Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old April 28th, 2016, 11:23 PM

Corporal

lukerduker123 is on a distinguished road
Default Near infinite ATGM fire

Howdy! So I was playing the CENTAG 75 campaign, using my helicopters and those lovely TOW missiles, when I noticed that they weren't consuming a shot every time they fired. By that I mean that they would fire a missile, it would hit, and it wouldn't count as a 'shot'. That is, I could fire all eight TOW missiles in a single turn, when I'm supposed to only fire one.

Now, after fiddling about I found out what the issue was. Whenever a unit's about to launch a missile a unit may return fire before it even fires. So, my helicopter would try to fire a missile at a target, but before it launches it draws reaction fire from, say, a BMP. That one BMP has just doomed eight of his buddies to an early grave. You can test it yourself. Unsure of whether or not it's just the AH-1Q or not, but it's quite easy to abuse this, as long as you just keep drawing pitifully useless reaction fire.
Old April 29th, 2016, 01:22 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Near infinite ATGM fire

That sometimes happens. But unless you're playing WinSPMBT with unlimited ammo it isn't really a problem as they run out of on-board missiles fairly soon.

If you are playing with unlimited ammo ... well then you have to just live with the results.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old April 29th, 2016, 01:00 PM

Corporal

Steves308 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Near infinite ATGM fire

I've seen this occasionally, both helicopters and vehicles, though more from dedicated atgm vehicles, not really from things like a Bradley or BMP. And like Suhir says, you can run out of missiles pretty quickly if you take advantage of it. I will just fire the usual couple of shots and then move (since I am taking reaction fire ;^)

Steves308