.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old August 17th, 2006, 08:23 AM

Corporal

MacGalin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Korean War II - from N.K. PoV. Anybody interes

Well, for now i dont have time to finish it... I've got two campagins waiting to be finished (NKPA and WW3 '49 )

Working sucks, i tell ya [But at leeast the money ar good ]
Old August 23rd, 2006, 08:01 AM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The campagin would probably require modified oob - north korea would need new RPGs, new tanks, new atgms... and so on to be a challenge for the player.
Maybe you won't have to bother with it, if you can use 'captured' Russian weaponry all through a campaign. That would give you units from the Russian OOB under the NK flag and leadership (and morale etc.). I know this isn't a problem for scenarios, but maybe the campaign mechanism prevents this, I have no idea.

As for allies, er... lessee... Chinese infils? Rogue Russian local military? Iranian irregulars?
Old August 23rd, 2006, 10:58 PM

Corporal

whdonnelly is on a distinguished road

Consider this.
One of the popular conspiracy theories in South Korea is that Japan helps North Korea because it is in the best interest of Japan to keep Korea divided. So maybe a rogue splinter group of Japanese "volunteers" with high tech weaponry show up in the Peoples Army. Farfetched perhaps, but it could be a shock to the a player used to the diet of T-62 mods and inaccurate artillery.
Old August 24th, 2006, 04:17 AM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
whdonnelly said:
Consider this.
One of the popular conspiracy theories in South Korea is that Japan helps North Korea because it is in the best interest of Japan to keep Korea divided. So maybe a rogue splinter group of Japanese "volunteers" with high tech weaponry show up in the Peoples Army. Farfetched perhaps, but it could be a shock to the a player used to the diet of T-62 mods and inaccurate artillery.
I've been hearing loosely about that for some years, yes, but I didn't know it was an actual "conspiracy theory" in the public mind.
Now given the credibility of a full-fledged conventional war between North and South in the near future , I don't see why you should rule the Japanese element out!

Possibly as some kind of tech transfer though, I don't think there would be that many 'volunteers'. Even high-tech weaponry may be a bit showy, but the most plausible elements (cash, intel, diplomacy) aren't in the scope of the game.
Old August 24th, 2006, 08:12 AM

Sergeant

pdoktar is on a distinguished road

The worst conspiracy theory ever!
Old August 24th, 2006, 09:20 AM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road

I think that some people are looking for a solution to a problem which does not exist.The NK OOB already includes
the T-80U, the T-2002 and the BMP-3, as well as Fagot ATGM and Igla SAM.Provided that you do not clash with top of the line US kit, but instead with typical South Korean stuff like K1 tanks you should be fine.You can make up a backstory for a small size èlite unit which got what little modern equipment North Korea had and perhaps support them with more average stuff as cannon fodder.
Include some russian RPG-7Vs or ATGMs if you really need extra punch.