown coat.
Old March 16th, 2006, 03:26 AM

National Security Advisor

geoschmo is on a distinguished road

Dutch is always such a sensitive guy. I can't figure out how he doesn't do better with the ladies.

This show more then any other really gives me conflicted emotions. I find myself rooting for and despising Vick at the same time. It's uncomfortable, but great television.

I didn't start watching it till sometime in season 2 and was well and fully hooked on it by the time I managed to catch the pilot episode in reruns. I had come to think of Vick and the team as basically good guys who didn't always play by the rules, but only cheated the bad guys so it was somewhat justifiable. Honor among theives and all that.

When I saw the pilot and watched Vick put a bullet into Terry I was stunned. I literally sat there mouth open halfway through the next commercial break. I think my first comment to my wife was "Oh my god, Vick's an effing cop-killer!"

I had heard rumors this was going to be the last season, but now I see they are calling next weeks episode a season finale and not a series finale.

At some point this show will have to come to an end. When it does I really hope they figure out a fitting end for Vick. It needs to be something where he redeems himself on a personal level, but pays for his crimes at the same time. As much as I hate to see the show end, I am looking forward to the closure. I thought this Cavanaugh guy was going to be it, but it's starting to look like Vicks going to slip away again.
Old March 16th, 2006, 07:04 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Vick is currupt cop killing criminal with a badge. If his character gets sent to prison I will not feel an ounce of pitty for him or Shane. Lem now, that guys is just your typical nice guy. Always finishing last, and always getting shafted. Dutch is a boob to whom you do not want on your *** if you have done something illegal.

As to Jewelan (sp) what a well done job in the interigation room. (If that actor doesn't get nominated for a globe, then the globe folks are ignorant fools.)
Old March 16th, 2006, 12:21 PM

General

Well, they set out to create a show that wasn't your "Dad's Oldsmobile" and they succeeded. Anytime a series or movie can evoke emotions and getting you to care and to want to watch the next episode, well it must be doing something right.

I used to watch NYPD Blue till The Shield came on and I realized how little action NYPD had on it (so I quit watching it).

And BOLD? What about 2 seasons ago when Aceveda was raped! I couldn't believe they had the nerve to do that

Shane's a DH and my wife hates him. We both keep wondering if his teeth will shine in total darkness. That's why we about lost our food when that guy called him, "Teeth"!
Old March 16th, 2006, 05:45 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Don't get me wrong, I like the series. I like a lot of the more hard core, anti politically correct, less than liberal friendly shows that have been coming out in recent years. From the Shield to 24 the field of action TV is alive and hopefully doing well.

The UNIT has been a good show so far and I am looking forward to seeing more of it. "I have my best man out there in the woods. If you give me up, he will come down here and shoot you dead. You, you, and you panic, the rest of you come with me."

I just love it.

The Saprono's, after being off for over a year is finally coming back... well about GD time!

You know, I was watching the news the other day, MSNBC, and some guy was *****ing about how liberals are being prevented from speaking. That there message is being serquestered. I thought that comment to be very odd given that liberals control most of hollywood thus they have direct influeance over the tv we watch and the movies we go and see. I then though that perhaps that is why TV viewer ship for such shows as Boston Legal, the West Wing, and so many others is down and perhaps this might also be why viewership for such hard hitting shows such as the Shield, the Saprano's, and most recently the UNIT are up. Oh ya, could it also be that the influence of certain folks is also way movie sales are way down and have been dropping for years?

Who knows. I just hope that they don't start to mess with the shows that are worth watching.
Old March 22nd, 2006, 02:49 PM

National Security Advisor

geoschmo is on a distinguished road

Wow. Freaking wow.

I don't know what else to say about the season finale.

I've been kind of feeling that we were heading towards something like this for the last couple episodes. And about halfway through last nights show I told my wife what was going to happen. But even then I was hoping I was wrong.

In my lifetime of watching TV there are probably only about ten or so things that I've seen that floored me and left me speechless. And 4 of them have been from "The Shield". Terry's murder, the assault of Acevedo, Dutch's psycho "kitten" moment, and last night.

This show has to be the greatest cop show ever, and probably one of the best T.V. shows period.

I'm stunned.
Old March 22nd, 2006, 05:10 PM

Private

ExSentinel is on a distinguished road

Yeah last nights episode left me really empty, and I was really quiet for a long time. Not the way I wanted the season to end to be honest, though I thought, like you, that it was coming to that.

It is going to be an interesting season next year to say the least